July 2015 Moms
Options

Prenatal vitamins

Re: Prenatal vitamins

• Options
    I'm taking Garden of Life raw prenatals and supplement with dha soft gels. They're awesome if you can get past the taste lol.
  • Options
    SofiaIsabelSofiaIsabel member
    edited March 2015
    i also take Garden of Life Raw Prenatals.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm taking Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA. :)
  • Options
    Womens One a Day Prenatal multi + DHA
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I take the women's one a day prenatals.

Another question, sorry don't want to steal from your post!!! But how good are you at remembering to take it every day? And what time of day do you take it?

I'm so bad at remembering, always have been bad at remembering. That's prob why I'm in this situation bc I was horrible at taking b/c. But I like to take it before bed so I keep it next to my bed and I take it almost every day. I'm getting better!!
  • Options
    I take Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA. I like it but I have to remember to take it with food or it makes me nauseous (but all multivitamins do that to me).

@alliebarry13 maybe try getting one of those daily pill boxes? i know it seems super old lady-ish, but it does give you a visual reminder of whether or not you've take your vitamins/medicines for the day. I used to be awful about BC when I was on it, but I started using the pill pox with my BC, vitamin, and iron supplements and it helped a lot.
  • Options
    @asherk that's a good idea! Thanks
  • Options
    I take nature made prenatal also. In addition I take a calcium tab and a vitamin e tab. I wanted to make sure I get the proper calcium. Vitamin e because my skin is super itchy when I am not pregnant so it helps.
    All vitamins I have to take with a FULL meal or that make me sick to my stomach. I also am not the greatest at remembering to take them so I take mind right before bed now. Never forget that way.
  • Options
    I tried 4 or 5 different prenatals in different forms and they all made me terribly sick. I lost a significant amount of weight in my first trimester.

Both the high risk OBGYN and my regular OBGYN told me to take two childrens flinstones vitamins daily. That works much better for me, tastes better, and I don't get sick :)
  • Options
    I am taking the up & up prenatal vitamins, plus nature maid fish oil pills for DHA and omega 3s. I take them every night when I'm getting ready for bed. Vitamins sometimes make me sick too, but taking them at night has helped me! Just made it part of my nightly routine.
  • Options
    @alliebarry13 I take them at night. I started taking them 3 months before our wedding because we wanted to start trying right away. They never made me nauseous and I don't ever wake up feeling weird. They are on my night stand and I always have water there too so I hardly ever forget! (Only time I forget is when I end up passing out on the couch and dragging myself to bed lol).
  • Options
    Rainbow Light Complete Prenatals, plus Innovix Omega-3 fish oil caps for the DHA.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I take the Garden of Life Raw prenatals. And I take the New Chapter Whole Mega. Which is omega 3,5,6,7,8 & 9.

I switched a couple months ago. From the One a day prenatal and+DHA. I also had used the Infamil one as well. Im SO happy I made the switch. Especially when I saw what the difference looked like between processesed oil and the good kind. I realized I was not taking the best vitamins I could.
  • Options
    My doctor gave me tons of samples so I took several different types for about a month. When those ran out I went back to nature made.
  • Options
    I take the trader Joes prenatal. And gummy Vit D. I'm sure they will add iron at the next visit. And then I won't be able to poop again.
  • Options
    iteachkids81iteachkids81 member
    edited March 2015
    I take the CVS brand prenatal plus a fish oil and vitamin d. I set an alarm for 6pm to take them. I take my thyroid pill in the morning and can't have iron or calcium supplements within 4hrs of it so is best to take it in the evening
    ~Jenny~

BabyFruit Ticker
    Excitedly Expecting our first!      EDD July 10

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I take Trader Joe's easy on the stomach bc I've thrown up with vitamins my entire life. I take it right before bed and haven't had a problem since the second trimester.
  • Options
    When we first started trying to conceive I took the up & up gummies. Switched to the One a Day shortly after I found out I was pregnant, mainly for the iron and DHA.
  • Options
    Garden of life raw prenatal.
  • Options
    I don't... I take flinstones hahaha my doctor recommended it since those prenatals would always make me want to hurl no matter what I tried taking them with. I take 2 tablets of the chewable flinstones and it has everything that my prenatal did (if not a little more).
  • Options
    I take centrums prenatal
    With dha. I also take mine right before bed. If I'm very exhausted my Dh reminds me.

• Options
    I threw up every type of prenatal vitamin I tried, so I take flintstones complete alongside an additional 400mcg of folic acid.
  • Options
    Garden of Life Kind Organics Whole Food multivitamin & Flora DHA Vegetarian Algae.

The Flora pill is SO much easier to handle than the oil blend I was trying to drink. Even so, after taking these for so many months they seem to taste worse as time goes on. Oh well!
  • Options
    I take the nature made with dha they are nice soft gel caps and you only need 1 a day. I was taking completia and they were super organic and gross and you had to take 4 a day...puke city! I also take a mega b vitamin foltanx rf caps my OB prescribed them and I take two colace a day, just came off baby aspirin. I take all my pills after dinner and I use an old lady pill box because I'm too lazy to open all the bottle every night. It saves me a lot of time. DH has a reminder go off every night at 10:30pm to make sure I didn't forget to take them...because my pregnancy brain sucks!
  • Options
    I'm taking GNC's prenatal with iron and DHA. Its 3 softgels daily which is kind of alot but they work well. 
  • Options
    I have several bottles of OTC and prescriptions ones I don't like. 

I've been taking these tasty gummies and love them: https://www.drugstore.com/vitafusion-prenatal-adult-vitamins-gummies-lemon-and-raspberry-lemonade/qxp261672  (cheaper on Amazon but the photo is clearer on this site)

June 2012 Mom (2.5 yr old boy), July 2015 Mom (team green), Babywearing newbie/enthusiast
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"