Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Took DS to the dr about reflux this morning

They told me to give him 2oz of formula mixed with 2 tbs of rice cereal every three hours. We take him back in a week to see if there was any improvement, and if not we're going to try something else. They said I'd need to open the nipple more so the cereal could get through, but like an idiot I forgot to as how and they're not answering so I can ask. Would I just pierce the opening with a knife to make it flow better?

Re: Took DS to the dr about reflux this morning

• Just go buy a faster flow nipple for the bottles you are using.

And don't listen to the asshats that are about to tell you that your DS is too young for rice cereal :o)

• We tried the knife thing but it totally didn't work so we just bought the bigger nipples.  Which came in handy anyway because DD gets 16 tablespoons of cereal in every bottle now.

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, thats what I did.  But I bought the fast flow nipple ( I use the Playtex Drop-Ins bottles/nipples) and they work great.  But my baby is almost 3 months old.  You may want to try the medium flow for your little one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblondie3379:

Just go buy a faster flow nipple for the bottles you are using.

And don't listen to the asshats that are about to tell you that your DS is too young for rice cereal :o)

LOL! Luckily I trust his pedi over internet drs when it comes to what he should and shouldn't eat!

• imagecajuncutie0169:
    imageblondie3379:

LOL! Luckily I trust his pedi over internet drs when it comes to what he should and shouldn't eat!

Don't tell the_jen you are starting cereal, she'll warn you about the dangers of making baby fat. 

• We also used a faster flowing nipple.
  • imageMrsL.inMarch:
    imagecajuncutie0169:
    imageblondie3379:

Don't tell the_jen you are starting cereal, she'll warn you about the dangers of making baby fat. 

BWAHAHAHA! Dude he's gained another pound since his last visit two weeks ago. He's catching up to his 13lb cousin who was born just 4 short weeks before him lol.

• What kind of bottles do you use? Avent makes a variable flow nipple that has a slit in it instead of holes and it allows the cereal to go through easily.
    Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"