3rd Trimester

reallllly weird delivery at my doorstep...

so my doorbell rings and by the time I waddle down to it, there is no one there, but there is a box of Similac formula samples with a USPS label on it, and a return address. I was like, ok... who sent this to me? So I google the return address and its from the Creation Science Association... huh??? does this mean missionaries came and dropped this off at my door? And if so, how on EARTH did they know I was pregnant? weirrrrrd......
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: reallllly weird delivery at my doorstep...

• That is so strange! I would throw it out too, that's scary. If it makes you feel better, I had a ripped out bible page stuck under my windshield wiper at the train station a few weeks ago. And nobody else had one, just me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got some in the mail yesterday too....  I don't know if it has to do with our hospital though when I registered there, if they send something to Similac because, you do get a gift diaper bag with tons of great stuff at the hospital after you give birth and it is sponsored by Similac...
  • I got the exact same thing at my door.  I haven't gave it much thought on who it came from, I just assumed it was something I signed up for...not sure if I will keep it but it is strange!
  • ames71ames71 member
    That's bizarre. I would definitely get rid of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image**Octoberbride09**:
    I would throw it out STAT! You never know who might have screwed with it.

YES! YES! YES!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • I just got my Similac package in the mail.  It was delivered from the mail (USPS)  the return address on the label  is po box 29178 shawnee Mission, KS 66201.  

If yours is something different I would throw it out!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • I got a delivery with two small sample cans from Enfamil, but it was delivered through the regular post office and left in a lock box, not on our porch! 
  • I got a package from Similac with cans of formula, as did my sister. The girls on the July board got some last week as well. I didn't think it was anything sketchy but now you all have me worried. Stick out tongue

• imageMattingly23:
    so my doorbell rings and by the time I waddle down to it, there is no one there, but there is a box of Similac formula samples with a USPS label on it, and a return address. I was like, ok... who sent this to me? So I google the return address and its from the Creation Science Association... huh??? does this mean missionaries came and dropped this off at my door? And if so, how on EARTH did they know I was pregnant? weirrrrrd......

I just googled those people... they make me feel weird. It's normal to get samples and even cans, but that is very strange. 

• Yep, got it too. The 'reading material' in it said it was free samples from Similac, not sure how they got my info, sure it was from my registry or something like that. I was't too concerned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got nestle samples with a cute diaper bag, but that was something that I signed up for. With all the crazies in the world, that would be heading straight for a dumpster.

• imageCinnamonBun:

imageMattingly23:

I just googled those people... they make me feel weird. It's normal to get samples and even cans, but that is very strange. 

Yeah, this is extremely weird.

Are you affiliated with a evangelical or fundamentalist church? Maybe to forge the connection, but still weird.

When I was about 10 and my brothers were small we got a random case of the book "Dare to Discipline" books. Like 24 paperbacks, addressed to us. However, my parents at the time donated to Focus on the Family so figured there was a screw up somewhere.

• Getting the Similac from  .... well Similac themselves, not weird!

Getting the Similac from CSAMA, totally effing creepy!! I wouldn't throw it away, send it back .... I would think you can just take it back to USPS and say there must have been a mistake and you want the package returned to the sender. You should not have to pay for that.

• I got it too.  Last time I was pregnant I got mailed a lot of free samples too.
  • imageKAG30:
    I got it too.  Last time I was pregnant I got mailed a lot of free samples too.

But from a random Christian organization????

• I got some when I was preg with DD. It's just from being on some pregnancy mailing list. I also got a subscription of American Baby magazine shortly after that which I didn't sign up for, but I don't know if the two are related.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • If you have signed up for emails from places like BabyCenter.com or even the Bump, these places sell your info to the formula places and you get samples.  I have already gotten two large cans myself. 

Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • I have mostly good news. It's probably too late for the original posters here, but may be useful for people who've found this thread while searching for info, which is how I got here.

About a year ago I got a couple of large cans of Similac (and maybe a diaper?), which was obviously just a sample meant for new mothers. The mother had moved elsewhere before my family moved in, and I didn't have an address to forward the sample to. The cans were obviously factory sealed like you'd normally buy it, so I had absolutely no reason to be suspicious of anything strange happening. I didn't take note of the return address, but you'll see why it's pretty clear it was the one we're talking about.

So I kept the baby formula for myself, in case I could give it away. I hate to waste good stuff! In fact I ended up using it to supplement my own nutrition while being on a crash diet. (I know this part of the story's unusual, but that's beside the point!) I used it like creamer in my coffee, and it lasted two or three months. No problem! (My diet's been a huge success, btw.)

Now, last week (which is about a year after getting the package), I get this bubble-wrapped envelope in the mail that says "TIME SENSITIVE MATERIAL" on it, addressed the same person who was an occupant years ago. I had no idea what was inside, so instead of opening something that might be private, I looked up the return address on it, and found this thread.

Aha! It's obviously something connected to the previous Similac package, or at least it's related to the same mailing list that probably tracks to pregnant mothers. I have no idea if Creation Science had anything to do with the mailing list, but the mailings themselves in no way seem suspicious to me. Perhaps it's just a nosy group of pro-lifers somehow getting names from local hospitals? Or it's Abbott, makers of Similac. I have no idea.

Anyway, after deciding that this latest mail wasn't private correspondence, I opened it. It was a letter from Abbott about a formula recall, and it doesn't even pertain to the sample I got a year earlier. I'm slightly suspicious of who mailed the letter because it looks like an inkjet printout (and actually looks to me like a scanned color copy), but I'm NOT suspicious of the intentions of the sender. I'm pro-choice, and I still appreciate this letter, even if it happens to be from a pro-lifer or someone otherwise connected to Creation Science.

Whoever it's from (which might even be Abbott, or a group officially sanctioned by them), I'm not suspicious of their good intentions. (To repeat the letter's return address for search engines here, it was PO Box 29178, Shawnee Mission, KS 66201.)

• I also just recived that package in the mail. I am very upset mostly because 1. Sending free formula sample in the mail and passing them out in the hospital is against the international code of breast-milk advertimemt. 2. I'm not pregnant or a mom..... 
  • WTF is the international code of breast milk advertisement? Also, there are better things to be upset about than getting a free formula sample...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

breastfeeding, cloth diapering, farming mama.

• I got it too. I think it they get our names from the gift registries. I wasn't alarmed at all.
  • I got the same thing in the mail today. I'm assuming it was from something I signed up when I found out I was pregnant. I really regret that now, my due date would be around the corner if I hadn't miscarried. Pretty upsetting receiving this today.
  • I certainly wouldn't keep it unless it was from Similac themselves!
  • Ya funny I googled creation science and this was the first thread, it shows 2010. Why do they get bumped besides me questioning?

How does this happen?
  • edited September 2014
    ok, I have an even weirder situation. I just got the same package and I am not even pregnant, I don't even have a boy friend right now. I found your post when I looked up the address. wth is going on??? 
  •  Is the box like a black and white one with a pic of a baby kind of in shadow? Wrapped in shrinkwrap with a USPS Delivery Confirmation barcode label on it? If so, I deliver these all the time-very normal. That is the packaging I am seeing.
  • AthenaNabiAthenaNabi member
    edited September 2014
    I would find that painfully creepy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"