1st Trimester

What's the strangest thing you've had an aversion to in this pregnancy?

Re: What's the strangest thing you've had an aversion to in this pregnancy?

• Chapstick. Specifically EOS mint Chapstick.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I couldn't cook for the last two months. Even if I'm craving something, I usually regret it after. Now that I have anti-nausea medicine in my system, I can finally start cooking again. I still have an aversion to meat, most veggies, and soups. 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Loading the player...
  • For my first pregnancy - BBQ.  Anything with bbq sauce or anything found at a BBQ restaurant (corn pudding, collard greens with bacon, etc).  I think it's because the day we found out I was pregnant we were at his family's house and I ate a half a tray of BBQ ribs, chicken, corn pudding, etc and had 2 beers and it made me SO SICK I threw up, so pretty much figured that I was preggo (otherwise would have LOVED this meal).

This pregnancy is a little early for food aversions but I'm SO trying to only eat healthy things...breaded chicken heros with L, T, and Mayo were my DOWNFALL last time I ate them daily!

• DH!!

okay just kidding, couldn't resist
  • My biggest aversion has been chicken, which started early on. This week it decided to be joined by mince and pasta. We have house guests at the moment who brought us a thankyou spaghetti bolognase, the thought of it in my fridge makes me feel so sick! (It's so hard when no one knows and you've got to pretend you're okay).

My constant saving grace has been oranges and orange juice, but I find that most of the foods I can handle have changed every week and that's the only thing that has remained constant!
  • Water! Which is bizarre, because I usually drink 64 to 100 oz a day!
  • The only thing that I've had an aversion to is alcohol. The smell of vodka makes me feel sick to my stomach!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mine is French fries, which is a good thing!
  • Toothpaste.  Every single morning I brush my teeth, then throw up.  I can't find one that doesn't make me sick.  It seems very counterproductive.  Also, haven't been able to eat chicken for months now and as of about two weeks ago beef became a problem.  Unfortunately, I was a super picky eater before I was pregnant so now I can barely find anything at all that I want to eat.  All I wanted yesterday was potatoes and grapefruit lol.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont know if its strange, but meat. Meat f'ing creeps me out since getting pregnany! Im 11 weeks now.
  • Meat and veggies are huge food aversions for me! And water during the morning but afternoon is fine.
  • Laundry.

haha

Eggs.

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

imageimage

I'm a Dork. I Can't Wait for Dumb and Dumber To!

ME 28 - DH 30 ♥♥Married 7/25/2009♥♥
    Father's Day 2014 - 6/15/14 BFP!
    DD Born 12/8/2011 I Love my Mini-Me

• I am a serious gum chewer. After the morning sickness started, chewing gum with a minty taste is DISGUSTING and makes me nauseous. Only fruity gum is acceptable. I also loved eating sunflower seeds... Haven't had any since the morning sickness started because the smell is disgusting. but I looove sunflower seeds :-(

• Vegetables- mostly greens- but I'm really having a hard time with my veggies, this go round.  And I'm a vegetarian so that makes it especially sucky.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aab1042Aab1042 member
    edited October 2014
    I made some amazing pulled pork on Sunday, it was so good, and then by Monday I couldn't even look at it  and I can't get coffee down like I use to which is killing me because I love coffee!

BFP #1 EDD  11/1/13  - C SB 25 weeks
    BFP #2 EDD 10/12/14 - MC 7 weeks
    BFP #3 EDD   4/2/15 -   MC 6 weeks

BFP #4 EDD  5/18/15 -  RAINBOW?!

• toothpaste... I dread it everyday. I've always liked the minty taste before (not to swallow or anything but the freshness). Now its the worst I'm always on the verge of losing it for a bit afterwards
  • Eggs and cheese which are my favorites prepregnacy
  • Fresh veggies and water. 
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • The one thing that has really grossed me out is sausage. Like sausage on pizza or in pasta, however biscuit and gravy with sausage in it was like the best thing I've eaten. It's weird.
  • The weirdest things for me, are cheesecake, cream cheese and yogurt. All 3 things I really love.

I am lucky to find anything that sounds good in the evening. Supper is really hard because I don't want anything and I don't want to cook anything because it all grosses me out! My poor husband ends up fending for himself more often than not. 
  • kadyn11kadyn11 member
    edited October 2014
    Any pork makes me want to hurl and I can't eat anything sweet makes me feel so sick weird cuz I love sweets lol mabye it's a boy this time around lol.
  • sd1981sd1981 member
    edited October 2014
    6 weeks in and for the last 3 days now, everything my husband will cook/make I cannot stand.  At the very thought of chicken, vegetables or SALAD I want to run for the bathroom.  This morning my husband whipped up a quick smoothie (1 cup Organic 2pct milk, 1 banana, 1 tbsp. Organic Peanut Butter, 1/2 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt and a dash of cinnamon) - the peanut butter ruined it for me.  Couldn't finish it.  Ended up having pancakes instead.  The nausea is horrible. 
  • My food aversion doesn't seem to be specific...I just haven't wanted to eat much of anything. I can force myself to eat string cheese and last night I had cheesy pasta, but I got nauseous half way through. I have a feeling I'm going to spend all morning trying to convince myself to eat the banana  brought to work. I didn't even bother to try to bring my lunch to work...I know I won't eat it
    ~Katie~

• Chewing gum. So weird. 
    BFP#1: 03/05/14 | EDD: 11/11/14 | MC: 04/10/14 | D&C 05/01/14 [Molar]
    BFP#2: 10/15/14 | EDD: 06/25/14 | MC: 12/02/14 | D&C 12/04/14 [MMC]
    Current Status: RE appt 01/20/15 & Cleared to TTC
    Plan: Baby Aspirin, More (raw) folate, PNP, Iron, diet
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T, ANA+ Homogeneous, Anemia. Ige sensitivities: gluten, egg, dairy
    All AL Welcome<3
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”
    We will never forgot our angels<3

• Potatoes, which isn't weird for most, but I used to LOVE potatoes now I can't stand them in any form. They used to make me gag, now they just make my appetite go away!
  • It's been various things when I've been nauseous, but the most constant thing I've had an aversion to (with or without nausea) is pickles. My DH thinks it's hilarious because of all the stories of pregnant women loving pickles. And before I got pregnant, I could eat Bread & Butter Pickles straight out of the jar. Now it sounds disgusting.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha! I found the same thing with salad. I normally love some a roast chicken with salad but last night I really struggled to not throw up while I was eating it. I felt sick the whole time.
    [color=purple]Married July 2014[/color]
    [color=pink]First Monkey July 2015[/color]
    [color=green]Baby No2 March 2018
    ~Team Green~[/color]

• Coffee, and I'm a coffee lover!

DS #1 David Anthony, Born on 10/15/08

DS #2 Jacob Fielding, Born on 12/01/10

BFP #3 July 2013, M/C 10/4/13

BFP #4 11/14/14, EDD 07/21/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • The smell of nail polish- I make my dd go in the other room when she wants to paint her nails, it's so overwhelming and usually I don't mind at all. Also I have not been able to eat or look at ground beef . It mostly what we eat. This pg has been hard.
  • I live in a really small town, and the nearest fast food is 30 minutes away... I had my dad bring me some Arby's because it was all I could think of, and then I opened the bag and got violently sick. It's weird craving something but not being able to eat it.
  • Coffee, onions and any kind of Asian food.
  • I can't eat anything with cheese! Makes me queezy!
  • Oddly mine has nothing to do with food but my poor dog:( I bathed her, sprayed her with some dog spray, wiped her down, and she still has a weird smell. I feel so bad because all she wants to do is cuddle with me. Sometimes I just bear it or I let her get close and cover her with all blanket. Hoping this goes away after the 1st trimester.
  • I can't go anywhere near twizlers that I crave until I go to take a bite and I just can't. Also, any drink/fluids that aren't water or pineapple juice. Broth is horrible!
  • Nothing yet for me, but I am only 6 weeks. I am just smelling everything x1000.

I WISH I had an aversion to coffee...it has been hard for me to cut down my usually 3 cups a day to just one.

• Anything and everything. I can't eat and it's horrible.
    Grapes are the only thing really. But the worst is any meats and I love meats so my baby isn't on the same page lol !
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My first (and so far only) aversion is coffee. This makes me a little sad because I'm usually a 24+ oz-a-day coffee drinker, but it's making stopping caffeine consumption easy, especially since I don't drink soda or tea already.

At about 5 DPO I grabbed my usual morning cup of coffee, took a sip, and it tasted like a mouthful of rubber bands! Then, I basically did one of these...

together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • Coffee. Scallions - but not onions, go figure! And the worst . . . the Wegman's bakery section. I almost hurled on a lady last week. Yikes. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"