Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

~Waiting to Do Something~

Didn't see this posted yet!

The Waiting to do Something thread is posted once a week (usually on Mondays) for those of us that experience long, extended cycles.  Some of us are going through medicated cycles, some of us are going through testing, and some of us are just waiting...to do something!  Anything!

1. Cycle/month: 
2. CD: 
3. Medicated? 
4. What are you doing this cycle?
5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?!
6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it?
Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
“I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson

Re: ~Waiting to Do Something~

• Options
    1. Cycle/month: 4/7
    2. CD: 3
    3. Medicated? Not atm
    4. What are you doing this cycle? Crossing my fingers my body isn't going to be an asshole and actually ovulates normally, so I don't have to take Provera again.
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! ACTUALLY FINALLY STARTED A NEW CYCLE, YAAAAAAAY!  On one hand, I am psyched to try again -- on the other, holy cramps, Batman.  OUCH.
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I love giving gifts.  One of my favorite gifts was to my SIL this year.  She really wanted to go to a convention over New Year's, but didn't have the money to pay for registration.  Her BFF and I split the cost of a VIP pass and emailed it to her on the sly on her birthday.  Her reaction was priceless!
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

“I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • Options
    cateyes543cateyes543 member
    edited November 2014
    I have decided that this is a better place for me to post instead of the normal daily threads as I have no idea what my cycles are doing! 

1. Cycle/month: 12/10 

2. CD: 59 

3. Medicated? starting Provera tomorrow 

4. What are you doing this cycle? Just waiting and wishing this cycle would be over. What are the odds that my last cycle before testing would be the worst and longest cycle ever! 

5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! My chart has been crazy! I keep thinking that I may have a O'd and then falls back and nope! I'm just waiting for this last potential O day and will test tomorrow before starting provera. I hate that my body seems to hate me! 

6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts? What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I wouldn't say that I enjoy giving gifts only for the fact that I'm always stressed out about what if I'm giving something that someone doesn't like. The most memorable gift I've given was probably the photos I gave my mom and dad each for my wedding day. Each parent got a frame and on one side was a picture of me as a baby with them and on the other side was a picture of me for my wedding day with them. :)

ETA:Forgot to add line breaks due to beingo on the Ipad
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ramaholic-so glad to see the never ending cycle has finally ended!!! Whoot for new cycles! Question for you-did your cycle start after you finished your Rx or before? I am just getting a feel for what people have experienced! 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    @cateyes543 Did you override an O date/coverline on your chart?  I'm not seeing an ovulation pattern on your chart yet.

• Options
    1. 8m pp
    3. breastfeeding
    4. What are you doing this cycle? reading about hormones. nothing mind blowing.
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! my body is wack. I've had 3 above 6 twice now, buuuuttt no O for me. Or maybe I did and I somehow magicked myself into a normal LP while BFing. I'm going to read up on OPKs + bfing and see what there is to see. FF took my dotted CHs away and now says i maybe Od between CD20-35. well that's helpful. 8-|
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts? What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? This is a tough one. I'm a practical gift giver so my gifts tend to fade into the woodwork after time passes. The only "gift" I can remember was a date night that I planned with my husband. We went to flying trapeze lessons, then out to dinner at this fun restaurant where you don't order anything they just bring you course after course (it's Italian). That was very memorable. He still brags about it.
  • Options
    @ramaholic-so glad to see the never ending cycle has finally ended!!! Whoot for new cycles! Question for you-did your cycle start after you finished your Rx or before? I am just getting a feel for what people have experienced! 
    @cateyes543 I started spotting 5 days after my last pill (took a 10-day set) and CD1 reared its head the next day.

• Options
    Um do I belong here instead of WTO? I am on cd36 with no O and I always have horribly irregular, excessive cycles.

Just wondering if this is where I go?
    *Aug '15 Siggy Challenge - Mean Girl*
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• Options
    Cool. Thanks @ramaholic ;)
    1. Cycle/month: 10 or 11 I think
    2. CD: 36
    3. Medicated? no
    4. What are you doing this cycle? Waiting. I do have a question. Does the 1 year mark begin from the day you start trying if you had a loss? Or does the one year mark begin with the month after my loss? Does that make sense?
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! my edd is coming up. I'm dreading it.
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? MH's dear grandma passed exactly 10 years ago on 11/11/13. I called his mom and got tons of pics and put them in an engraved photo album. He's a big, covered in tattoos, intimidating looking guy and he cried like a baby. So I know I did good :)
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• Options
    @ramaholic‌-yes I overrode it to the last O date that I suspected could potentially be An O date. I have since given up on it but forgot to go back and take out the manual override. FF had another date about 10 days earlier and wouldn't give it up and I just wanted to keep track of the pattern from the date I thought might be O. I am now pretty convinced that I didn't ovulate this cycle but am taking an HPT tomorrow just to be 100% sure!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    @GetzyStark Thanks!

@elizabetheleven I've heard it's one year from your last loss, but I haven't had a loss, so I'm not sure. :(  I think we talked about it in a thread awhile ago, so I'd try the search feature on the main page, just to see what you get.  It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor as well, though.

@cateyes543 I hate whacked cycles.  I was so sure I O'd at least twice in my last cycle...well, I was wrong. :(  Waited until about CD70ish before I actually went to a doc, though, just in case my body needed a few more days.  I think that worked for @3houlagirl, if I remember right, but it sure didn't for me. Hope your body gets its shit together!

@3houlagirl OMFG, I am so excited to be bleeding, despite how much I hate it.  Ow, cramps.  Can I just not have a period, but retain all the benefits of cycling?  kthx.  Also, I am so psyched you had a clear O last week!  Hopefully this is your body finally figuring it out and your cycles will get shorter! :D  Also, can I be your husband because damn that is awesome.

• Options
    @elizabetheleven‌-I believe the consensus of the thread referred to was one year from the date you started trying. At your initial appointment the doctor will ask you if you've had any pregnancies or losses and you could let them know then.
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    @physiomeg1623‌-that sounds like such a cool gift! On different note, I also hate hate hate OPKs! I only get positives sometimes and feel like I obsess over them!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    @bishopsrook Fuck that OB.  Get a new one.  She is trying to scare you into her idea of health because she doesn't want to deal with actual problems.  She is using your weight as an excuse to not treat you.  If being overweight was so critical, the obese* and morbidly obese* people in my life would not have regular periods (they do) and would never get pregnant (they have).  Don't waste any more of your money on that asshole.  Hugs and I hope you get a new OB that will address your concerns seriously.

*weight classifications from BMI

• Options
    @ramaholic Yay for the new cycle and I hope your body decides to O good this time!
    @cateyes543 Sorry your cycles are not cooperating
    @lazyreader Flying trapeze lessons??! thats amazing!
    @threetaboos I want to surpise H with a getaway, where did you go?
    @elizabetheleven Thanks for asking that question, I have wondered too.
    @britterrss I totally get your frustration. Sorry :(
    @3houlagirl Yay for O :)
    @physiomeg1623 I also HATE opk's. FX we can ovulate soon.

I feel like I don't belong anywhere, so I am coming back here. I thought I had O'd and started posting in TWW, then I realized I didn't, so I posted in WTO but because of my long cycles, I didn't want to post for a whole month in WTO. So I am back here for now. I missed you.
    1. Cycle/month: 4AL/11 months all together
    2. CD: 27
    3. Medicated? no
    4. What are you doing this cycle? waiting to ovulate.
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! Wishing I had short cycles. My sister in law and I were talking a few days ago and she told me that her cycles are 26-28 days. I was jealous but she said that I shouldn't be, that they are good for TTC because you have more opportunities, but sucky because you are always on your period. I would give being always on my period to have better chances at conceiving.
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I LOVE giving gifts. For my wedding, my parents did so much. We got them a thank you gift that was a framed poem with a picture of us. When they came to visit us, we bought them a stay at the hotel we got married at right on the beach. They were very excited, and it made us feel like we could give something back in exchange for our wedding.
    Aug15 Signature Challenge- Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV- Santana
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

Married my Best Friend 8/02/13
    DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Options
    Hugs @spiltmilkz.  I know the not-belonging-anywhere and wtf-body-get-your-shit-together and please-just-let-me-ovulate-and-slash-or-bleed feels.  The first is why I decided to post here in tandem with the WTO threads.  I like participating in them, but I, also, don't want to just chill in them for 30+ days.

• Options

1. Cycle/month: N/A
    2. CD: 18
    3. Medicated? Nope
    4. What are you doing this cycle? Still just hanging around until we TTC #3 in January
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! Well NTTGPR, but it is freezing here! It is only November and I am already over the winter. Bring on the heat! The snow is pretty. We down usually get too much here in the city, a couple inches here and there, but we got 8 inches between Thursday and Friday.
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I do enjoy giving gifts. One year my DH and I took my mom to Disneyland for her Christmas gift, she loved it!
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    @spiltmilkz‌ I have played that game. This time I waited until I was SURE I O'd before moving to TWW; I bounced back and forth several times last cycle.
    @physiomeg1623‌ I did opks for 37 days this past cycle and HATED them; until I got a positive. Now I will gladly pee on things all month long, if it means I get to know in advance that I'm going to O. Commit to them for the whole cycle, then decide, is my opinion.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • Options
    @spiltmilkz‌-weird cycles that are also long is also a brings me here (as you saw)! Hopefully yours will level out and straighten themselves out!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    Hiiii friends!
    1. 3c/5m
    2. Cd 79
    3. No meds yet...
    4. Nothing anymore... I've pretty much given up this cycle I have no clue what's happening and I'm just waiting for a doc appoin
    5. Be prepared this is me rambling... I upgraded my phone and couldn't transfer my app info so I have to copy over my ff info and I'm not excited about that.
    I was temping then went away for a wknd and haven't stated back up even though I know I should I'm just lazy...
    I had a doc appoin scheduled for December 4 but switched docs and got a new one for next Tuesday (yes a whole week early:)
    anyone have experience they can tell me what to expect at the doc?! Like what's the provera (sp) I see u all mentioning?
    I know from blood work I have high testosterone so guess we'll try and figure out why that is... I've been on birth control for 7 years then came off in May so wondering if it's still from that, I know there's no point in guessing till the doc appoin but it's hard not to be thinking about it all day everyday:(
    6. I love to give gifts! If anyone's ever read the 5 love languages my language is gift giving! One year I gave the most amazing gifts to my husband and blew him away and we both say I will never top that:( but I will keep trying! My favoritest gift I was given? My big beautiful canon camera:)))

@ramaholic‌ yay for starting a new cycle!! So jealous:) never thought I'd wish for my period so bad!

Welcome to all our new friends posting here!
  • Options
    @ajoywilkey‌-provera is a medication that mimics the progesterone that you would have in the second half of your cycle. It basically tricks your body into thinking it ovulated and the end result hopefully is you getting your period. Is your doctor's appointment with an RE or with your regular doctor?
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    @spiltmilkz I completely understand. I would rather have my period more if it meant I had more chances. *hugs*

I'm happy I opened this thread. As @ramaholic said, posting in WTO constantly was becoming alittle much. Glad I'm around others in the same situation :)
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• Options
    @cateyes543‌ it's with a new obgyn I've never seen before. I've always just used my family doc for womanly things but when we got my blood work back she referred me to this practice.
  • Options
    ramaholic said:

Hugs @spiltmilkz.  I know the not-belonging-anywhere and wtf-body-get-your-shit-together and please-just-let-me-ovulate-and-slash-or-bleed feels.  The first is why I decided to post here in tandem with the WTO threads.  I like participating in them, but I, also, don't want to just chill in them for 30+ days.

new name for WtDS...
  • Options
    lazyreaderlazyreader member
    edited November 2014
    @lazyreader‌ Y U no have link for your chart in your siggy (unless I'm blind). I need to chart stalk an EBFer with no PPAF!

This link is for bunnnnnyyyyyyyy.

*these are my vag temps. For the whole enchilada ask and I'll change my start date back to July 30 ;)Jk I said fuckit and changed it anyways.
  • Options
    1. Cycle/month: 2/2

2. CD: 6
    3. Medicated? Nope

4. What are you doing this cycle?
    I'm 6 days post MVA after my mmc. Still trying to deal with the loss and my emotions. My OB says we are ok to try again after I've had a period.

5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?!
    I'm actually feeling lots of support and love from DH, family and friends.

6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts? What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it?
    I do enjoy giving gifts. I wish I was more creative and good at that sort of thing! I gave my stepdad a digital picture frame one year and uploaded tons of old pics of him and his dad, who had recently passed. He loved it!
    Me: 25 DH: 25, married 5/2013 
    TTC baby #1 since 9/2014 
    BFP #1 9/16/14, MMC 11/5/14 
    Dx Factor V Leiden 12/2014 
    BFP #2 1/16/15 Hoping this is our rainbow baby!
  • Options
    ((Hugs)) @rnchloe‌. Take care of yourself during this hard time!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    @cateyes543‌ @elizabetheleven‌ @ajoywilkey‌ @3houlagirl‌ @bishopsrook‌ @physiomeg1623‌ @pmcd886‌ @threetaboos‌ @kemcc13‌ @rnchloe‌ @heartbot‌ @primrosemama @greer825‌ @slh33‌ @Ashley8761‌ @OhHeyB‌ @Kellybenelly83‌

I think I got a bunch of us. 
    (i used everyone from this week and last week minus the three love-titters).... I don't know if any of the above got BFPs... I only saw one O (congrats again 3Houla!) and I was really torn on tagging because apparently I am superstitious as fuck.... but I also really want your thoughts on my above suggestion.
  • Options
    I think that looks great!
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    @lazyreader although I'm new to WTDS, I think its a wonderful idea! :)
    image    image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My 2 boys ages 8 & 10
    BFP#3 EDD 8/19/2015
    mc @ 7wks 4/2014

Me 31 H 33

• Options
    I wasnt tagged... but I like the idea
    Aug15 Signature Challenge- Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV- Santana
    beach

BabyFetus Ticker

Married my Best Friend 8/02/13
    DX Hypothyroidism 4/14
    BFP 6/23/14 MC 7/4/14
    BFP 12/9/14 EDD 8/18/15

• Options
    @lazyreader‌ love the new format! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in this board better:)
  • Options
    I like it!
    TTC#1 since October 2013
    M/C June 2014
    Monitored Cycle: October 2014
    Results: Everything Normal
    December 2014: Femara 5mg + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP
    12/01/2015 = HCG 39
  • Options
    @lazyreader-I think the new idea looks greta. I love the stats at a glance part!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    I love the new formate especially the question! 
    Baby Mama quotes

Married: 06/21/2014
    Fur Baby: Roy
    TTC since: February 2014

• Options
    I'm into it!
  • Options

1. Cycle/month: 6/7
    2. CD: 6
    3. Medicated? No
    4. What are you doing this cycle? Just went to the obgyn today to look into what could be causing some of the issues. Trouble getting pregnant runs in the family so we're trying to rule out all the possibilities. Hopefully month 7 works for us
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! Waiting for the TWW posses me off, It's hard not to be impatient
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts? What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I loooove giving gifts. Trying to think of a top notch idea for the hubby this year. Oh the choices!
  • Options
    @phillies05 Is there a reason you're going to your doctor after only 7 months? 

Also, if you are cycling normally (approximately each month), you might want to check out the Waiting to Ovulate (WTO) daily thread instead.  This thread is for women that have abnormally long cycles, are breastfeeding, are waiting to get cleared by their doctors to resume TTC, etc. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"