1st Trimester

1st Ultrasound Jitters

Re: 1st Ultrasound Jitters

• ...Seriously?
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go for my first OB appointment tomorrow! I will be 9 weeks tomorrow. So hopefully I can hear my little ones heart beat and schedule my first u/s soon!! So excited!
  • Loading the player...
  • JenaeGreenJenaeGreen member
    edited January 2015
    This will be my first altrasound with my second baby, but I'm only 16 weeks, and I was just wondering if I would be wrong if I didn't tell my Baby daddy if we having a girl or boy? The reason I ask is, because we had a discussion today about going to my first altrasound on Monday, but he says, "He will take me to my appointment, but won't come up to see the Doctor, because he doesn't like Doctors."  So when I go for my Appointment on Monday will I be wrong for not showing him the pictures, and telling him what we having?
  • This will be my first altrasound with my second baby, but I'm only 16 weeks, and I was just wondering if I would be wrong if I didn't tell my Baby daddy if we having a girl or boy? The reason I ask is, because we had a discussion today about going to my first altrasound on Monday, but he says, "He will take me to my appointment, but won't come up to see the Doctor, because he doesn't like Doctors."  So when I go for my Appointment on Monday will I be wrong for not showing him the pictures, and telling him what we having?
    Is this for real?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first u/s is Friday! Cautiously hopeful as my numbers have been GREAT so far =)
  • The best part is hearing that heartbeat and seeing it move on the monitor.  Just wait for your 20 week ultrasound, it gets even better!

I can do hard things
  • Mine is on May 14th. I hope I hear a heartbeat. As one ONE good strong heartbeat.
  • I am nervous also my only symptom is peeing every 15mins and I am nervous that I have not gotten morning sickness I am just worried I have several family and friends that miscarried last year
  • mine is Tuesday may 12! I'll be 7 weeks 4 days, so excited
  • I'm counting the second until mine - which is not for another 2 weeks!
  • I am nervous also my only symptom is peeing every 15mins and I am nervous that I have not gotten morning sickness I am just worried I have several family and friends that miscarried last year

The lack of morning sickness doesn't mean you'll miscarry. I myself haven't gotten anything more than queasy here and there, and everything is fine. Not all women get morning sickness. Count yourself as one of the lucky ones who don't have to go through that!
  • edited May 2015
    My first obgyn appointment is Thursday. I hope to get an ultra sound. I am sure they will give me one. I hope so. I am almost  8 weeks right now. I am pretty excited. I have only told a few people. 
  • I too was very nervous until my first u/s. I couldn't wait to hear a hb or see my LO for confirmation that everything was okay. Hearing the hb was the most amazing experience of my life. The anticipation can be stressful, but try to stay positive :-)
  • edited June 2015
    I definitely have the jitters too for my first U/S. This is my first pregnancy, and my first OB appt. will be on July 2nd. I was told the first part of the appointment would be an U/S...it's a tough wait. Even tougher than the "two-week wait" I'd say.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think I'm more nervous for this one than I was with my other kids. Maybe because now I know more people who have had losses or something, but I'm fearing the worst. Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

• My 1st ultrasound is today. Based on my LMP, I think I am around nine weeks pregnant. But my periods are wonky so I don't really trust that all that well. I've been waiting five weeks for my appointment and have been very nervous. Last time I wasn't this nervous but I also didn't have as long of a wait because I found out about my pregnancy later. I have also known a lot more people this time around who have had miscarriages lately. I also had a miscarriage myself before my successful pregnancy and all of the miscarriage talk has brought up a lot of memories. I just hope everything turns out okay in today's ultrasound and then I can breathe easy for a while.
  • This will be my first altrasound with my second baby, but I'm only 16 weeks, and I was just wondering if I would be wrong if I didn't tell my Baby daddy if we having a girl or boy? The reason I ask is, because we had a discussion today about going to my first altrasound on Monday, but he says, "He will take me to my appointment, but won't come up to see the Doctor, because he doesn't like Doctors."  So when I go for my Appointment on Monday will I be wrong for not showing him the pictures, and telling him what we having?
    Yes, it's kind of effed up. It's also messed up that he won't go to the doctor with you. Tell him to put on his big boy undies. What is he planning to do when you give birth?

• These boards can sometimes cause a lot of unneeded stress. Seeing everyones stories about miscarriages can be disheartening for sure. 

My doctors office called yesterday, wanted me to do my 1st ultrasound this Friday but I switched it to the 29th. I figure it will allow the baby more time as well. 
  • Living on a military base. They want us to be seen around 10 weeks for our first OB appointment which sucks and worries me a lot to wait until 10 weeks, as I'm 7 now it's still frustrating! I'm thinking about seeing a off post doctor. 
  • I have my first apt July 20th & will be 7w6d. Do you think I will have an U/S that apt? They didn't explain over the phone when I made the apt the time frame/schedule ...just hoping for some indication that everything is going well.
  • edited July 2015
    @k&d3715 I just went for my first prenatal visit at 7 weeks... I did have an ultrasound which was the first portion of the appointment. They did transvaginal after trying on the belly. Also had urine sample taken, a weigh-in, pap, mammogram, and blood work. Good luck on your first appointment!! It's so exciting to see the flickering heartbeat for the first time.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @princesspriscilla thank you!! Sounds very detailed. Hoping for the same experience! So exciting!
  • I went for mine last week at 9 weeks! I was terrified! Fair warning, they look at everything else besides the baby too!! It took probably 10 minutes before she showed us the baby! So we were getting more and more anxious that it wouldn't be there, but sure enough, our sweet little peanut was in there just a wiggling around! All your anxiety goes away as soon as you see the little flicker in it's chest!! Good luck ladies!!
  • Hi Everyone!
    It's my first time posting or using this app (which I've come to love). My first appointment is next Saturday, in which I will be roughly 9weeks and 6days... My doctor said they preferred me to come in during this time but I'm a nervous wreck! It's hard to wait and reading about the alarming rate of miscarriages has me a bit on edge. I'm praying baby is healthy and has a strong heartbeat!
  • Yep! Mine is Friday and I worry that something will be wrong.
  • tan&webtan&web member
    edited October 2015
    I had an ultra sound today along with my first appointment because they believed I was 6 weeks along.  Turns out I am not that far along at all, only 4 weeks or so.  There was no heartbeat, and they measured the size of the sac.  I have another scheduled in 2 weeks. I am very nervous that they won't find anything at all.  The ultrasound technician did advise me not to worry since it is so early in the pregnancy and that the heartbeat should be there next time.

• imageO
    h come on man! I am trying to eat here!!

cat fail animated GIF

• @runningmama22 how do you get your hcg levels checked before a prenatal appointment? I have mine on December 2 and was wondering if you do this before then or is that done at that appt? This is my first pregnancy so I'm a little new on the protocol. Thanks so much!
  • I had my first ultrasound at 5weeks 2days. The doctor puts me around 6weeks.
    They were checking for mutilples as my hcg levels were really high. There's only 1 baby. I didn't get to hear a heart beat, but I wasn't even expecting and ultrasound. Since i was admitted for extreme vomitting. They checked everything in the emergency room.
    My family doctors appointment is in 2 more days, and I doubt I'll have another ultrasound until I'm around 10-12 weeks
  • I'm so nervous it's all I think about. I'm 6 weeks 1 day - my ultrasound is in 2 weeks on the first day of week 8 so I'm hoping that's far enough along to hear the heartbeat. I had an extremely painful loss a few months ago that was the worst experience of my life so I'm very anxious that everything is ok. I can't wait to see my little one :)
  • WildFan16WildFan16 member
    edited February 2016
  • I had my 1st appointment around 4 weeks after I tested positive on 3 home pregnancy test. I was only able to see that sack and the doctor said everything was fine. I haven't had any spotting or sharp pains. Now I'm 6 weeks and have a OBGYN appt when I'm exactly 7 weeks. I'm so nervous! I keep reading stories of miscarriage and I'm trying to stay positive. Since this is my pregnancy, I'm a little on edge. 
    Alonda 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @AlondaT2 I feel your anxiety but the only thing you can do now is try to relax and wait. I have my first appointment next week with an ultrasound and I'm so nervous. I had a pretty bad fall early, so I just can't wait until that ultrasound.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have my first for this pregnancy on tomorrow. I'm incredibly nervous because I have an extreme anxiety disorder and I'm just terrified there won't be a heart beat. I will find out tomorrow though! Very nervous! 

• Based on my last period date, I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I don't have my first appointment until April 8. I'm really nervous. I don't know how I'm going to wait that long.
  • ****loss mentioned***

Mine is next Wednesday, April 6th. I'm nervous! I've had 2 miscarriages but I'm hopeful this time. Everything is so different. My HCG and progesterone have increased/held steady unlike before. I just feel different about it. I'm crossing everything for everybody, y'all!
    ***Loss mentioned***
    Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married: 12-15-2012
    TTC: January 2014
    IUI 12-11-2014 ... BFP: 12-24-2014 MMC: 2-17-2015 @ 12 weeks
    IUI 6-1-2015 ... BFP: 6-16-2015 MC: 7-19-2015 @ 9 weeks 2 days
    IUI 3-4-2016 ... BFP: 3-20-2016 MC: 5-2-2016 @ 10 weeks 3 days