Infertility

Estrace is wrecking me - bother telling clinic?

So this overwhelming depression that started exactly when I started the Estrace (post transfer) has not let up. It's not just hormone related swings - it's full blown crushing emptiness where I cry most of the day and don't want to see anyone. Of course, on top of that, my regular anxiety has me convinced that this can't be a healthy environment for conception and hence, I have no hope. Yeah, I have the cognitive perspective to know this isn't logical, but it's where I'm at. I'm not sure if this is relevant to tell my clinic? Not like they can do anything about it. Also, I've had the "normal" pinches/twinges/cramps/pokes from all the meds and swollen ovaries, but last night I had this bizarre sharp pain like a radiating electric needle in my abdomen - it woke me from a dead sleep and lasted intermittently for 4-5 minutes. I'm 5dp5dt so it's too late for implantation. Part of me is just happy to feel something, since during IVF#1 every one of my symptoms disappeared by 4 days prior to the negative beta. Anyways, is that pain something to tell my clinic or will they just write it off as hormone related? Maybe that's all it is?
30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
DH 32yrs & healthy
*unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
  • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
  • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
  • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
  • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
  • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
  • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

Re: Estrace is wrecking me - bother telling clinic?

• I would absolutely tell them about a side effect that intense. The weepies are to be expected during this process, but this sounds extreme. Call them first thing in the AM *hugs*
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    19-year history of endometriosis. Multiple surgeries and cyst removals. Forced directly into IVF due to blocked tubes and severe adhesions.
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #1 - Dec 2013 - Only 1 normal. Ended in CP
    IVF w/ICSI and CCS #2, at CCRM - March 2014!
    14R, 12 ICSI'd, 11F, 6 for CCS, 5 healthy blasts frozen!
    Two 5BB blasts transferred 9/10; First beta 9/19: 109; second beta 9/22: 550!
    EDD: 5/29/15

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker
  • One thing that I found comforting is that I read stress has no impact on an IVF /FET cycle. It does have an effect on natural conception since it is association with impacting ovulation and other functions. But with IVF you are leaving everything to the drugs and the dr and there is little harm you personally can do to impact the chances. 

I, too was worried about it since I feel similarly. It's definitely the drugs. I've been on clomid from December to July, then IVF drugs last month and now estrace and about to start progesterone. It's been so long I don't know what normal is anymore. (I say this with humor).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
    March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
    May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
    August: IVF#1, BFN
    September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
    It's a girl!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would let them know, too.  Maybe--if nothing else--they can move up your beta.  Big hugs to you!  Are you feeling any better today? 
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Tell them. They had me switch to taking the Estrace vaginally because it was giving me headaches and it made a huge difference. They might be able to help.
  • Call your clinic!! I have been taking the Estradiol my self & have had a tore up stomach...not sure if it is my nerves & anxiety... a G.I. bug or the meds. I know there are all kinds of side effects from drugs but your sound very extreme! Hope you are feeling better!
  • Sunny BSunny B member
    edited September 2014
    I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. I'm thinking of you and hoping that you start feeling better soon. 
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"