3rd Trimester

Where did you get your rocker/glider?

I've been procrastinating and this is the last thing we need for the nursery.  I went to BRU Tues and they didn't have a very good in-store selection.  Just need some ideas.  TIA.

Re: Where did you get your rocker/glider?

• I am no help - we got dh's Grandma's antique rocker... BRU usually has lots and lots to look at.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sis bought ours and I am not sure where she got it but t is great and she was able to pick out the style, wood, and fabric she wanted so it is custom....I will have to ask her what website it was
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks.  I appreciate it.
  • try BRU online.  they have a different selection than at the actual store.  at the store i found a glider i loved and they told me it was out of stock til who knows when.  i went online and it got delivered a few days later.
  • I was going to buy a glider, then DH and I looked around, the quality ones are so expensive we ended up going to La Z Boy and buying a rocking recliner...much more comfy than a glider IMO.  There's lots of sales right now.
  • We had the same trouble withe BRU, we tried online.  I can't remember if we ended up getting it from there or if we purchased it from another place.  You can also try Target online as well.  We got a Dutallier and love it!
  • We will either be getting it at Target, BRU, or ideally Craigslist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we ordered ours from BRU in October, I think.  It turned out to be too dark for the other furniture we picked but I don't care so much at this point.  It came in last week and picked it up and set it up last week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got ours at the Baby Center at Burlington Coat Factory- it is very simple but should do the job
  • We got ours from BRU. We ordered a Dutailier and customized it to the look we wanted. I can't wait for it to arrive!!
  • I also went to BRU and wasn't thrilled with the selection, especially considering the cost.  I didn't like Burlington Coat Factory's selection much either.  I actually ended purchasing one online from walmart.com.  Normally, I can't stand Walmart (I prefer Target) and never thought I'd purchase anything for the baby there, but I found a great glider on their website that I am thrilled with so far: https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10242555.  I was very skeptical buying a chair without seeing it in person or trying it out first (especially from Walmart), but I read the customer reviews and decided it was worth a shot since you can have it shipped to the store for free, and if you don't like it after trying it, you can also return it them at the store at no cost to you. 

• Honestly, we found a nice one on Wal-Mart.com.  Not aval. in stores.  You can pick the wood finish and fabric color for it.  MIL/FIL are getting it for us.  I'm just excited to be getting one! 
  • We just ordered ours from albeebaby.com. ?It was the same one that we loved at BRU, but none of the stores in our area had it in stock. ?It was also cheaper than BRU.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • got mine from target
  • imagejojo_stpete:

I also went to BRU and wasn't thrilled with the selection, especially considering the cost.? I didn't like Burlington Coat Factory's selection much either.? I actually ended purchasing one online from walmart.com.? Normally, I can't stand Walmart (I prefer Target) and never thought I'd purchase anything for the baby there, but I found a great?glider on their website that I am thrilled with so far: https://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10242555.? I was very skeptical buying a chair without seeing it in person or trying it out first (especially from Walmart), but I read the customer reviews and decided it was worth a shot?since you can have it?shipped to the store for free, and if you don't like it after trying it, you can also return it them at the store at no cost to you.?

?

I did the same thing. I got a storkcraft glider from walmart in an espresso finish that matched our furniture. It was a little scary buying it without see it in person but so far I am really impressed on the quality, especially for the price. I spent less than $170 on the chair and ottoman! ?

• I got ours at a local baby boutique but it's a Best Chair and can be ordered online...JC Penny's also carries them.  I want to sell it because it's green and now I need pink for the girl on the way.  Green went with DS's nursery.  It's this one:  https://tinyurl.com/9k9xzo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought ours used from Once Upon A Child.  It retails for $600 and we got it for $100.  Fabric color leaves a little to be desired and the wood is not the color I wanted, but the quality was too great to pass up.  I can always sew a slip cover for the cushions.

It is from Best Chairs Inc.

GL! 

• We got ours from BRU- a long time ago.  Sorry but I can't rememeber the brand & there is no sticker/ label on it anywhere.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • we got ours at best buy for 179.99.  Fun thing is that it can go in our livingroom later and not look like baby furniture, but more like well, livingroom furniture.  Microsuade, glider and it rotates too.  oh so comfy. OH and reclines :)

BRU is SO darn expensive....we've seen same product at walmart.com for way cheaper.

• We got ours at walmart.com  They have a really nice selection at affordable prices.  :o)
  • We custom ordered ours from BRU.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"