Trying to Get Pregnant

How long after Implantation cramps should you test?

I know this question has been asked ad naseum about when to test but I want to know how long after you feel implantation cramps could you POAS with a +itive? Any of you have personal experience with this? I am 10 DPO and have been having light cramping for about 24 hours. This is very abnormal for me. This whole 2WW is torture and I have a lot of respect for those of you that have been doing this for a while!

Re: How long after Implantation cramps should you test?

• I think the problem is that you can't "know" they are implantation cramps until you get a BFP. I had cramps a few days before AF arrived every cycle - those when I was not pregnant, and the 1 cycle I was. 

I'd wait until at least 12 DPO personally.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • About 3 weeks after implantation cramps, technically 19 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought you got implantation cramps about 8-10 DPO? Am I wrong?
  • imageRealt36:
    I thought you got implantation cramps about 8-10 DPO? Am I wrong?

Or AF cramps ::shrugs::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRealt36:
    I thought you got implantation cramps about 8-10 DPO? Am I wrong?

You won't know if they are implantation cramps until you get a BFP. Is it that hard to comprehend? I have cramping right now, but I'm not going to say it's implantation cramps because I don't even know if there's anything implanting in there.

BFP @9DPO 9/20/2011 BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry I didn't comprehend right away. I'm new, cut me a break!
  • imageyunk11:
    HPT accuracy DPO 10 dpo : 35% 11 dpo : 51% 12 dpo : 62% 13 dpo : 68% 14 dpo : 74% 15 dpo : 80% 16 dpo : 88% 17 dpo : 92% 18 dpo : 99%It's up to you. :) I would probably just test with FMU.  
    Thanks yunk! I appreciate that info :)
  • You should have tested the day before the cramps.

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• My best advice for making it through the 2WW is to not overthink things. The PP's are right....you won't know if you had implantation cramping until you have gotten a positive test and know that something actually implanted. At 10DPO you aren't very likely to get a BFP, so I would try to wait it out a few days.

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• imageRealt36:
    imageyunk11:
    HPT accuracy DPO 10 dpo : 35% 11 dpo : 51% 12 dpo : 62% 13 dpo : 68% 14 dpo : 74% 15 dpo : 80% 16 dpo : 88% 17 dpo : 92% 18 dpo : 99%It's up to you. :) I would probably just test with FMU.  
    Thanks yunk! I appreciate that info :)

No problem. It's in the newb link on the ttgp homepage. I always think about those numbers when I test, but I always test early!  

View Full Size ImageView Full Size Image
  • imageGermanGirl2007:

My best advice for making it through the 2WW is to not overthink things. The PP's are right....you won't know if you had implantation cramping until you have gotten a positive test and know that something actually implanted. At 10DPO you aren't very likely to get a BFP, so I would try to wait it out a few days.

This! 
  • Also, are you certain when you O'd? The one month I was certain was implantation cramping (at what i thought was 8 dpo) was actually my body Oing and FF had my original O day incorrect.
  • imageJBM1204:
    Also, are you certain when you O'd? The one month I was certain was implantation cramping (at what i thought was 8 dpo) was actually my body Oing and FF had my original O day incorrect.
    I hope my body didn't trick me. I used an OPK and got a positive and I'm calculating O from the day after that. FF has not given me any info I think because my temps are so erratic. I'm new to charting so I'm still learning.
  • I hope your body didn't trick you either, but last month I got a positive on CD 17 so when I had really bad cramping on CD 27 I thought, yay, implantation! But, it turns out that the positive OPK must have been a false surge, b/c that CD 27 pain was the O. That's why I like charting my temps in FF, it gives confirmation of O with the temp rise, and OPK can not confirm ovulation.
  • There's no way to know if you're cramping from implantation or something else.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Falling in Love!  November 2014
  • peggels24 said:
    I'm still trying to figure out what a "+itive" is - is that plusitive?
    That's how I read it.  I'm hoping for my BFPlusitive, too.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • I got my BFP 11 DPO (before I even had implantation cramps), but I have a friend who didn't test positive until about 28 days DPO and another at 8 DPO. So it really depends. Just keep a supply of cheaper pregnancy tests on hand. 
  • Complete and unnecessary rudeness to this woman. I know it is old, but it is threads like these that make people NOT want to sign up for the site.  Not to mention how horrible those comments can make people feel.  
  • Complete and unnecessary rudeness to this woman. I know it is old, but it is threads like these that make people NOT want to sign up for the site.  Not to mention how horrible those comments can make people feel.  

People should feel embarrassed when they go into their TTC journey with zero knowledge of their body.

Btw, no one was rude in this post.
  • Realt36 said:

imageJBM1204:
    Also, are you certain when you O'd? The one month I was certain was implantation cramping (at what i thought was 8 dpo) was actually my body Oing and FF had my original O day incorrect.
    I hope my body didn't trick me. I used an OPK and got a positive and I'm calculating O from the day after that. FF has not given me any info I think because my temps are so erratic. I'm new to charting so I'm still learning.

That's not how OPKs work.
  • I got my BFP 11 DPO (before I even had implantation cramps), but I have a friend who didn't test positive until about 28 days DPO and another at 8 DPO. So it really depends. Just keep a supply of cheaper pregnancy tests on hand. 

No. No. NOOOOOO.
  • Oh man - zombie thread. I was duped!

You seriously bumped a 3.5 year old post to chastise people?

Zombies make me feel horrible.

• You seriously don't have to be such a downer. 
  • This thread has been closed to new posts as a result of the shift in topic. To find threads regarding (this topic), we encourage you to use the search function to post to an active thread or start a new discussion.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"