Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Teething Tablets

Do you use them? Are they effective?

Re: Teething Tablets

• Options
    Yes and yes.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    yes as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes and yes.  I use Hylands (you can buy them behind the pharmacy counter at Target or at BRU in the first aid aisle).  However, I just bought the Little Remedies - Little Teethers (same ingredients as Hylands) at BRU.  The Little Teethers had 150 tablets and Hylands has 125 tablets.
  • Options

My SIL and sister use them and love them. 

Baby 411 does say that while they're considered safe they do contain trace amounts of belladonna (a toxin) and caffeine.  That being said, I'll probably use them when the time comes - I don't think the belladonna and caffeine really pose any risks.

imageimage 
  • Options
    No, I used the teething tablets for a few weeks before I talked to the doctor.  DS would fall to sleep immediately after having a couple of tablets even if he had just had a nap.  I think he is just more sensitive to the tablets than other babies that I've read about.  The doctor advises all of his patients not to use the tablets.
  • Options
    no didn't help my ds. I also asked pedi and she said they are basically just pure sugar and then the traces of belladonna and caffiene weren't a plus for me...I have found that a vibrating teething really helps and also if you are bottle feeding, put the bottle in the fridge for about 30-45 minutes before feeding and the cooler liquid helps relieve some discomfort
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"