1st Trimester

People touching my **8** week "belly"

Um, there IS no belly! But, I've had two people touch it anyway. Strange because I don't remember people touching my belly when I was pregnant with DS until I was reeeeeally pregnant and a) they were good friends and b)they asked first. But for some reason, this time it's starting early I guess. I thought of the boards because when I was here with #1 there were always posts of people complaining about unsolicited belly touchers and I could never relate. It doesn't really bother me much but it's funny when you aren't showing yet!

Anyone else have this experience before it was warranted?

Re: People touching my **8** week "belly"

• um yes. at christmas dh's uncle reached down and touched me. i was 7 weeks. wtf? i was like, why is he touching me? and i remembered i am pg, but still?!?! he didnt ask either, just reached down and patted. awkward. without the belly i feel like you are just touching too close to my vajayjay. kthanksbai. so i know how you feel.
  • I love my boss, but she does the same. Im like that is just fat and bloat, not a bump
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister did that at 9 weeks and I said "Um what are you doing your just touching my fat thanks!!" She said "oh i didnt know."
  • My friends are doing that to me already. It's so annoying, and even worse I haven't told everyone I'm pregnant so it kind of gives them a good hint...

On New Years my friend did that and then tried to play it off as a dance move, which was hilariously ackward. 

• my mom did a couple weeks ago and I think i jerked away like wtf was that! lol only dh should be touching my fat right now LOL
  • ew id be so creeped out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • umm...yes...at 4 weeks!  basically a day after my BFP!  and i was sitting there stuffing my face, and REALLY bloated, and our male friend kept patting my belling, and i'm like, "um, that's just my fat gut filling up with food that you're touching!"
  • My friend also did that at 9 weeks - patted my completely flat belly. I said there is nothing there, and she said "Well, there must be SOMETHING"...sure there is something, just not touchable yet. Odd...
  • My mom touched mine, but it was a sign of affection and caring.  I guess I don't care, but like others said, it is simply a little pudge of fat right now.
  • that would creep me out!
  • My patient did... awkward.  I know I touch their mouths (I'm a dentist), but I don't want them randomly touching my pooch from IVF.  That was at 6w.  My assistants were saying yesterday that I have a cute little belly... UMM THAT IS FAT.  I gained weight from IVF that they are mistaking for a bump.  I am ready to have a real bump, thank you very much!

Me – 33 (no diagnosis), DH – 41 (MFI)

IVF #1/ICSI 2008 – 22 ER, 21 F, Day 3 transfer (8A and 8B) - BFP, 3 Frosties

Surprise BFP 2010

Surprise BFP 2011

Shipped frosties from TX to VA in 2012

FET #1 May 2013, single blast – BFN

FET #2 August 2013 2 blasts – BFN

IVF #2/ICSI/AH Jan 2014 – 8 ER, 7M, 6 F Day 3 transfer (grade 2 & 3), no frosties - BFP!

• I haven't been touched, but my brother in law, who is 22, saw me after Christmas and bends down and says to my belly "How are you doing?" Without thinking I snapped, rather indigent, "Don't be looking my pudge!" He looked shocked, but was apparently quite amused later and is now calling the baby "pudge." Hopefully it isn't a name that will stick once he/she is born Stick out tongue
  • When I was visiting my sisters, they all did the same.  They were talking about the baby while touching my stomach and I was only 5 weeks at the time. I go back to work on Tuesday and I?m now wondering how I?ll react when the teachers find out and start touching my stomach.

• This is my fourth pregnancy, and I think I can count on one hand the number of belly touches I've had (I've been told I give off a "***" vibe; that's fine with me if it means they keep their damn_ hands off me).  However, my brother in law is the biggest offender!  I'm "showing early" (I look pregnant now because the fat and bloat just automatically go out front that way now lol) but it's still. just. fat. and bloat.  Not baby.  Fat.  Last weekend he was over and he reached out and started rubbing!  Ugh.  I started backing up and he kept doing it!  I feel bad because I know he's not being dirty or anything; he's just a really affectionate guy.  But I am NOT a touchy-feely kind of person at all, and I get even more adverse to it when I'm pregnant.  I don't rub his belly!!  Why is it ok to rub mine?? AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

Whew.  I'm glad you posted this.  I've been meaning to post this rant for a long time. lol

• LOL  That should say "b!tch vibe"
  • I read somewhere that when people do that without asking, you should just grab their crotch...lol. Violation results in violation.,
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Guess I've been lucky. Only my best girlfriend and the daddy have wanted to touch my belly so far ... and with them it's sweet.
  • YES! My mother does it every time I see her. It's very annoying.
  • haha, it's so funny reading these. i've only been patted once, by my dh's cousin. she touched my stomach when i was 5 weeks along and not any bigger than i normally am, and goes oh my gosh! i feel a baby! it bothered me more than i thought it would! i know this pregnancy i'm going to feel "hands off!" the whole 9 months.
  • imagethailajo:
    I read somewhere that when people do that without asking, you should just grab their crotch...lol. Violation results in violation.,

I like that! Just pictured it and it's so funny. I'll try it the next time.

• At Christmas I was 10 weeks and my aunt (after she had some drinks) started kissing my stomach. ?I just stood there, wishing she would stop. ?It was weird, but I guess she's just excited.
  • Yes! ?They are all friends, but at the same time... I'm only 11 weeks pregnant. ?There is no bump, only bloat. ?It's kinda uncomfortable having someone touch my bloated belly!!!
  • We told our family at Christmas that we were pregnant and my 10yo cousin comes over and starts rubbing my belly, it took everything I had not to pop him.  His mother was mortified, I understand he doesn't know, in his world that's just what you are supposed to do when people are pregnant.  I've already found a shirt that says Don't touch the bump at cafepress.com.
  • imagethailajo:
    I read somewhere that when people do that without asking, you should just grab their crotch...lol. Violation results in violation.,

ROFL!!! I almost pee'd myself!!!  I dont think that would go over well with my MIL, but the mental image would have been total worth it!!  Thats awsome

• I had some one touch my stomach today!! I was just like ummmm im only 9 weeks Im not showing and please dont touch me..
  • Ew-I know what you mean.  When I was 12 weeks with DD, and barely showing, I had just started a new job.  My boss introduced me to his wife, at a company outing no less, and he patted my belly when he introduced me and told her I was pregnant.  I was ABSOLUTELY horrified, but I totally hid it and just smiled.  It was gross.

• I had an acquaintance reach out towards my belly like she was about to pat me or something, and I backed up really fast and asked what she thought she was doing. All I have is fat right now. I am absolutely not cool with people randomly touching my stomach, even if it's after I'm showing. It just seems rude to me. I like to adhere to the personal space rule.
  • imagethailajo:

Quote of the day! Hysterical! 

• I haven't had anyone touch my belly yet but when they do I am going to have that mental image and will probably start laughing.  Thank you for that, it will help me deal with the inappropriate touching!

• I had someone I didn't know congratulate me on my pregnancy today! Nobody knows yet except close family. I look exactly the same as before I was pregnant. I just looked at her dumbfounded and said "well, no one knows yet, and I'm not showing," to which she replied "really?"

You can only imagine how I felt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unfortunately, yes. And it is always the people who I seriously don't want touching me.

• yes!! i admittedly have gained some weight in my previously already pudgy gut, and when people comment or touch it I still get all defensive and say 'oh no, thats just my fat, but thanks for noticing" I dont think i'll ever be okay with it until i'm like 6 months pregnant and it actually feels like i'm pregnant.I think some people just have to use common sense and personal space boundaries a little more. Just because I'm pregnant doesnt mean those  things should go out the window.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • The only one who has touched my belly is my DH. Everynight, he kisses the baby goodnight, and tells it something positive. (ie "You're going to be my little super star" or "Keep growing little guy" and my favorite "Please grow  a penis"). And throughout the day he'll just put his arms around me just to put his hands where the baby is.
  • It's been decided. I will kung fu hustle anyone other than my dh and mother (she's a midwife) who tries to touch my belly.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yeah i think i would flip out right now but if it is a close friend...that's different
  • I am totally grabbing crotch the next time somebody tries to touch my belly!

I am bloated and fat and people keep trying to touch my tummy. One of my dearest friends talks to it, even though we're close it's still weird. It's like they have some sort of expectation that I know is crap - the baby is the size of a plum, you can't feel it people!!

• Only my husband has done that, which I don't mind at all. But if it were people I work with...or just other family, yeah I think I'd be a bit uncomfortablee especially since at 8 weeks....there is no baby belly! Big Smile
  • My brother tried to touch my belly.  I kicked him in the shin.  Hard.  With a wooden soled shoe. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"