September 2015 Moms

Anyone tried Diclegis?

I was prescribed diclegis for my morning sickness but I'm waiting till after the 1st trimester to take it. Has anyone tried it and does it work?

Re: Anyone tried Diclegis?

• Lurking from A15 .... I have been on it since my first trimester. I am one of the lucky ones who has suffered MS the entire pregnancy. For me it is a miracle drug. Without it I cannot keep anything down. With it, I only vomit a few times per week. The only side effect is drowsiness so I only take it at night. Good luck!
  • It helped my nausea first trimester too! Miracle drug!
  • Loading the player...
  • I use it and it works really good for me
  • insomniack17insomniack17 member
    edited March 2015
    It is grade A in FDA approval, which means it is the absolute most safest pill out there for pregnant woman and studies show it does not effect the baby at all. Yes, I did my research because I too am someone who does not like to take pills while pregnant unless it is a vitamin. It works great and definitely keeps the nausea at bay. I took it throughout my first trimester since that was where I was nauseas the most. I am barely in my second trimester and it seems the nausea has subsided and I am getting more headaches. But yes, I am a person. Who takes diclegis and I swear by it. Oh yeah, I agree with the above comment that a side effect it does have is drowsiness. I too only take it at night.
  • Unless for some reason your doctor told you not to take until 2nd Tri I can honestly say it's a miracle drug and if you've been sick take it! ! It brought me back to life after 4weeks of sickness. I take it every night about an hour before I'm ready to fall asleep.
  • I love this pill been taking it since the first month. Basically it's just 2 diff b vitamins but can't remember the numbers. Morning sickness is usually but not always worse the 1st trimester and some women don't have morning sickness for the second. I was unfortunately sick my first pregnancy for the 1st and middle way of the second. With diclegis been a little nauseous but not near as bad as the 1st pregnancy.
  • I have been on it since 7wks, it is the only thing that has helped with ms and As a bonus helps me sleep through the night. I may try to wean myself off after 13wks, but doc ensured me it is more than safe. Hope it works
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"