3rd Trimester

Would you be a surrogate?

Do you think that you could do it?  Would it be something you would be interested in trying?

Re: Would you be a surrogate?

• I know I couldn't do it. I'm too emotional/sentimental person as it is. I truly admire those women who can be surrogates for couples. It is such a selfless thing to do, and  you're giving such a beautiful gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the theory of helping a childless family but at the same time there are some things about being pregnant that I don?t enjoy and the idea of going through all of it without a baby in the end would be too hard.

• Loading the player...
  • Never, I hate pregnancy.
  • not even if someone paid me a billion dollars.?
  • Depending on how the rest of this pregnancy goes I would?definitely?consider it. ?But you know, after seeing Juno I would be afraid of the couple splitting up. ?I guess it depends on the couple. ?I would do it in a heartbeat for my sisters or brother. ?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I could only do it if it were for a family member / close friend. Like my B & SIL, who cannot have children. But I don't think I could do it for a stranger.
  • no way in hell. my pregnancy has been super duper easy too but i have become so attached to this little baby. i love him so much it would be so hard to give up something that i had a bond with.?
  • No, for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is I don't enoy pregnancy.
  • Yes I would. Maybe I am evil for saying this, but for $30K, I would do it, because it means I could stay home with my son. I had a super easy pregnancy (I barely even showed). Bonding in utero was a tough sell for me since Jack rarely moved and I had an anterior placenta, he was kind of an "abstract" until birth. However, that might not be the case for the next one.I "think" I could keep myself separated but I am not positive. Oh and I would ONLY do gestational surrogacy, NEVER traditional, too many problems with that.
  • I would do it in a heartbeat for a family member or very close friend.  I could never do it otherwise though.
  • Yeah I could do it.  If it meant helping another woman receive the joy of motherhood.  My cousin found out last year that she is not able to carry a baby.  We are like sisters and my DH offered up my womb to her and her DH after we had our first.  She has good eggs, but it never keeps.

• I would have done it for my brother and SIL if they had asked, but they went ahead and didn't even consider that option and adopted my adorable niece from China....

As long as my kids are small, I don't think i could know, unless it was for a family member or close friend...I have considered it before, but I know this is something my DH and I would have to decide together...i make him do more when I'm pregnant!

• Not a surrogate, but I have been an egg donor x3 women......but that is it for me.
  • even if I thought today that I could, it might be a different story after my daughter is born in a couple of weeks. I think after seeing the little person that I've been carrying for so long, I don't think I'd be able to give that up, even knowing he/she wasn't mine
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would not go through pregnancy knowing I wouldn't have a baby of my own in the end. It's been way too difficult as it is and I'm so attached to this little guy already that I couldn't imagine giving a baby up.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could never do it, I would be way too attached to the baby.
  • I don't think I could do it.  I don't know how you coudlnt get attached to the baby
  • No, I couldn't do it. It would be too emotional to go through the pregnancy and have to give up the child in the end to someone else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not sure. Part of me says yes..the other says no. Yes, if I would be a part of the child's life...i.e. doing it for a family member or close friend. No, if the child would just disappear out of my life forever.
  • Nooooooooo... being pregnant sucks.

• absolutely not. I've hated pregnancy since day one.
  • No, I hate pregnancy.
  • There is only one person in my life that I would do this for and that is my sister. As much as I would want to (my heart goes out to anyone that has difficulty ttc) I wouldn't be able to go through with it for anyone else. It would just be to hard.
  • I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm not one of those women who bonds with baby in utero so I don't have any fears on that front. Post partum would be hard, I know, but it would be worth it to me to help someone out. We got lucky; it was easy for us to get pregnant.

But I think at 32 I'm too old to be considered a surrogate, even with gravida 2, para 2 status.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"