1st Trimester
Options

First Appointment and Spotting

Did anyone have any brown spotting and mild cramping the day after their pap. I'm curious. I've been experiencing some mild discomfort. I called my doc and left a message at the nurses station but was curious about everyone else. Lots of baby dust to everyone!!!!!

Re: First Appointment and Spotting

• Options
    I have been experiencing mild cramps since I found out I was pg.  I also had some light brown spotting after pap, from everything I hear it's perfectly normal.  Baby dust to you.
  • Options
    Thanks! First pregnancy so everything scares me. I try to remain calm and just pray that everything goes smoothly. Im just so amazed at the changes my body and emotions are going through.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's generally normal to have spotting after a pap. According to my doc, the cervix can get irritated easily during pregnancy and the irritation might cause some light spotting after pap smears and also internal ultrasounds. Just keep an eye on it and contact your OB if cramping gets worse or if you get heavier bleeding.
  • Options
    I did!  I havent had any spotting this whole time..except right after the pap..and until the end of the next day.  The nurses and dr told me it was due to that and not to worry..and it went away!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm surprised your Doctor didn't warn you, mind did. She specifically told me not to be worried if I spotted for a couple days after that it's extremely common after internal exams like that. They also told me to call if you have bleeding like AF and cramps.
  • Options
    I spotted for a day after my pap but my doctor warned me before I left the office that it would probably happen and was totally normal so I didn't worry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"