August 2015 Moms

D and c possible biopsy

I am currently at the doctors office,she didn't give me any explanation ,they just want me to sign this paper

Re: D and c possible biopsy

• You may want to ask someone at the doctor's office.
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Please tell someone at the office that you do not understand what is happening and that you need someone to explain what is going on.  I'm so sorry you are confused, good luck.
    TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes I have to do the procedure and I been going to the doctor for the past two weeks and they didn't tell me anything and now they give me the paper to sign
  • aglahey said:
    Yes I have to do the procedure and I been going to the doctor for the past two weeks and they didn't tell me anything and now they give me the paper to sign
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this. You need to ask your doctor if you're not sure about the procedure if he/she didn't explain anything to you.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• So sorry for your loss :( but like other ladies said ask the office for an explanation
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well I didn't need it ,I have a healthy heartbeat and it's good pregnancy .This doctor does not explain everything
  • BethKate2 said:
    Well I didn't need it ,I have a healthy heartbeat and it's good pregnancy .This doctor does not explain everything
    I'm confused about why they'd give you that paper prior to an ultrasound. Also, if your doctor doesn't explain things, it's your job to ask. If you keep being left in the dark, you might want to find a new doctor. I'm glad things look good.
    This. You're obviously worried enough to think D&C and then post on the board. If you're not comfortable with the doctor, find a new one. But definitely don't blindly assume without asking about your treatment. 

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• They asked me to sign it and weren't even telling me anything until I said no I want an explanation and then the doctor said going to check to make sure ,she had me do a Pap smear ,I don't know anything about pregnancy ,never been
  • I ask questions and I barely get an answer
  • Me too ,I was told they were going to perform it and needed to sign the paper ,I refused and she looked again n said I am fine
  • aglahey said:
    Me too ,I was told they were going to perform it and needed to sign the paper ,I refused and she looked again n said I am fine

WTF? That honestly doesn't make sense.

Also, you said they did a pap. That's normal at a first appointment, but did they also do an ultrasound? This whole thread has me confused.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Da fuq???

A licensed professional doctor isn't going to preform a D&C with there being chances of you still being pregnant with a healthy baby. I call MUD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
  • So did not happen. MUD.
  • If this is made up , as a loss mom this makes me disgusted. :/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MUD or just really dense.  Her 3 discussions have been "Help", "I really dislike being pregnant ,didn't plan it and used plan b" and this.  No replies on anyone elses posts.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • I am confused. And if this is MUD it's really insensitive. Or it's a huge language issue.

If you were having a D&C, wouldn't you have someone with you? I mean, they don't just let you walk out of there by yourself after surgery, whether it's under sedation or general anesthesia. Also, every procedure I've had my doctor answers all of my questions and there's tons of thing I need to read and sign. And they give you time to read it. None of this makes sense.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am not making this up ,I am not trying to hurt someone's feelings ,I am 21 years old I was never raised with my mother so all this is new to me and my bf well he doesn't have a clue either .I wish I had took a picture of the paper ,I just refused to sign it and they told me the doctor would see me and checked for the baby .They vaginally inserted the ultra sound to see and she told me I am fine ,baby's fine .Why would I make this up to just to be hurtful .What is MUD?
    When I first went to the doctor ,she alarmed me and had me come 3 times in a week span ,I didn't have my period since October 20 and the baby seem small and when we checked today I am 6 weeks .
    At first she didn't even find a heartbeat or the size of the baby ,I took 3 blood and pee test and all they told me was "we know your pregnant but need more evaluation" and today I went in thinking I would get results ,they gave me a c and d consent paper .I read it and was a bit confused and called my aunt and she told me don't sign until you get an explanation .I waited until the assistant doctor saw me
  • thesportsgalthesportsgal member
    edited December 2014
    Ktrue85 said:
    You need to see a new doctor, like, now.
    This.  OP, run - do not walk - to a new doctor. 

And yeah, your story still doesn't add up.

• So is the doctor and they told me disregard that and forgot that it happened but I can't .I didn't get a period for November or December and I am only 6 weeks .Honestly I am not going to get mad at some of the insulting things people said about me ,I am just clearly looking for answer .My doctor who is the assistant doctor doesn't say much ,I ask her questions and all she said when I know more I will let u know .I really don't mean any harm ,just trying to understand pregnancy itself .When I asked about the C and D process ,I understood it was for miscarriage but my whole concern my doctor never said the baby had a problem or anything ,All I got was do this blood and pee test ,Pap smear and three ultrasounds .I told her that my symptoms come and go or I have cramps worst than my period all she said was "take a hot bath , use heating pads, and extra strength tylenols,all the should help ,it's normal " .
  • Thank you :) ,May God bless you with all your heart desires.
  • Ultrasound
  • My lmp was Oct 21, but I am just 9 weeks, if she ovulated later she could be less than 10 weeks. However, I agree that if your doctor is not adequately adressing your questions and concerns you should find a new doctor.
  • Holy fuck this isn't actually MUD???

Please seek a second opinion immediately.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • I think you need a new doctor, and it might not be a bad idea to bring your aunt or someone to appointments with you if you're not understanding how this all works.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• @aglahey, I'm going to say this gently because I know pregnancy can be scary and overwhelming. And it sounds like you aren't entirely sure what's going on because your doctor isn't taking the time to explain it to you.

I would start by taking some time to sit down and read about pregnancy and what to expect during your pregnancy.

These are good places to start, but there are lots of good sites out there:

https://www.babycenter.com/

https://www.whattoexpect.com/what-to-expect/landing-page.aspx

And you need to find a GOOD OB. You should have a doctor who spends time with you, explains what is going on now, and talks to you about what to expect throughout. The person you are seeing right now is NOT that person.

If you can't advocate for yourself, take someone with you to your appointments who can advocate for you.

Lastly, it's highly unethical that your doctor was encouraging a D&C and pushing paperwork on you prior to ensuring you didn't have a viable pregnancy. I would consider determining if his or her treatment of you was unethical under the AMA Code of Ethics.

https://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/medical-ethics/code-medical-ethics/frequently-asked-questions.page?
  • 1) This has been said a ton already but GET A NEW DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Go to the library and read some books on pregnancy. I have not read your previous posts PP's have referenced but you seem VERY naïve for a 21 year old woman. You are pregnant. It is your job to learn what is happening with your body and be your own advocate. If for some reason you are not capable, you need to find a responsible adult to accompany you to all these appointments.

3) If this is MUD-- I just can't with this... There's women here that have suffered many losses. I don't expect you to know this because you have not contributed to the community. at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"