November 2014 Moms
Options

N14 Twins Check In (11/18)

We did it ladies! With the addition of @MissMolly520's Austin and Anthony on Nov. 14, we all have outside babies!

Sorry for the delay in the update, DH went back to work (half days) on Monday and I had no idea how much that would affect me. Oh my gosh. All I want to do is sleep! When will the fog clear? Ugh! 

So how are we all adjusting? How are things going? Give us an update and feel free to AW those adorable baby photos!

N14 Twin Moms

@yess0311 - Welcome Erick and Arielle - born 9/17!

@amberej - Welcome Levi and Cora - born 10/05!

@KimmieS1756 - Welcome Grayson and Bodhi - born 10/7!

@lisalynnmama - Welcome Ella and Sadie - born 10/13!

@tiersa_smith - Welcome Lyric and Brooklyn - born 10/17!

@ktibbits1 - Welcome Miles and Sadie - born 10/22!

@Amandakea15 - Welcome William and Averie - born 10/22!

@Zamboni00-Welcome Garrett and Zoey - born 10/23!

@IntuitiveBlue - Welcome James and Elsa- born 10/26!

@morrkim - Welcome Levi and Evan - born 10/28! 

@erinwithtwins - Welcome Baby Boy A and Baby Boy B - born 10/28!

@missvolvo - Welcome John and George - born 10/28!

@Mrs430 - Welcome April and Breanna - born 11/2!

@CPM13 - Welcome Salvatore and Josephine born 11/3!

@absolutelymaybe - Welcome Ari and Willa born 11/7!

@MsMolly520 - Welcome Austin and Anthony - born 11/14

As always, please let me know if you want to be added to this list or your information is incorrect.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
TTC since 2011
Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: N14 Twins Check In (11/18)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @MrsC430 - Damn those A names! 

I'm sorry to hear you're going to have to have a blood transfusion. That's rough. I hope everything goes well and it isn't that bad. 

The girls are totally coordinating, they don't need to match! Thankfully I think people have low expectations about matching when you have BG twins, no one has criticized me for not matching. Not that I really can since Willa is in preemie sizes and Ari is in newborns (barely). I kind of wish they would match occasionally, but as you said, that's not a twin mom priority. 

As for fitting into your jeans... I HATE YOU! Kidding! Congratulations! I've actually done really well dropping the weight and I think I look pretty thin again (but maybe I just feel that way because anything smaller than twin pregnancy size is an improvement), but I gained a bunch of weight in my thighs and ass early on in my pregnancy and I have a feeling that's going to take a lot more than time to take off. So, yeah, pre- pregnancy jeans don't want to fit over my thighs. 

And now my son is raging to be fed...

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

• Options
    ktibbits1ktibbits1 member
    edited November 2014
    Omg @absolutelymaybe‌ they are so cute! And @MrsC430‌ your girls are just precious!
    It is definitely hard doing everything on your own. My husband had an overnight trip for work yesterday and I don't know why I didn't try to hire some help for the night. Both of my babies tend to cluster feed at night and it is overwhelming. There was a point last night when all three of us were crying...
    I'm also having a hard time because I had planned on breastfeeding and that isn't working out. I have been pumping and was happy that I was producing a surplus but over the weekend my supply has decreased to the point where I think I'm going to have to use formula. I know there's nothing wrong with that, but it's just not what I wanted so I guess with the hormones that has me a bit upset.

Love seeing everyone's babies, good work mamas!
  • Options
    MrsC430MrsC430 member
    edited November 2014
    @absolutelymaybe‌ Thank you! LOL about the jeans. Mine may "fit", but not attractively! Serious muffin top. I'm going with "if it zips, it fits" on that one ;)

@ktibbits1‌ FWIW, I give you (and any of the other twin moms) tons of credit for BFing / trying to BF. You ladies are rock stars. I was too overwhelmed by the idea of BFing / pumping for 2 to even try.

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • Options
    @ktibbits1‌ - I think the fact you've made BFing work this long is pretty awesome! I couldn't even get it started. Try not to beat yourself up to bad over the formula. You do what's right for your babies!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    image image

image image image image 

• Options
    @ktibbits1‌ - and adorable pics!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    image image

image image image image 

• Options
    We are doing pretty good. Evan passed his birth weight last week and Levi is finally making good progress. We are not there yet, but he gained 5 oz since Friday.

We have to take the sweat test again at 4 months since they didn't sweat enough. They did pass the second thyroid test this time. With all these tests coming out with the same results and them having the same blood type, we think they are identcal.

It hasn't been as bad as I thought doing bedtime with all 3 by myself. The hardest thing is when both boys want to be fed at the same time and when Alexis wants to be held at the same time (usually when she's sleepy). She is doing a lot better and has been less clingy.

Does anyone have issues telling their twins apart? What differences do you notice? Right now I go by the a m ount of hair, but that won't last forever. Dh notices a difference in the shape of their faces, but I can't see it.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    erinwithtwinserinwithtwins member
    edited November 2014
    Hi ladies!

Can't believe the babies were three weeks today. I was a hormonal mess at the mere idea of DH going back to work. Cried the whole week when he was at home at the mere idea of it. I have no idea how you are managing alone! We hired help while he's gone and it can still be a lot.

I have one gremlin myself but it's during the witching hour. I've learned to stay on a schedule and up their food. Swaddling has really helped but the thing that has worked the best when they seem hungry and won't eat is the dreaded pacifier. UGH. I hated the idea of it but both my night nurse and pediatrician said it was what we should try if they are constantly acting hungry but not. It's apparently really comforting for them. It's really working. We won't do it for long (I hope). But it keeps them happy so I need to get over hating them. Anyone else using them?? I see it in your photo @absolutelymaybe‌ babies are adorable btw

I am pumping into bottles so we can keep track of exactly which baby is getting what. One is super slow eater while the other is a piggy. It's really hard to stay on schedule and overwhelming. I'll do it as long as I can though.

• Options
    @erinwithtwins‌ Unfortunately my two started liking the pacifier over the past two days. Before we were just using it for diaper changes but now they want it at other times and I hate it. So annoying when you have to keep popping it back in every two minutes! Hopefully we won't use them long either
  • Options
    @morrkim‌ Our girls are fraternal & seriously don't even look related (at this point anyway) lol. So no issues here, but I was nervous about that during pregnancy. I bet as your boys get older and start looking less "newborn", it'll get easier!

@erinwithtwins‌ +1 to using pacifiers. They seem to soothe our girls, and they've been saving my sanity. One of our girls will only take a specific kind though (think it's Nuk?), so there's usually a frantic "Nuk paci search" going on here!

• Options
    Hey, ladies! 

We, too, have a little gremlin. (Although we call her the diva). Joesphine only wants to fall asleep being held. Yeah... that's easy, right? Luckily Salvatore is pretty chill. And big sister is adjusting pretty well. It was rocky there for a bit. 

Having a tough time with the feedings although I did manage to tandem nurse a couple times yesterday. One time went well. Once was less successful. We're still supplementing both babies with formula and may always do that. I had a goal to EBF them, and I haven't given up yet, but am starting to realize it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. 

They are decent sleepers (or else I was just such a bad pregnant sleeper myself that this seems normal?) They usually manage one 4 hour stretch at night which is amazing. Otherwise they are up every 2-3 hours... but we're making it work.

Husband went back to work part time this week. We miss him but have lots of help. But I wish we could get the help to go do his job and he could stay home with us. ;)

We're also using pacifiers- I feel like they've been a godsend. Salvatore is totally hooked. Josephine isn't as into them but they do sometimes help.

What I really need is to grow one more boob and two more hands. Anyone else?

Congratulations to everyone! 
  • Options
    @erinwithtwins - my little guys are 3 weeks too and we are using pacifiers.  They love to suck on something.  Both my husband and I were thumb suckers so I am not surprised they love the pacifiers.  

@ktibbits1  I totally feel you on the breastfeeding/pumping thing!  John started off breastfeeding great, but then when he was hospitalized for 8 days we had to do bottles so I was pumping and exclusively breastfeeding George.  Then I was having trouble keeping up with the pumping and found it really upsetting!  I had a lactation consultant come to the house and with a nipple shield could get John back on the breast.  I also had both boys' tongues clipped as that was impacting them as well.  So now both boys are on the breast, but now I am having an oversupply problem because of all the pumping I was doing for the last 2 weeks.  Seriously, I can't win :)  But I'm happy they have had almost all breastmilk from birth.  It's really hard and stressful, but you've done great so far!!

We are glad to no longer be in the hospital with John and settling back in at home.  Someone's crying!  More later!
    Me: 33, DH: 33
    Married since 2007

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MrsC430MrsC430 member
    edited November 2014
    @tiersa_smith‌ Your girls are beautiful! :) We have some seriously cute twins in this group.

My 12 week FMLA puts me to go back on January 5th. Feels so soon & I'm dreading it! I knew this would happen, but I feel "jipped" out of time w/ the girls because I had to start leave early @ 33 weeks (delivered @ 37). Hoping I'll win the lottery between now & then ;) When do you go back? Are you going back full time?

• Options
    @MrsC430‌ my leave allows me to go back January 23 but in not getting my full salary In January so I'm thinking of going back before the holidays. Early I know. I wanna win the lotto too! Lol.
    Anniversary

image  image  

• Options
    morrkimmorrkim member
    edited November 2014
    @MrsC430‌ I'm going back in January. I was planning on going back before Christmas break, because I ran out of sick leave while I was working part time, but they decided to stay in longer than expected and I don't see the dr. till the week before break.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    @zamboni00 - Your twins are so adorable! Love it! @tiersa_smith - I am out until the end of January (12 weeks of maternity leave started one week before I delivered). That was pretty much the only thing that got me through those final few weeks of work, knowing I would want the time afterward). I only have short-term disability for 8 weeks and it maxes out at $250 per week (which is nowhere near what I make) and then three weeks of vacation, but we're making it work. DH has been putting money away for the past nine months. It really sucks especially around Christmas.

image image
    TTC since 2011
    image image

image image image image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"