Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

got my hospital bill today

I got my hospital bill in the mail today. I was in from 12-2 to 12-5 after having a c-section. My total cost was $16,662.66Indifferent. Thank goodness for insurance because we only have to pay about $1300 out of pocket.

If you don't mind sharing....how much was your hospital bill? Having a baby is definitely spendy, but worth every penny! Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: got my hospital bill today

• Options
    I had a C/S and my part was about the same, im disputing mine though because i was charged $900 something for L&D room then charged a ton for OR and OR staff....I walked straight into OR from the front desk I was never in L&D
  • Options
    still haven't gotten it ;/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Damn, I had a vag delivery and it was $16K.  I think you made out pretty well having had a c-section and all.
  • Options
    30k for my c/s.  we owe 250.
    J1 1.19.07
    J2 11.17.08
  • Options
    It was about $40,000 for the C-Section. We have to pay about $1250.00.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We have paid over $800 for me so far and over $300 or $400 for DS (don't remember off hand). I am not sure if we were billed for the epidural though...unless that was under the meds part of the bill.

With our insurance, we have a $250 deductible (which was paid way before I delivered) and we pay 20% up to $1500. However, that is for each person...so we had to do that for myself and for DS.

• Options
    I am still getting bills.  So far a little over $19,000 for a c-section.  I had to pay $500.
  • Options
    Ours was 17,000, it was an emergency c-section with, he spent two days in the NICU and I spent 3 nights in the hospital.
  • Options
    I had a c/s and our total bill was about $6000.    I stayed at the hospital for 2 days.  Out of the $6000, our insurance will pay 80% and I will cover 20%. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Don't really have a total cause I was in and out of the hospital last few months but about 30K. Have double coverage and haven't paid a dime for anything even for pregnancy.

• Options
    It was $33K for my C-section and recovery.  The baby's bill was $8500 (for 3 days of regular nursery O.o).  God bless our insurance; it covered all but $39 for the phone and TV in my room.
    Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options

I think for DD, my stay, c/s and whatever else, it was, I think, between 50k and 60k. I was in on 3/6 and came out on 3/10. I think I had to pay like 3 or 4k after insurance.

• Options
    $60,000 for my delivery and Ryan's stay in the NICU.  We paid $250.
  • Options

The total cost for the entire pregnancy was around $28,500.  The c-section and hospital stay (2 nights being induced, 4 nights after delivery) added to about $24,500.  We are going to end up paying just under $2,000 total.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I believe mine was about $35,000 for a forcep induction and E's bill topped $10,000 for 3 days in the level 2 nursery.  We paid about $1200, I think...
  • Options
    Mine was $22000 for vaginal - we paid only $500 after ins and $200 for cord blood withdrawl.
  • Options

$6500 for my natural delivery, plus DD's first two check-ups and a two-day hospital stay. I had Medicaid so we paid nothing.

After reading all your posts, I just have to wonder what the agenda of all these hospitals is. I had my baby at a hospital that has been nationally recognized for its NICU and overall level of care and I think I had one of the lowest hospital bills out of all you ladies. Really makes you think, doesn't it?

• Options
    11k for hospital and almost 3k for epidural. we actually ended up making money on the whole thing - we owed about $1200 total but they paid us $2400 bc we had something on our insurance that states when someone stays the night in the hospital, we get 1k then $100 every night there after. so for sawyer and i to stay - we got 2 checks for $1200 - so we made $1200 in the end lol
  • Options
    $35k and I paid $35 for the long distance and TV.  I wasn't going to get tv but the World Series was on!!!
  • Options

Our bill was right at $30k - I was in the hospital for 4 days before DS was born (for Pre E) and then 2 days after. This was an induction with a natural delivery.

• Options
    Oh, and we've paid just under $3,000 for our portion. It sounds like our insurance isn't nearly as good as everyone else on here!
  • Options
    My bill for the hospital care alone- only MINE, not even DS over 37,000.

Yeah. ?Not a typo.

I was in labor for DAYS. ?I went in on a wednesday night and came home on Tuesday.
  • Options
    And it was a vaginal birth too.
  • Options
    Im not sure how much my bill was for me and ds but I have a 3500 deductable and my company pays it so I had to pay $0
  • Options

I'm thankful for my Canadian medical system!!!! No bills to look forward to!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    9,000 without insurance, but they talked it down to a beautiful 404. Man was the insurance pricey. Now we are with someone new... we'll see if they are nearly as awesome.
  • Options

Of the bills we have seen so far, over $65k.  I was in labor 3.5 days (induced), vaginal delivery, then 2.5 days in recovery.  Our understanding is that DD is considered "me" until she leaves the hospital, so no separate out of pocket for her.  Our out of pocket will be 10% - whatever that means, because it's not of the original total or the total after ins kicks in or the "disallowed" charges.

However, we have a wrinkle.  The hospital hasn't received all the paperwork it required to pay the bill, so the ins denied it.  The hosp charges by themselves were nearly $61k. Hopefully the hosp will dispute with ins directly. We did just receive a notice in the mail that our hosp stay is considered necessary, along with tips for our hospital stay.  (thanks guys, been there done that)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"