Babies on the Brain

Took my last BC pill yesterday!

DH and I plan to start TTC in April, so I'm going to start charting now.  Just thought I'd share - I'm excited!  One more step towards having a baby.  :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Took my last BC pill yesterday!

• Good luck! Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you sure you're going to be able to wait until April? I took my last pill on August 4 and our original intent was to start TTC in January . . . yeah I'm 11 weeks pregnant. LOL. We were so excited, we couldn't wait.
  • Haha sgrl...I would love to start TTC now, but DH is in school getting another degree, so we've decided April is the earliest we can start.  He wants to be done (or almost done) with school by the time I have the baby, so unfortunately I have to be patient.  :(

Congratulations on your impending bundle of joy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why did you stop taking the pills if you won't start TTC until April?
  • I suck at patience, hopefully you will be better! It will be good practice charting for you though!
  • LitlSara - I've been on BC for over 8 years, and everything I've read says that it will most likely be a few cycles before I have a "regular" cycle.  If I get pregnant earlier than April it's not a huge deal, but we're not going to start actively TTC until then.
  • imageLitlSara:
    Why did you stop taking the pills if you won't start TTC until April?

It is recommended to stop bcp a few months prior to TTC to allow the hormones to fully leave your system and to let you figure your cycle out.

image BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Gotcha. My dr. said that we could do that if we wanted, but didn't have to. My last pill will be in Feb and we will start trying. If it takes awhile, that's ok. I've been on over 8 years as well.
  • Best of luck!  Definitely a good idea to quit the BC early.  I know from experience that it can take awhile to get it all out of your system.
  • GL to you!
    border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • imageKrista6/18/05:
    GL LitlSara!

Thanks!! GL to you too:) 

• imagekdodge423:
    imagestacialynn:

imageLitlSara:

It is recommended to stop bcp a few months prior to TTC to allow the hormones to fully leave your system and to let you figure your cycle out.

Actually it's not necessary at all unless you want to give your cycles a chance to regulate. The hormones from the pills are out of your system the day after you take the last pill, hence why you have to take them daily.

ditto dodgey.

• imagekdodge423:
    imagestacialynn:

imageLitlSara:

Actually it's not necessary at all unless you want to give your cycles a chance to regulate. The hormones from the pills are out of your system the day after you take the last pill, hence why you have to take them daily.

ditto Kdodge.  As for taing a few months to regulate, that is not the case for everyone as well.  I have had regular cycles after stopping BCP after 13 years of use.  I thought it would take awhile to regulate but it was not the case for me.  You may regulate right away or you may not at all.  You can use charting to avoid then TTC.  I am using the info in TCOYF for both TTA and TTC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecharlie1995:
    imagekdodge423:
    imagestacialynn:

imageLitlSara:

ditto Kdodge.  As for taing a few months to regulate, that is not the case for everyone as well.  I have had regular cycles after stopping BCP after 13 years of use.  I thought it would take awhile to regulate but it was not the case for me.  You may regulate right away or you may not at all.  You can use charting to avoid then TTC.  I am using the info in TCOYF for both TTA and TTC.

I was inferring that it was "recommended" but not the end-all.  Kdodge, Thanks for clearing up the fact that the hormones leave your body right after you stop taking them. However, the effect the bcps have on the hypothalamus and pituitary gland lasts much longer than the actual hormones in the bcps themselves. So, the hypothal and pituitary gland are not regulating at "normal" hormonal release immediately. Hence, hormones are not regulated yet.

image BabyFruit Ticker}
  • imagekdodge423:

You said nothing about them regulating- you stated that it would take them months to be out of your system, which is not true.

You are right. I should have used my words differently. Regulation is what I *meant* but did not say. Smile That's what I get for typing too fast.

image BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Good Luck to you! This really is such an exciting time. :)

DH and I are planning to do the same thing shortly. I'll likely take my last in February, but we aren't planning to start trying un September. 

Looking forward to chatting with you as we all go through this amazing period in our lives! :)

• Wooo hooo!!! GL to you!
  • This may sound like a dumb and somewhat redundant question, but is it possible to get pregnant as quickly as a day after your last pill??
  • imageKrista6/18/05:
    DH and I plan to start TTC in April, so I'm going to start charting now.  Just thought I'd share - I'm excited!  One more step towards having a baby.  :)

Good luck! I got off in November so hopefully within the nest 2 months we'll be expecting! 

I enjoyed the feeling of freedom when I dropped the pill :-)

• Thanks ladies!  I appreciate the well wishes!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"