April 2014 Moms

Black Friday deals

SO and I usually go Black Friday shopping together and this year we are out to get towels, new bedding for our master, and a convertible car seat for baby girl. What is everyone else shopping for?

Re: Black Friday deals

• i want to see if i can get a double stroller and some stuff for DH, he wants the Rumba for the house but it is so expensive!!!

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Don't plan on going out Friday (or to radio shack that's opening thanksgiving morning!!! :(( ) but an keeping my eyes out for an awesome convertible car seat deal! Though that means I have to decide which one...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Convertible car seat here too. Hopefully online.
  • I usually avoid black Friday shopping like the plague, but this year I  might make an exception for 10% off Target gift cards since I shop at Target for diapers and formula for the twins. It adds up and 10% would make a nice dent.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• csmily51csmily51 member
    edited November 2014
    I work in retail, and typically our sales are better before BF and then sales in big box stores typically get better/ prices remain low.  Like TV's, usually start to go cheaper in January anyways, even the more expensive brands.  We want a new LG Smart TV or Samsung UHD TV.  There will be better sales on these after the 1st of the year, so that's our goal.  I shop for little things on BF, and map out which stores I will be going to.  So far, Walmart, Target, Costco and Carters are among the firsts. 

Edit: DH also wants a goPro really bad, so I'm hoping to find a steal on the Hero3 or Hero4.
  • I wouldn't mind finding a good deal on a Keurig. The only place I've seen them advertised so far is Kohl's. I'm already done shopping so I'll go out just to see what I come across, but nothing particular.
  • @Abcollins57‌ target has a deal on a Keurig and it comes with a gift card for Black Friday.

I will probably go to OshKosh and get clothes for DD. She is already in 9mo and some 12mo stuff. I feel like I'm buying clothes all day everyday.

Make sure y'all check in with Amazon for their lightening deals. A lot of deals lately have been convertible car seats.
  • Not a bf shopper but on the look out for when the iPhone 5s goes on sale. Also need an iPad, hopefully can get a deal this holiday season on one.
  • I love Black Friday - it's a thing my mom and sisters and I have done every year, and I get kinda sad on the years I can't go with my mom. That being said, I will not go out at midnight. My mom wanted to go one year just to see what it was like so I went along for fun, and NEVER. AGAIN.

We're looking for a convertible car seat, a car top carrier, and Christmas gifts/birthday gifts. I'm probably going to love Cyber Monday more than ever this year though!

• Shoot I just bought my jogger- I wonder if it would have been something that went on sale... Anyone know? I may return....

• Shoot I just bought my jogger- I wonder if it would have been something that went on sale... Anyone know? I may return....

• Sucks that we can't bring seats into Canada. The Britax Marathon is 400 here, 180 would be such a find...
  • Vinny424 said:

Target 10% off target gift cards Friday 6-12 in store and ONLINE

What is this??!? Sounds awesome. We buy all of our formula and diapers here. Do tell, please! (:

• Old Navy is running a Black Friday preview for their cardholders on 11/22. 50% off everything in store, excluding clearance.
  • Vinny424 said:

@Abcollins57‌ where did you find this info?

I saw them giving info at the store the other day (but I'm not a card member so I didn't get the details, just saw it was happening. )
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Walmart is going to have Child of Mine by carter's sleep and plays $4.5 . I'll be all over that lol
  • Can any of these Walmart deals be done online? Or in store only?
  • Abcollins57Abcollins57 member
    edited November 2014
    Vinny424 said:

@Abcollins57‌ where did you find this info?

My SIL is a cardholder and made sure I knew we had to go to Old Navy before we see Mockingjay next Saturday. She's usually pretty on her game about that kind of thing.
  • You should get an email:
  • Starting tomorrow 11/21 at 8am Walmart has the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe for $39. I know it's a little early for our LOs, but I thought someone said something about wanting one. I'm not sure if I will get it and put it away for DDs birthday or not. Anyone think this will be a better deal between now and April?

• csmily51 said:

Walmart is going to have Child of Mine by carter's sleep and plays $4.5 . I'll be all over that lol

I'm sad my LO guy is leaving the sleep n play sizes. Once they need the 12 month size everything has the gripper feet and the fabric doesn't seem as comfortable. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

We have the same problem. The ankle elastic is too tight for LOs cankles and the thighs/belly is less generous in addition to the fabric not being as soft. We're up to 18 mo in the snug n fit because it is just too snug, yet I have 9 mo stuff that still fits and it is all Carter's.
  • bacorrea said:

Starting tomorrow 11/21 at 8am Walmart has the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe for $39. I know it's a little early for our LOs, but I thought someone said something about wanting one. I'm not sure if I will get it and put it away for DDs birthday or not. Anyone think this will be a better deal between now and April?

Just the standard coupe or the truck as well?

• @snowbound‌ from what I can tell, just the standard coupe
  • DS1 got the truck for his 1st birthday and loved it. I don't know if the coupe has it, but the truck has a piece that you can put in so the hole in it is covered. We would put DS1 in it and push him all over the neighborhood. I think $39 is pretty good, might find it cheaper after Christmas but no guarantee.
  • Tferr02 said:

DS1 got the truck for his 1st birthday and loved it. I don't know if the coupe has it, but the truck has a piece that you can put in so the hole in it is covered. We would put DS1 in it and push him all over the neighborhood. I think $39 is pretty good, might find it cheaper after Christmas but no guarantee.

The item description of the coupe (it seems to specifically be the 30th anniversary edition on sale, but not positive) says that it can be parent-driven!

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • I got the coupe today, I think I'm just going to put it away for her birthday. Also the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Crawl Around Car was $39.88. This is such an awkward age, they are too small/young for all the super fun toys!
  • @snowbound‌ Amazon has The Little Tikes Cozy Truck as a lightening deal today at 2pm EST
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"