Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long did your husband stay home?

It was tough the first 2 weeks since she was early and we weren't ready yet and with the holidays he couldn't get away, but as of this week hubby is only working 2 days per week for the next month or two, maybe longer if I need him. I was shocked when a couple of our family members had babies recently and the father didn't even take a couple of days off once they were home!

Re: How long did your husband stay home?

• he stayed home a 2 weeks.  but, dh also runs a comedy club adn works at night (5-2am), so he's always home during the day with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 2 weeks- he used his vacation time. He went back to work on Monday and this week has been just short of hell. I think the first 2 weeks were so much easier than this week has been. DS just slept the first couple but now I could really, really use the help.
  • dh took off a ton of time. we were in then nicu for 17 days with ds. and the first 3 days I wasn't with ds, so dh was at the nicu all day and night.

I remember he was off pretty much the first 3 weeks, then worked every few days. we had tons of family here to help too.

• Officially, two weeks.
    But I gave birth in early Nov so with all the holidays he worked from home for about a month or so. It was soooo nice to have his help.
  • 6 lovely and wonderful weeks. (no sarcasm)- I actually got VERY spolied!
    One Beautiful Gift Delivered 11/08 One Beautiful Angel 8/10 4 Clomid/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative 2 Gonal F/Ovidril/IUIs= Negative Please Lord, I love this baby already, we are ready when You are.
  • He was off for 4 weeks and is now doing 1/2 days for probably one more week.
  • Jocelyn was born on Wednesday and DH was prepared to go back to work the following Monday, but he often travels for his job and they were going to Chicago for a week. His boss offered to let him stay home, he said they had enough guys to do the job without him. So, he has been home with me this whole week and it has been so nice,

I am nervouse for next week when he goes back to work.

• a week or so lol then i told him to go back to work. i love him more than the world, but i dont need him to bring me diapers or make bottles for me.
  • 2 weeks. But starting next week he'll work from hom on Thursdays and have DS at home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DH is off this week because of vacation. He plans on taking off next week too. I may have him take off a few days of the following week because I had an emergency C-Section. My sis is flying in on the 21st to help me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Let's see, my water broke on a Friday night.  DH had the weekend off, plus he took Monday and Tuesday off.  He went to work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday as half days.  Then was back at work the next week regularly.  No family came to stay with us to help, either. (That seems to be a common question by everyone when they hear DH went back to work so soon).
  • Two weeks, but he did WAH most of those days.
  • Three weeks, then back for a week, then off again for two weeks around the holidays.
  • DH was off for 3 days. He does not get vacation or leave. He doesn't get paid if he doesn't work, so it was best for our fam.  I really didn't have any problem with it.
  • DH got 5 days off.  He spent half that time in the hospital so he was only really home for about 2 days.
  • DH is home for 5 full weeks ;0)  I thought he would drive me crazy, but I am loving it.

• 3 weeks. And I cried like a big baby when he went back. I really liked all the help.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • A week and a few days (I delivered on a Wednesday).  He said he would use more vacation time, but I told him to save it.  We ended up using the extra few days to go to the beach for Thanksgiving with his parents, it was so worth it! lol
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 1 Week?

he started a new job and did not have much vacation saved up.

By the way I love your babys name :)?

• My DH owns a business so he was pretty much back to work the day after our kiddos were born.  You gotta do what you gotta do...
  • 3 days Sad

He went to work on the Tuesday I got induced.  Was off Wed (I gave birth), Thurs and Fri and left the hospital Saturday to work and by the time he got back I was being discharged.  No more time off after that.

• Dh had only been with his company for 2 months when ds was born but they gave him a week of paid time, then he worked from home for a week. At 2 weeks old he went on his 1st business trip and that sucked. I had help luckily.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageilovemygirls:
    My DH owns a business so he was pretty much back to work the day after our kiddos were born.  You gotta do what you gotta do...

Exactly.  He took the day off that I delivered (Monday) and was back to work on Tuesday.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • imagekaykay7:

1 Week 

he started a new job and did not have much vacation saved up.

By the way I love your babys name :) 

Thanks so much! I love your baby's name too! Micah is such a cool name in my book.

• Just over a week. We were lucky that I gave birth on a saturday and after the first week was labor day so DH had that day automatically off.  He had to use sick time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"