January 2015 Moms
Options

Confusion or Thoughts on Bump Names

@ladyamanuet‌, I always think your name is ladyamulet, and then I have to go back and change it if I'm tagging you.

And @efujan, my mom's name is Jan, so I always think of your name as "F you, Jan" even if that's not how you mean it.

Is anyone else confused on someone else's screen name or constantly reading it wrong?

Re: Confusion or Thoughts on Bump Names

• Options
    @Maebb - I always forget if there's two "e"s or two "b"s in your name (I have the same problem spelling "vaccum" with c's and u's).  And I prounounce it as "Maybe" in my head!
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always read @MusicFanatic‌ as music-fantastic. Idk why?

Also with @ladyamanuet‌ I read it as Lady Am-u-let even though I know it's wrong and there's not even an "l" in there.

When I first joined, I would get @ExcitedMama2‌ and @HappyMonkey817‌ mixed up

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's brain does weird things to screen names ;)

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    @Maebb - LOL!  Sorry for that!!!  My maiden name is Fujan. . . . when I used to have to spell it (for EVERYBODY), in my head, I'd mentally be chiming in "as in eff you for making me spell my name AGAIN!"

Worse yet - it's pronounced foo-yawn, I'm part Czech, part Swedish, and every time I'd meet someone in person (especially parents of guys I was dating), I'd get the "huh.  You look different than what I pictured."  Everybody assumed I had some sort of Asian heritage.  (Nope.  I'm as white girl as white girl can get!!!)

I do the same thing with @ladyamanuet 's name too.  I also confuse @texasmama786 with @TXUltraRunner until I double check the avatars. . . I'd be screwed if people changed those!!!
    Myles was so pumped about the baby . . . until he figured out he'd have to share all his toys!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker>
  • Options
    I definitely don't get AggieMom confused with anyone else!
    Yeah... I should have made that more clear. I definitely always remember our special little flower.... it's just all the TX associations that throw me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options

I don't know who AggieMom is :-/ I think I may have missed something since I'm still kinda new around here

• Options
    @efujan At least you don't confuse me with AggieMom HAHAHA

Uh Nope, that was me that confused you for her.  But only for a split second ;)
  • Options
    I always read @MusicFanatic‌ as music-fantastic. Idk why? 
    I like your version of my name better.

Britt1406 said:
    I always mistake @MuskieFan07 for MusikFan.. I always thought it was a play on words.  We used to post on another board together before this one and it started back then.. and I still kinda have issues with it and when I tag her sometimes I get it messed up.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    Yes @muskiefan07‌ and @MusicFanatic‌ if not for the avatar

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I always read @Stargirlb‌ as starglib
  • Options
    @ExcitedMama2 - That's hilarious! I hate my SN and I want to change it, so I'm happy to hear it comes off like something cool at least.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • Options

I don't know who AggieMom is :-/ I think I may have missed something since I'm still kinda new around here

Oh, you'll learn who she is soon enough...

Haha I just looked back on some old threads. I get it now. Yikes.

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    edited September 2014

Britt1406 said:

I always mistake @MuskieFan07 for MusikFan.. I always thought it was a play on words.  We used to post on another board together before this one and it started back then.. and I still kinda have issues with it and when I tag her sometimes I get it messed up.
    (edit) Quote fail...
    Yes! I typed MusikFan at first and had to edit it. That is how I always read it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"