Natural Birth

Freebirth/Unassisted Childbirth

2»

Re: Freebirth/Unassisted Childbirth

• Maybe I’m not the one to say anything since I’m not yet a mother but WOW! Ladies give it a rest. All I see here is that this lady is saying that by having three other children in all-natural water birthing successfully that this time she’s going for a CNM’s assistance with this - her 4th. So really what’s the problem? Looks as though she is only seeking advice, stories, or links to helpful information - so she has the opportunity of making an intelligent decision! 

• 5ardinia said:

Maybe I’m not the one to say anything since I’m not yet a mother but WOW! Ladies give it a rest. All I see here is that this lady is saying that by having three other children in all-natural water birthing successfully that this time she’s going for a CNM’s assistance with this - her 4th. So really what’s the problem? Looks as though she is only seeking advice, stories, or links to helpful information - so she has the opportunity of making an intelligent decision! 

She's saying she wants an unassisted birth, that would mean a birth without a MW present.  
  • Loading the player...
  • 5ardinia said:

Maybe I’m not the one to say anything since I’m not yet a mother but WOW! Ladies give it a rest. All I see here is that this lady is saying that by having three other children in all-natural water birthing successfully that this time she’s going for a CNM’s assistance with this - her 4th. So really what’s the problem? Looks as though she is only seeking advice, stories, or links to helpful information - so she has the opportunity of making an intelligent decision! 

You shouldn't be the one to say anything because you don't understand what the discussion is about - perhaps you should do that before you try to be a white knight about it. There is nothing. NOTHING. intelligent about deciding to birth at home with no medical personnel present. That is what "freebirth" or unassisted birth is.

I am absolutely 100% in support of CNM assisted homebirths and would've had one myself had I not been risked out. Instead I had an amazing CNM delivery in a hospital (which the OP apparently thinks isn't "special", for some reason). What the OP wants to do is reckless and endangers not only her own life but her baby's, and potentially puts her husband in some legal hot water if something were to go wrong. She is doing something stupid.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Wait...if you have a cnm present, isn't is an ASSISTED birth? (Did I misunderstand?)
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • op, did I read correctly that you want an UC with a cnm? Is it considered this in your state because cnm are not licensed to practice homebirth? (I have a friend who considered an "unassisted" homebirth because her state would not license midwives to practice outside of hospitals, even in a birthing center type situation. This was eight years ago, not sure what states still have this kind of policy.)

Holiday Decorations Fail
  • I think that means they can give you a shot of pitocin if necessary to control bleeding. I don't think I've ever heard of a midwife using pitocin to induce labor at home. Inductions take place at the hospital.
    But midwives do carry IV bags with saline in case you are dehydrated.

Holiday Decorations Fail
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"