April 2015 Moms
Options

Weekly Nicholas update

i can't believe my little Nicholas is 3 weeks old already. As I write this we're doing our skin to skin "kangaroo time". It's so incredible to be able to hold him, though lately I've been super emotional. Not being able to hold your baby whenever you want is heartbreaking. The three hours a day I hold him are definitely not enough. Plus I've been reading the Internet, which is like asking for a punishment. It's all so damn negative.

Nicholas is up to 2lb 4oz. He was wearing clothes for a few days but they stopped because they thought he was burning too many calories trying to stay warm. But he looked adorable. Nothing major happened this week, which was great. He projectile pooped when I was changing his diaper which was disgusting and hilarious. All in all he's doing great.

I went back to work this week. I cried a lot, pumped a lot, worked very little. Everyone is so supportive but they can't even begin to imagine what I'm going through, and I don't expect them to. I don't wish this on my worst enemy, but if anyone here becomes a NICU parent, please contact me. You're going to need the support more than you know. There's good moments and bad ones, and I mean it changes in seconds. I'll be in the car singing and normal and then bam, it hits me and I'm wrecked with tears.

As always, thanks for your love and support. I just adore you all.

Re: Weekly Nicholas update

• Options
    You have such a positive attitude. Thanks for sharing this update. ❤️
  • Options
    So glad to hear he's continuing to get stronger. You're doing great in what is undoubtedly one of the most difficult situations. Thinking of you both!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness mama sending you and your LO sooo many prayers. You are so strong! <3
  • Options
    You are doing such an amazing job! Keep up the good work little Nicholas!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. Sending lots of hugs your way.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update on Nicolas! Glad to hear he's doing well. You are so strong mama! Nicholas will continue to be in my prayers. Big hugs!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear he's doing well. I hope you get to take him home soon.
  • Options
    Stay strong and glad to hear baby Nicholas is doing good!
  • Options
    I'm so happy you and Nicholas are doing well. You are an amazing person and Mom. My thoughts are still with you guys
  • Options
    You are so strong mama! Hugs to you and baby boy! He's a tough little guy♡
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear baby boy is doing well. He's lucky to have a mama as brave as you. Hang in there and be patient with yourself - if you're feeling emotional, it's totally understandable!
  • Options
    I am happy to hear of Nicholas doing so well! Thanks for the update. I will continue to say prayers for you and your family!
  • Options

You're little man is doing amazing! And he will continue to improve and get stronger, bigger, and soon you'll be able to hold him all day everyday. And the fact that you are pumping is even more amazing. Even if your supply sucks, keep doing it!
  • Options
    I'm so glad to hear that you and Nicholas are thriving. You are both so strong! Many thoughts and prayers to you guys.
  • Options
    Thank you for continuing to share your story and keep us updated. Nicholas is a lucky little boy to have you as his mom.
  • Options
    Thanks for the update. Glad he is doing well. Stay strong Mama

*** BFPs and Loss Mentioned ***

TTC since 08/2012

BFP 12/28/12-- EDD 9/19/13-- M/C (d&c) on 1/31/13

7/15/14 -- IVF #1

ER on 7/26/14 -- 15 R, 8F

ET on 7/31/14 -- 1 transferred (4aa); 4 frosties!!!

BFP 8/5/14-- EDD 4/18/15

Beta #1 (14dpo):  223, Beta #2 (17dpo): 898

First u/s -- 8/28/14= 1 beautiful baby with a hb of 131

10/25/14- It's a GIRL!

11/24/14- DX with Complete Placenta Previa (Stage IV)

1/12/15- Placenta Previa has moved to Marginal!! (Stage II)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm glad Nicholas is doing so well! You are a fantastic mama. <3
  • Options
    Glad things are going better! Hang in there mama and please keep us updated. Xoxo
  • Options
    Glad things are going better! You are an amazing momma! Bless you, your family, and that sweet little Nicholas!
  • Options
    Prayers he keeps doing well!! You are strong and doing great!! :)
  • Options
    You are such an incredible, strong mother! You and Nicholas are in my thoughts and prayers!
  • Options
    Wow what great progress. I can't imagine the difficulty you're going through. Fx for continued improvement for your sweet baby boy.
  • Options
    Very glad for a great update! You are a very strong person and a terrific mother! Hoping his stay in nicu is a short one and he gets to come home soon
  • Options
    Such good news! I am hoping you guys keep having in eventful weeks as that sweet baby bm gets stronger and stronger.
    Met 8/2004  -  Married 6/2008  -  DD1 1/2012
    Looking forward to 4/2015!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the update - love hearing about it! Praying for you guys...can't imagine what an emotional roller coaster that must be. Hugs!
  • Options
    Wishing you and baby the best!!! Stay strong, I hope you get all the support you need :)
  • Options
    Stay strong mama, so happy Nicholas is doing well. Thank you for keeping us updated. Your always in our thoughts.
  • Options
    Thank you for keeping us updated. I can't even begin to understand what you're going through, but I am praying for you and your family. I'm glad he's still doing well and hopefully soon you'll be able to hold him tons more!
  • Options
    thanks for the update, hope he gets strong and healthy really soon ......
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing this update. So many positive things are happening. I'm so happy Nicholas is growing bigger. I pray that he keeps growing, and that you can hold him more and more each day.
    I'm trying so hard not to be in the same situation as I sit in my hospital bed - but seeing your strength through this gives me hope that if it comes to it, maybe I could face this too.
    All the creepy internet ((hugs)).

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! Thanks for the update. Stay strong Mama and Nicholas!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! Prayers for you and Nicholas.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Praying for more good updates! I can't imagine being in your situation. Prayers for all of you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad he is progressing so well! Thinking of you mama. Sending you much nicu love.

Thank you for the updates!
  • Options
    You are such a wonderful mom! It is so great to hear how well he is doing.
  • Options
    Thinking of you guys. Big hugs, mama! Glad to hear he's doing so well!
  • Options
    So glad Nicolas is doing well! Stay strong mama! Your baby boy will come home soon! Continued T&P
  • Options
    Such a great update! So glad to hear that he is continuing to grow big and strong. Lots of love and support to your family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"