2nd Trimester

Plus Size Moms..Baby Bumps?

I'm a plus sized gal...a size 24/26 and wondering when I should expect to see a real baby bump? My tummy is certainly getting harder but sometimes I feel left out when I look at all these cute bumps and mine's not there yet. So any plus sized Moms want to share when your bumps came and such. Cheer me up....Big Smile
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Plus Size Moms..Baby Bumps?

• I'm a size 16/18...I'm going to try to post a pic. I'm showing much earlier this time around than with DD, but I feel like I look more like 30 weeks instead of 18!

This is me at 17weeks, 1day.

• Awwwww! I love your bump! I can't wait to look pregnant and not just "feel" pregnant...;o)
  • Loading the player...
  • This time around, I've been wearing maternity shirts and letting people think my fat belly is a baby bump.  I try not to wear non-maternityh shirts because then I just look fat.

I know I didn't answer your question....it realy is different for every person, whether they are heavy or thin!

• imageBaby Bouchard:
    Awwwww! I love your bump! I can't wait to look pregnant and not just "feel" pregnant...;o)

Big Smile  Thank you! Sometimes I feel down on myself when I see all these cute little waisted bumps on here...and sometimes I feel like I just look fat (fatter?)...but then sometimes, I love my bump even if it's bigger than most this far along because of some fat on top of my bump. Don't worry - soon you'll have a cute bump and you'll take lots of pride in it!

• I was a size 22 pp and honestly...not until the last couple of weeks have I noticed my belly getting rounder.  It has been hard for quite a while, but as far as noticing any difference in shape, I didnt notice till recently.  I dont have any pics to show you.  I just try to wear maternity looking shirts so that my belly "Looks" pregnant instead of fat.
  • I can't remember when it was with DS, but ditto what the other woman said about wearing maternity shirts (so your belly looks more pregnant than fat).  I think I was about half way through 2nd tri when I really noticed a bump for my first pregnancy.

This time around, I swear I was huge by 12 weeks!  And although most of it was bloat, I didn't care. I wore maternity shirts as soon as I could.  :0)

• I don't have a pic, but I am a 16/18 and you can tell I have a bump now- especially when I wear tight shirts.  I think it's been in the last 3-4 weeks. It seems like all the weight I've gained is going to my belly because my regular jeans still fit. 
    Married 10.27.07
    DD 11.20.10
    BFP #2 8.25.12 M/C 9.3.12
    BFP #3 10.25.13 EDD 7.8.14

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • I'll try to post a pic tomorrow (I'm an 18/20 pp) but ditto the maternity shirts. I'm about 18 wks now and it's only been in the past week or two that I've started to look pregnant.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Coolim a 20 and i say i started noticing a bump last week. im 18 weeks. however to people who don't know me i probably look more fat vs prego.

i feel you though i been feeling the exact same way...

another downer... bein plus we'll feel baby move much later than smaller women.

but oh well im still sexy! Cool

• I'm around a size 12/14. I felt like I had an "obvious" bump at 19 weeks. Here's a picture from my last bump day picture (we do them every 5 weeks). However, I still get people that don't realize and I guess just think I'm fat. But I think its becoming more unmistakable.

Sorry you have to scroll over...I just don't have the energy to fix it. Stick out tongue

My little momma dog Pixie (we found her pregnant last October) wanted to be in the picture too!

• I didn't get a noticable bump until 24-25 weeks(I'm a 16 pre-pregnancy).I also have a really long torso though so I think that may have also made a difference.I didn't start getting the "look,shes pregnant"looks from strangers until the past week or so.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• I was a 26/28 pre pregnancy. I got noticeably pregnant comments around 16-18wks. I am almost 6ft tall and have read that it all depends on your body shape. Grab a shirt with an empire type waist that cups under your breasts and you'll definitely feel and possibly look more preggo to other people!
  • I was a 14 and now I'm up to a size 16 but I been showin since I was 4 months my thing is my belly button didn't pop out yet and I wanna know wen will it...if neone know y pls tell me and lemme kno but I enjoy being pregnant and my baby boy nasir is due nov 8 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 36 weeks, and my belly button never popped.
  • This is such a bittersweet thing to read lol. I'm a 22/24, gained about twenty pounds last time I was pregnant that never went away, but I was really hoping to have my baby bump by four months. I always thought I was crazy for getting upset at all the skinny girls with their bumos, so glad I'm not the only one! I must say though, I can't help but rub my belly like every other pregnant girl does... People must think I have wicked stomach issues lol. Good luck to all of you with your bumps!

• I have the same feelings. I'm a 22/24 and at 20 wks only really look pregnant at all when I wear maternity tops.  I know strangers just think I'm fat(ter) ... and no one ever offers me their seat on the subway ... but it is what it is.  I'm sort of jealous of girls who are showing more ... but I'm more jealous of those who are feeling kicks and stuff already.  I guess I'm surprised that being plus size really effects the timing of that ... I mean, don't we all have the same nerves and stuff???  Hmmm ....
  • I'm the same size (22/24, 5'10") but 21 weeks, I just look fatter to most people, but I've been feeling some movement since 14 weeks.
    imagelogan and ruthieLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • this might sound dumb, but how is a maternity top any different than a regular top so that it makes it clear if one is pregnant?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I posted a photo to FB, hoping I can figure out how to get it to post here, when I am not mobile... I so suck at getting pics posted :-(
    until I took it, I honestly felt like im not bumpy, just big- overwhelming response was bump :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My bump finally popped out around 30 weeks. I'm 5'9 and wear a 16/18

BFP 01/31/14 EDD 10/06/14

Team Pink! Violet was born on 09/27/14
  • Ms.MKBT said:

I don't have a pic, but I am a 16/18 and you can tell I have a bump now- especially when I wear tight shirts.  I think it's been in the last 3-4 weeks. It seems like all the weight I've gained is going to my belly because my regular jeans still fit. 

This!
  • I feel the same way! I was a size 16 before getting pregnant. I am 16w and I can see and feel my baby bump but it looks like I'm hitting the sweets too much!

I've only gained a few pounds though but my jeans are no longer comfortable and I've moved to maternity pants just this week. Right now my shape is more of a B though and I'm looking forward to my baby boy getting bigger and filling out the top part of my tummy to look pregnant!

Also, while this is my first and I could be wrong, I think I've started to feel the 'flutters' of movement. While I read that being bigger can make it so you feel recognizable movement later, a lot has to do with how and where your baby is sitting. Good luck!
  • A maternity top or really any top that accentuates your belly rather than trying to hide the chub will signal to the world "I'm pregnant not just chubby." I am a size 12/14 and carry a lot of my weight around my middle and I definitely have a 'bump' but I could camouflage it as belly fat (I don't because I'm not a masochist, but I could). :P
  • We all show at different times. I am nearly 18 weeks with our first and not showing at all. I am a size 6 so it goes both ways and there are a lot of factors other than just weight. Eventually we will all look pregnant. I've never seen someone go to 9 months without a bump! :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • this is my second pregnancy my first was 5 yrs ago i got so big u just couldnt tell i was expecting till i was like 6 months but not this time im showing much sooner at 15 weeks and my belly is deff here
  • I'm a size 16/18 and started getting a blump/bump pretty much immediately. I haven't gained any weight, but this is me at 11 weeks with #2. I didn't start showing with my first until 24-28 weeks. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Wait, what?!? 4 year old thread? Who in the hell resurrected this?!? And, who had the time to??

image image
    imageimage
  • I'm a size 18, I started showing around 18 weeks with my first. This time, it was sooner, like 14/15 weeks. A couple weeks ago strangers started asking when I am due, I feel like that's a good indication I look pregnant and not fat lol. Wearing maternity clothes helps me look more pregnant I think. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"