Birth Stories

WHAT CAME FIRST?

2»

Re: WHAT CAME FIRST?

• Contractions first. OB broke my water at the hospital
  • My water broke first, the day after my doctor told me my DS would likely be late. He was born five days early.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married my wonderful husband on 8-5-12
    BFP 5-21-13, EDD 1-25-14, Team Green became Team Blue on 1-19-14
    Hunter Lewis was 8 lbs 13 oz, 19 inches long
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first three I always had contractions and the nurses broke my water when I was between 5-7 cm dilated. I'm currently 28 weeks with baby #4 and overly excited to see whether she'll do the same as her big brother and big sisters. My first three labors lasted 7.5 - 8 hrs start to finish, my children were all 7lbs 2 or 3 oz and 20-21 inches long.
  • Contractions first. Doc broke my water and 17 mins later my lil man
  • Contractions started around 11am....got to hospital around 4pm...epidural at 7:30pm...then had my water broken shortly after that. DS arrived at 8:15ish the next morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker} image
  • DD: Induced
    DS1: Contractions, water broke sometime after 7cm
    DS2: Water broke first, contractions started a couple hours later. 
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • klvklv member
    Contractions started at 11 pm.  Dr broke my water around 10am and LO was born at 11:21 am
  • Robi1Robi1 member
    Contractions first. In fact, my water never noticeably broke. I leaked a little head water right before I started pushing, but baby came out with all the water together. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • All 3 of my births my water was broken by the doctor.

The first two were after labor started. The third time they broke my water to induce and then contractions started with in the hour.
  • Water broke first, didn't have contractions for at least 2 hrs afterwards.
  • With DS1 and DS2 I had contractions first and my water broke right before I started pushing.
    With DD my water broke first and contractions started shortly after.
    Currently 34 weeks pregnant with twin girls and interested to see how this labor starts.
    Mom to London (5), Sienna (3), and Brady (1) and...

• Contractions came first! With first son, I never even noticed when my water broke. I assume it was while I was pushing. With my second, it was immediately before pushing - my water broke and his head just dropped like a bowling ball, lol. He was out in seven minutes. 

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"