February 2014 Moms
Options

Apparently LO ate a metal screw

I'm freaking the F out. I was changing LO for bed and I noticed a shiny object in his poop. It's a little metal screw with a sharp end. I pulled it out and called the doctor. The nurse said as long as it's not accompanied by blood and LO is acting normal there is nothing to worry about. She said she had patients swallow safety pins and staples without a problem. She said to go to the ER right away if LO begins vomiting or has blood in his stool.
I feel like the worst mom ever because I have no idea when this happened or where the it came from. :(( :((

Re: Apparently LO ate a metal screw

• Options
    Oh no @TessyMessy‌! (((Hugs)))mama. This could have happened to any one of us, and you are absolutely not the worst mom ever. I'm hoping LO continues to act fine and there are no problems.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    ((Hugs))
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are not a terrible mom at all. I'm glad LO is ok, and will keep him in my him and you in my T&P's. I"m sure he'll be ok. (Hugs)
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    That could so easily have happened to any one of us. Do not beat yourself up!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Huge ((hugs)) to you mama. That must have been so scary for you, but it is one of those things that truly could happen to any of us. DD finds random stuff on the floor all the time (which makes my house sound really dirty, when really it's mostly just DS's stuff :) ) I'm glad LO is doing okay so far, but I will keep you guys in my T&P that he continues to be just fine!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Options
    Check battery doors of toys to see if any are mission a screw maybe?

You're not a bad mom. It could happen to anyone.

image image
  • Options
    So sorry hun. I am glad LO is ok though!
  • Options
    Lots of hugs to you!!
  • Options
    I feel like we should all get prizes for days our LOs don't eat something inappropriate. They are few and far between here. Hugs mama! Glad everything is ok!!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    I still can't believe this happened. I checked the battery doors on his toys last night but none are missing screws. I also checked cabinets, outlets and anything else I could think of that is low enough for LO to have access to. DH finally dragged me to bed. LO still seems to be doing ok but I'm not letting him out of my sight. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

• Options
    You may not find out where it happened. Have you been out and about? It could have been someone else's house, a shopping cart, a musuem floor... You know this, right?

Not your fault. You may not solve the mystery.

The reason I thought of toy screws is because a week or two ago I was picking up and dropped a small airplane toy. DS dove over and bumped me and his sister and when I looked down, he was pinning his hands over the watch batteries, battery cover, and tiny screw. When I dropped it the plastic craxked and the parts fell into her lap. Can you imagine if she ate those batteries?

But, not my fault. This isn't yours. You can watch them and be right there and not notice a tiny screw that went into his mouth. I mentioned the battery doors to prevent one from opening, not to send you on a housewide hunt.

image image
  • Options

You may not find out where it happened. Have you been out and about? It could have been someone else's house, a shopping cart, a musuem floor... You know this, right?

Not your fault. You may not solve the mystery.

The reason I thought of toy screws is because a week or two ago I was picking up and dropped a small airplane toy. DS dove over and bumped me and his sister and when I looked down, he was pinning his hands over the watch batteries, battery cover, and tiny screw. When I dropped it the plastic craxked and the parts fell into her lap. Can you imagine if she ate those batteries?

But, not my fault. This isn't yours. You can watch them and be right there and not notice a tiny screw that went into his mouth. I mentioned the battery doors to prevent one from opening, not to send you on a housewide hunt.

@RondackHiker‌ No I totally appreciate the suggestion! I noticed some of the battery doors were loose so I took the time to tighten them. I know we will probably never solve the mystery of the swallowed screw. I'm thankful that LO appears to be ok and that he didn't swallow a battery like you mentioned. That would be a really serious and scary situation!

• Options
    Glad LO is ok :)
  • Options
    I caught A almost putting one into her mouth just the other day when I was trying to hang pictures. You're not a bad mom at all. I swear A finds things on the ground that I would have never seen, especially the plastic tag holders for clothes! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"