1st Trimester

What's the strangest thing you've had an aversion to in this pregnancy?

Re: What's the strangest thing you've had an aversion to in this pregnancy?

• Eggs and onions. Just the though of them makes my stomach turn *shudder*
  • Kschwabe2  I'd be so sad without bacon!!

-- Coffee definitely which I found humorous because knowing we were TTC, I gave up caffeine for lent; 40 days of TORTURE ... then 2 weeks after Easter I found out that I was pregnant. Soo when I couldn't have it I CRAVED IT, now when I can it tastes like battery acid.

Ta G.  | First time mom | Married: 9.4.2013

• Loading the player...
  • chocolate!!!
  • Cat&SCat&S member
    Salad and artificial sweetener. The salad aversion went away after 14-15 weeks and I'm fine eating them again. Anything with artificial sweetener is still a no go.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Cottage Cheese! I loved it but now I detest the thought of it.The other thing is cereal bars...I have no idea why haha
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• designchicadesignchica member
    edited May 2014
    Almond Butter and my boyfriend's chapstick. 

I also have developed an aversion to touching paper. It feels gross. 

• The tap water I can do with anymore, I have to go stock up on well water from my folks house. And since I've gotten into my 2nd trimester, any vegetable is really hard for me to keep down. =/ Fruits and eggs have been my main meals, and sweet potatoes, oddly the only vegetable that I really want and can eat. 
  • I'm a spinach lover, but can't bring myself to have any!  Also when I start eating something because I am craving it, after a few bites I can't have it anymore!  I used to love Greek yogurt and now just the thought of it... Oh my!
  • My first pregnancy, coffee ~ even the smell of it. Any type of meat incl the smell of it.

This time, eggs, fish, onions and the smell of my husband's shower gel.  I went out and purchased new stuff for him because the smell of this (Roots) was making me sick.

• kznkzn member

RIght now, tomatos. I don't mind the taste, but just hte squishy feel in my mouth... insta gag.

Other than that, prety lucky that nothing else has popped up

• I had an aversion to water in my last pregnancy.  I could only drink Dasani.  Not just bottled water- ONLY Dasani.  
    That is too funny. I am pretty sure my husband would constantly make fun of me if this happened (I'm TTC). 
  • ErzeErze member
    Chicken. 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The velveeta and rotel queso dip. Someone brought it to a party we attended and I couldn't even look at it without gagging. Also, the thought of chic-fil-a makes me want to vomit. I normally enjoy both of these things, but now the thought makes my stomach unsettled and sends my gag reflexes into overdrive. I cannot wait until this passes! :/
  • Haha. These are great! But I'm only laughing cuz I'm right there stuck in food misery with you. I used to have a huge sweet tooth but I've now passed my servings of pie, cake, and peach cobbler onto my husband after a few bites. He's also finished my pizza. This is our first pregnancy and he's loving' it. Poor guy is going to have a belly as big as mine come baby time.

Also can't stand cooked spinach in anything and these nut/seed/fruit bars I used to eat everyday. Sigh
  • I couldn't eat anything other than oranges.
  • KvooysKvooys member

Almost everything....but the weird things are what I used to love!!

But the one thing that is really getting to me is toothpaste...the thought of brushing my teeth makes me gag, and every morning for the past week I have puked from the taste of toothpaste.

• sugarpeassugarpeas member
    edited July 2014
    1. Pepperoncinis. We went to dinner at Olive Garden a week ago, and I had a salad with my entree. I love pepperoncinis usually, but this time, when I took a big bite out of one I nearly spit it out, it tasted so bitter to me!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sweets. Not a bad thing I guess!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pancakes, which I always loved before we found out. 8-|
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Anything that is too sweet.

• Starburst.... It's too juicy... I don't understand how I could hate that lol but it just tastes awful lol
  • Went to a baseball game yesterday and almost threw up thanks to the smells of Hot Dogs and Nacho cheese....Just typing this is making me a little queasy just thinking about it. 
  • My weirdest one is definitely cooked vegetables.  I can handle salads but as soon as you cook the veggies, I can't even.  
    -Lily
    EDD: 1/27/15
    So excited for our rainbow baby!
  • My first few weeks cheese grossed me out. I was half-excited/ half-terrified because my life can sometimes revolve around cheese. Well, that passed and now I will eat everything and anything. I'm pretending I have an aversion to fried foods, which really just means staying as far away as possible because I have no self-control. 
  • water.......and unfortunately Pepsi (LOVE Pepsi :) )
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a major smell aversion to my DH. Talk about frustrating.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so glad others have this I thought I was going crazy! I can't go near salad and leafy veg!! Do annoying it was all I'd eat before! Anyone have any suggestions on alternatives to keep my veggie intake up!?
  • I made spaghetti the other night for dinner and loved it, but now the thought of even smelling it makes me want to hurl. I've been eating a lot of fruits and fresh things. I'm also not finding any "solid" foods appetizing, I really want soup.
  • Ugh water is the absolute worse right now...seafood and the smell of alcohol make me sick to my stomach too... which sucks because I work in a restaurant with a huge bar and it makes work a hundred times harder!
  • So far my big no no has been steak & hamburgers. I can do tacos/beef burritos but do not even mention a burger or steak around me!
  • My husbands cologne nauseates me. He isn't allowed to wear it anymore lol.

As far as food goes I usually love lemons in my tea and water and recently they make me want to gag
  • gemmgggemmgg member
    Meat, chicken was my fav food, steak, chicken, lamb, any meat really, now even the smell of it makes me hurl!!
  • Chocolate and anything sweet!
  • Apparently re-fried beans are out. :( Went to have mexican food last night, and I almost threw up on the table. Baby was NOT interested in eating the re-fried beans. I was quite saddened.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Orange juice! I still like it but the baby does not :(

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• I went to San Francisco and my sister had crab cakes from a restaurant on Pier 39, which you would think would have the freshest seafood. I took one bite of it and had to spit it out because it tasted rotten. My sister thought they were great.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hummus and refried beans. I guess it's something to do with the texture. Very sad because I love Mexican food!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Rotisserie chicken!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My last pregnancy, I could eat anything I wanted and I never felt sick. Except I had a craving for bologna one night and had to have it. Once I ate it, I felt like I was going to be sick. That's bologna for you.

This pregnancy, everything makes me feel like I'm going to be sick. Water even gives me terrible heartburn, so that's no help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"