1st Trimester

Ultrasound today, lukewarm news

So I have been spotting and i am supposed to be 7 weeks by my LMP. I previously had two HCG tests and they looked good (doubling). Now I went for the US and she said, it's possible that I am not 7 weeks, but more like 51/2, 6 weeks, or that I don't have a viable pregnancy, since it doesn't look like a 7 week embryo. I went for more bloodwork, I have to have a repeat on Friday and then another US on Monday maybe? Not clear on that. Sigh. I see below that this happened to someone else. I guess that would make some sense regarding the spotting, which is supposed to occur at 5 weeks, but I am so sure about the dates. I can't take the wait and see time span!!

Any encouragement or should i just prepare for the worst?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ultrasound today, lukewarm news

• I don't have many words of advice for you, but try not to worry too much.  I had an ultrasound at 7.5 weeks and was measuring a week behind.  Certainly don't lose all hope, hopefully you'll go back and everything will look great!  I'm sorry you have to go through this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • **HUGS** I don't know enough about this to offer encouragement, but I hope for the best for you. I'm sorry - this must be insanely stressful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't give up hope!! It isn't always black and white.  I had 2 m/c then was told I was either m/c or had ectopic with DD (around 6 wks) I had an u/s and they couldn't find "any evidence of a uterine pg" no hb. and my levels were great, "should see a hb at this level hcg"  They even wanted me to take methotrexate to abort a poss ectopic.  Needless to say, I went home to sort it out and was feeling "more" pg and had more levels and then another us where they saw a hb but it was "low" STILL discouraging........long story short, DD is almost a year.  So try to be positive and hang in there...."it ain't over until it's over!"  Good Luck!
  • I would still be optomistic if I was you.  Slight spotting isn't too much to be worried about.  I would watch though in case bleading is heavier.

Did you hear a heart beat?

Anyway, just be patient and relax as best you can.  Good luck!

• I wouldn't worry too much.  LMP doesn't mean much, because lots of women ovulate later than CD14.  I ovulated on CD21.
  • Don't give up hope!!! I'm 8w4d by LMP, 7w4d by ovulation date and our u/s shows baby at 6w4d...the doctor saw a hb (finally! our 3rd u/s) and says everything looks great and not to worry too much...we have another u/s in 2 weeks to make sure our babies still growing and healthy!

Stay positive...some babies grow slower than others and you could have O'ed/implanted late.

• I went thru the exact same thing at your exact same dates!  I just O'd late and here i am 12 weeks pregnant.  Please do not worry, just try to relax and take it easy!  Chances are that you are only 5 weeks like i was and you will see somthing later.  Your numbers were doubling so that is great!  :) 

Good luck to you and please try not to worry!

• I am in the same shoes as you!  (Post below.)  I hope we both get good news later this week. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Blessed with a girl and boy, number 3 due 5/5/12!
  • This happened to me last week. I went in for my 8 week ultrasound and they told me I'm measuring more like 6 weeks. I did see the heartbeat but it was low so I have to go back tomorrow. Did you get to see a heartbeat yet?
  • I agree to try and be optimistic at this point.  I'm sure that is hard, but that's all I can offer. ::HUGS:: I can't imagine.  I hope things get better soon!
  • I really don't have any sort of solid knowledge about this so I can't give you any advice but I say this "It ain't over till it's over"! 
    Do not give up hope.
    Spotting is totally normal and you could very well have mixed up your dates.

Take care and try not to worry too much.

• Thanks everyone, it does make me feel tons better to hear these stories. I did not see a HB although I think it would be too early. I did see something flickering but she didn't call it a hb. Maybe was just the movement of the fluid.
  • Oh I forgot to mention there were two sacs, but one had nothing in it. very odd. DH thinks that might have affected soemthing.
  • I had an u/s at 8 weeks and they could barely see anything at all...ended up being the wrong dates.

You never know. Try to stay positive.

• I'm sorry about your not so good dr. visit. I'm crossing my fingers that the next one goes better. GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So sorry about the disappointing visit! Try to stay positive, maybe the dates were just wrong. I'll be thinking of you!
  • I was in the same boat we thought i was 6 or 7 weeks along and I was 4 so all we saw was a sac. But we got the numbers and they more than doubled in 3 days and we went in two weeks later and we saw the heartbeat and I was 7 weeks 5 days along. I must have ovulated late hopefully you are in the same boat.
  • I'm sorry about your visit but the only thing you can do now (and this is so much easier said than done) is to stay positive.

I'm crossing my fingers for you for your next U/S. There seems to be plenty of people who have gone through an U/S like that, as posted above, so you're in no way alone! Hugs!

• I am praying that everything goes well for you-GL
  • My first ultrasound I was supposed to be a little over 5 weeks, and they told me I only looked a little over 4, it was just a sac.  They had me come a week later, the baby was there with a heartbeat and was now only two days behind.  Today, my baby is almost a week ahead.  They catch up! Good luck!
  • I am much more optimistic now. thanks again everyone, you are all so kind to answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"