December 2015 Moms

UO Thursday 7/30

edited July 2015 in December 2015 Moms
It's Thursday, we all know what that means, no, not Thirsty Thursday, but time for your unpopular opinions ;) Let's hear them!
Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: UO Thursday 7/30

• Mine is that I dislike elastic headbands on babies heads. From what I have read the headbands can actually cause trauma to their head!

Oh really? That's interesting, I hadn't heard that but I suppose it makes sense.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ChiccoBeanz I haven't seen Frozen yet, but I'm sure I will in the upcoming years. I love salads!!! We can't be friends anymore ;) But seriously yes to everything else!
  • I hate chocolate. I was sensitive to it before but now since being preggo it's even worse. My SO laughs everytime he puts the cocoa butter lotion on me cause I complain about its chocolate like smell. Must go to the store soon to find a different lotion lol.
  • @ChiccoBeanz I haven't seen Frozen yet, but I'm sure I will in the upcoming years. I love salads!!! We can't be friends anymore ;) But seriously yes to everything else!
    Salad is cool with like buffalo chicken and a lot of ranch or blue cheese...but clearly that defeats the purpose of me eating salad.. lol so I don't like them
  • I hate chocolate. I was sensitive to it before but now since being preggo it's even worse. My SO laughs everytime he puts the cocoa butter lotion on me cause I complain about its chocolate like smell. Must go to the store soon to find a different lotion lol.

That sucks! I can't imagine not eating chocolate, I think I have a chocolate addiction!
  • Oh, I can't get into scandal, never seen the Bachelorette and I actually like to watch Maury. I think LA LA loopsy is scary and Dora the Explorer is annoying as hell. I also find star track super boring, or is it star trek? Star trek... I don't eat potato salad, mac salad.. well anything with mayo..because it is gross. Oh and I don't like chocolate ice cream except frosty from wendy's
  • I don't care for the movie frozen....  Can't get into it. Songs are catchy though. Oh Nutella is somewhat gross... ummm I think breast feeding is cool....and.... I'm not a fan of salad.... or people that use the adjective "groovy" to describe themselves or anything else for that matter....it's 2015.

Nutella IS gross!  I don't understand the obsession with it.

Married - 10/10/2009

DS - Due 11/3/2012 born 9/28/2012 due to Severe Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome

DD - EDD 12/30/15

"I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url|| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</

• @sharonholck28 I use coconut oil and it doesn't have a smell at all. Just about 21 weeks and I don't have any stretch marks so far. Although, I know our skin is going to stretch a lot more later on.
  • The sun sucks. I'd rather watch Frozen, while eating mayo, and listen to my husband say nothing but groovy, then ever step foot in the sun again.
  • laura6006 said:

@sharonholck28 I use coconut oil and it doesn't have a smell at all. Just about 21 weeks and I don't have any stretch marks so far. Although, I know our skin is going to stretch a lot more later on.

I use coconut oil too...no stretch marks yet, but I feel like I smell like movie theatre popcorn when I use it!

Maybe I'm overly sensitive to the scent.
  • I hate people asking about the baby's name. We haven't picked one yet geez! 
  • I don't care for the movie frozen....  Can't get into it. Songs are catchy though. Oh Nutella is somewhat gross... ummm I think breast feeding is cool....and.... I'm not a fan of salad.... or people that use the adjective "groovy" to describe themselves or anything else for that matter....it's 2015.

Agreed. Leave "groovy" in the 80's where it belongs. Along with those ridiculous bell bottom pants.
    80's? I thought 'groovy' was a thoroughly 70's saying.........
  • My UO is that Honey BBQ sauce could be its own food group and I am SO happy I can have it again.  The first trimester sucked.
  • My UO is I hate summer! I hate the hot, humidity, sweating! I'd rather sit in AC all day!! Fall/spring perfect!

I know what you mean! The past few days here have been so humid ick!
  • @caitlyn5454 when were you born?? Both bell-bottom pants and the word 'groovy' are from the 70s. 80s welcomed acid-wash jeans, neon everything, and sayings like 'radical' and 'bitchin.'
    Whoops haha fat fingers! Meant 70s!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My UO is that Honey BBQ sauce could be its own food group and I am SO happy I can have it again.  The first trimester sucked.

Do you like honey BBQ chips?
  • I hate it when my dog breathes on me and licks me. It didn't bother me before I got pregnant... Now I can't stand it, need a gas mask, and must go wash after being licked.
  • My uo is I'm not a fan of sweet stuff. I just am not big on cakes and candy. I mean I will have a slice of cake every once and a while but I scrape the icing off. My junk food of choice is salty snacks. Also not a fan of people who think that what they do in their life and with their child makes them superior to others who don't share the same beliefs.
  • My UO:

Who are we kidding? All of my opinions are popular! No seriously though, I don't really like pumpkin anything.

Mmmmmm mmmmmm pumpkin spice latte and pumpkin muffin..... damn you Boston!
  • MrsBwIVF said:

My UO:

Who are we kidding? All of my opinions are popular! No seriously though, I don't really like pumpkin anything.

I'm not against anybody else eating anything pumpkin and I actually love the smell… The taste I could take or leave though.
  • amw2133 said:

MrsBwIVF said:

My UO:

I'm making pumpkin muffins and pumpkin oatmeal this weekend. I LOVE pretty much everything pumpkin!!!
    I will send you my address and expect to see muffins in my mailbox next week.
  • My UO: Who are we kidding? All of my opinions are popular! No seriously though, I don't really like pumpkin anything.
    I'm not against anybody else eating anything pumpkin and I actually love the smell… The taste I could take or leave though.

I used to be able to eat anything pumpkin, but since last fall I haven't been able to because it gives me the worst heartburn. I practically get heartburn just smelling pumpkin pie! ;)

That sucks! I can't imagine not eating chocolate, I think I have a chocolate addiction!

Yes, it DOES suck! I'm also a chocolate addict, and couldn't stand it in the whole first trimester. Luckily I'm back to fully enjoying it every day ;)

• I don't know if this is an UO or just a pet peeve that really drives me up the wall.
    People who don't roll up sleeves when eating and I have to watch them run their clothes through their food.
    My boss does it and she always laughs at me whenever I start saying ack! She immediately knows what's up. DH is a constant food skimmer. I seriously want to scratch my eyes out every time.
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker