Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

clogged tearducts

my daughter has clogged tearducts....just wondering if anyone else's dc has this and what's your routine for cleaning/massaging.

And if your dc's has cleared up...how long did it take?

Re: clogged tearducts

• Options

I called the pedi when it happened and he prescribed some antibiotic eye drops.  I always clean with a warm, wet cloth.  I never use soap. 

With the drops it was gone by the next day. 

• Options
    We massaged and cleaned them with warm water on a washcloth every couple of hours. Unfortunately, my DD's right duct got infected and we had to go to the hospital. If the crust or goop turns green call your pedi right away!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just did the duct massage that Dr Sears recommended.  I did it at every diaper change.  It only takes 5 seconds.  It was gone within a two -three days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    All three of my children had clogged ducts.  My preemie twins had to have drops in the NICU for a few days.  I would massage tear ducts at every feeding when I was nursing them.  We also kept saline and cotton squares nearby.  it was cleared up in a few days.  Now a year and a half later, if they are sick that eye tends to weep a little.  My newborn son had a little bit of a gunky eye.  It went away with just massaging at eating times in 2-3 days.
  • Options
    Our pedi gave us an ointment.  She still has watery eyes most days.  She will hopefully outgrow this soon.
  • Options
    DD had it but it cleared up on Christmas eve so roughly a bit longer than 3 months.  I did a massage with a warm washcloth.
  • Options
    DJ has had clogged tear ducts since birth.  one has cleared up pretty well but the right one is clogged and has gotten infected. :(  we are hoping it will be better by 9 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"