Baby Names

2 weeks to go - Help name our girl!

With 2 weeks left, my husband and I still have not agreed on a name for our daughter. DS is Liam.

Our top 3 FN options...

Amelia
Stella
Isla

I've been leaning towards Amelia, but am now having second thoughts because I know of a couple Amelia/Emilia's born in just the last few months.... although none actually in our small town. None are in direct connection to us either... mostly friend of a friend deal

MN options are all family names...

Renee
Elizabeth
Marie
Helen
Maren (a combo of Marie + Helen, which were my 2 grandmothers)

Our last name starts with an M.

SO, with all of that being said... What is your favorite combo? Any other FN options to suggest that are similar to our current 3?

THANK YOU! :)

Re: 2 weeks to go - Help name our girl!

• LNic5LNic5 member
    Love Stella!! I'd pick Stella Renee or Stella Maren...beautiful names!!!
  • I love all three names tbh! I think Amelia might be my fave, but I am not mad at any of them. Good job!

Best FN/MN combos:

Amelia Renee
    Stella Marie
    Isla Renee
  • Loading the player...
  • I've seen Stella a lot on this board lately so I'm getting a little tired of it. Amelia is one of my favorite girl names so that's what I like the most. Isla is nice too but I didn't know how to pronounce it until I started frequenting this board. It seems like it's getting more popular these days though so hopefully pronunciation wouldn't be an issue. I like Amelia Renee. I do like the Maren idea but it doesn't sound as good with Amelia.
  • I don't like Stella I find it trendy and hear stellar with a jersey accent which I hate. 

I I like both Isla and Amelia

• Love Amelia!
  • Liam and Amelia feel too close for me (I think it's the "lee" of Liam and the "mee" of Amelia).

Anyway, I love Stella so that gets my vote. But Isla is nice too.
    Stella Renee.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Stella Renee!
  • I love all your middle names more
  • I love Isla Marie or Isla Renee - I also think Stella sounds like stellar in a jersey accent and can't get that thought out of my head! 
  • Amelia Renee
  • Isla Elizabeth or Amelia Marie
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Great options! You can't pick a bad one from that great list. My fave is isla marie or isla renee.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Isla Maren.

Isla is just my favorite out of your list. I think all the middle names are good but the meaning behind Maren is very sweet, so I pick that.
  • HEM18 said:

With 2 weeks left, my husband and I still have not agreed on a name for our daughter. DS is Liam.

Our top 3 FN options...

Amelia
    Stella
    Isla

I've been leaning towards Amelia, but am now having second thoughts because I know of a couple Amelia/Emilia's born in just the last few months.... although none actually in our small town. None are in direct connection to us either... mostly friend of a friend deal

MN options are all family names...

Renee
    Elizabeth
    Marie
    Helen
    Maren (a combo of Marie + Helen, which were my 2 grandmothers)

Our last name starts with an M.

SO, with all of that being said... What is your favorite combo? Any other FN options to suggest that are similar to our current 3?

THANK YOU! :)

I really love Isla, its one of my favorite names. I think Renee, Marie or Maren go best with it from your list. I also like Stella and I think most middle names work (just not a fan of Helen). I've just never liked Amelia. 
  • Stella Renee 
  • I love Maren. Would maybe even bump it to the first name list!
  • HEM18HEM18 member

Thanks for all of your feedback ladies, but now I can't stop saying stellar in a Jersey accent! :)

• I like them all, but Amelia is becoming a little too popular for my taste. Both Stella Maren and Isla Maren are awesome! Nice job!
  • Isla Maren would be my pick. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I like all 3 of them, but Amelia is at the top of my list so that's my favorite. 
  • Isla Maren is so nice!   It's a bit nautical sounding, too. 
  • Another vote for Isla Maren. It's a beautiful name and while Amelia is too, it's not as popular. There is nothing wrong with Stella, but it's nms.
  • Stella Maren
  • They're all good, I like Isla out of your fb list. Love the idea of Maren, and it flows well with the fns too. 
    Isla Maren
  • WildWhat said:
    I love Maren. Would maybe even bump it to the first name list!
    I was about to say this! I had a student named Maren and she was the sweetest girl. It's a great, not too common name, especially being a combination of two important names!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers