October 2013 Moms
Options

People are f'd up!! NBR

So my husband just called to say he got run off the road by a lady texting. He was ok but when he got out to get her license plate number she ran over and punched him the face! Luckily he didn't hit her back but when the cops came 20 mins later (after she was long gone) they told him to get over it and nothing can be done since he got out of the car he "instigated the violence". He was getting out to check the damage on his car in the gutter along with getting her plate. Ironically my husband is on the board of directors at a non profit
with the police captain so he's gonna call him.

This city is such a shithole now. Gang violence, teens assaulting cops, drugs, and the panhandler that dented my car hood because i didn't give him money. I want to
move even more now and I grew up here

Re: People are f'd up!! NBR

• Options
    melimomelimo member
    Northern MA. The city was never this bad. I mean it's urban city with problems but the last 10 years have been horrible. I told him I'm looking up houses in Key West.
  • Options
    Holy crap! What a psycho! And he "instigated" it?! Here I was thinking that physical violence was never okay. I guess they can start saying that battered women are asking for it too, then huh? There are so many fails in this situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    melimomelimo member
    I told him he was a better person because if she had hit me (and there was no baby in the car), I would have gone spider monkey on her ass.
  • Options
    What a crazy person!
  • Options
    Geez. People are assholes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That is just plain crazy.  Sorry your DH had to deal with that nut job!

• Options
    Road ragers be crazy.  For real, I 'StumbledUpon' videos of extreme road rage and people pulled over just to fight the other person.  A semi-personal anecdote, my sister was almost run off the road by a crazy guy on the highway.  He tried to side-swipe her car. She was pregnant.  

• Options
    Where do you live? Amesbury? Sounds like some shit that would happen there. Sorry that happened to him. Hopefully the police chief can help him out!

• Options
    melimomelimo member
    edited May 2014
    @MangoMama82‌ Not Amesbury but @wedding06‌ Bingo! You win Lowell! Lowell has its nice parts but its bad parts are getting really bad.
  • Options
    Those cops are idiots. She should deft be in jail. And key west with a LO, haha, yes!! Or you could move to "my" beaches in FL! :)
  • Options
    Um....the attitude of the police goes very far into why people think they can act that way.
    We live in a great place but there are two policemen that were known for vein asshats. Crime started to go up...they got fired...crime started to go down.

Of course it isn't always as simple or as fast as that but if people know they can get away with shit, they do it. Just having a police officer to show up at her house to tell her they were "looking into it" would have gone really far.

• Options
    melimo said:

@MangoMama82‌ Not Amesbury but @wedding06‌ Bingo! You win Lowell! Lowell has its nice parts but its bad parts are getting really bad.

When I think of Lowell I think of that HBO doc "High on Crack Street". It's all about crack users in Lowell

• Options
    I grew up need there.  Years ago in Lowell, I had a women run a red light and almost hit my car.  She then got out of her car started beating on hood and screaming to get out of the car and fight her.  At that moment I was very thankful for power locks and just prayed she did not break one of my windows.  And she did this while wearing her Dunkin Donuts uniform.  Yep, don't miss Lowell.  Maybe it was the same woman :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    huntjulhuntjul member
    And you're thinking Key West will be lots better??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Options
    melimomelimo member
    @MangoMama82‌ at least the movie The Fighter was a little better for Lowell hahaha.

@MargaretC5‌ yup typical Lowell.

@23Melissa28‌ living in Lowell automatically gives you legit street cred in other parts of MA

@huntjul‌ I know Key West isn't the best and everyplace has its been problems but the gang violence and murder rates are lower. I'd never really move there because teaching jobs are tough to get there. I think I'm more in love with seeing palm trees everyday hahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"