3rd Trimester

What did DH get you for Christmas?

I thought my DH knew me better...  I got a picture frame.  Granted he had it engraved but still.  I hate that I felt let down but I guess I was just expecting something diffrent.  Flame all you want but his gift from me kicked butt!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What did DH get you for Christmas?

• I got a new LCD tv and a dvd player for our bedroom.  I spend more time in there than DH does.  It's pretty nice.
  • Sounds like something my dad would get my mom for Christmas...I understand the disappointment...no flames from me!

My DH got me a bunch of things, but the one thing I was most proud of was the breastfeeding book "So that's what they're there for!" He bought it all by himself and he won't even go into the lingerie section with me when I'm looking for new bras/underwear!

• Loading the player...
  • Aw...I'm sorry you were disappointed.  My DH got me an IPOD touch (I got him the same).  We had really been wanting one.  We usually don't buy each other gifts but did this year.

• DH and I don't exchange gifts so I got a big, fat goose egg.  I got him a book from DS.
  • Awww, I would be disappointed if I felt like my DH didn't know me enough to get me something I would like... What was the kick butt gift you gave him?

My husband got me a roomba.  I love it, and he'd better never ask me to choose between him or the roomba or he might be out on the street :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Aw, I'm sorry.  Maybe he'll do better for your birthday.

Mine did well.  He got me a Kindle, a book reader from Amazon.  I love it.

• i got shoes, we went shopping a few days before christmas and he bought me 3 pairs of shoes, i told him he didnt have to get me anything...i wa pretty greatful b/c they were actually cute shoes i wanted, last year i got a pair of gym shoes from him lol
  • I got a new huge cutting board, a vacumn sealer (both things i really wanted!), a new game for my nintendo ds which was kinda an early xmas present, a picture frame that has three pics one for me him and baby, and my exercise/birthing ball.
  • imagerjade9:
    I got a new huge cutting board, a vacumn sealer (both things i really wanted!), a new game for my nintendo ds which was kinda an early xmas present, a picture frame that has three pics one for me him and baby, and my exercise/birthing ball.

oo and i forgot we bought a video camera as a together gift!

• We didn't really get much for each other this year.  We decided to save for the new baby and focus on some donations we wanted to give.

I got some PJs, soaps and a candle.  That's about it.

• I got a robe, a nice pair of pjs for post-delivery time at home, new slippers, and we got each other a video camera as our 'big' gift this year.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageJessimurph:

Awww, I would be disappointed if I felt like my DH didn't know me enough to get me something I would like... What was the kick butt gift you gave him?

My husband got me a roomba.  I love it, and he'd better never ask me to choose between him or the roomba or he might be out on the street :P

A new home theater system!  Yea, complete with a iPod dock and the DVD's he's been eyeballing the last few months...

• He got me a HD camcorder, glider, ottoman, slippers, socks, bubblegum machine (I am addicted) and then for my birthday on the 27th, a B. Mawkowsky purse (he was so proud of himself cause it was "one of those locked up purses" at Macy's). 

• I gave him a baby girl for Christmas, LOL.  We decided with the baby and all that's going on that we were not going to exchange gifts this year.  That lasted about two seconds.  He ended up getting me a badass HP photo printer, and I got him some vintage t-shirts from palmercash.com
  • imageGarnetbaby09:
    imageJessimurph:

What was the kick butt gift you gave him?

A new home theater system!  Yea, complete with a iPod dock and the DVD's he's been eyeballing the last few months...

Uhhh, yeah I'd be pissy too.  VERY pissy.

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• He got me a Nintendo DS and a few games to go with it (the BrainAge games and some crossword/word find games).

I casually mentioned to him a few months ago that I have seen several pg women in my OBs office playing the DS while waiting (the wait is forever long, they are ALWAYS running at least an hour behind). I guess he took the idea and ran with it!

He did pretty good! Although, he has used it more than me so far...hmm.

• We werent going to get each other anything and that always backfires..I got him the snuggie, that stupid tv blanket with sleeves. ?He has wanted one forever since he works from about 1am-5am in his cold office. ?He got me a pair of garnet earrings (since the baby should be born in January) and a diamond pendant with 3 stones (one for me, him and the baby). ?Yeah, I felt like a schmuck. ?Thanks for the bling, I hope you like your blanket....
  • we went shopping together and bought new wardrobe and then he got me a a doppler to use later on in pregnancy which i thought was sweet. ?my after christmas present is a snoogle and i can't wait!
  • I got a new ipod nano and a new watch! He really out did himself this Christmas!!
  • Couple of GCs and software for my Mac. We had a $50 limit that I stuck to - he did not.
  • he got me a mothers necklace
  • We werent going to do Presents but lo and behold there was a little blue box sitting on my pillow the morning of Christmas.  he got me a baby shoe charm from tiffany's for my Charm brace;et.  It is kinda cheesey but he started it when we got engaged and every major life event ( college graduation, Wedding etc.) he has gotten a charm for it.  He cooked me breakfast in bed that morning too.  It was really sweet and of course I got mad at him becasue we weren't going to do gifts so when we went out shopping on Saturday I bought him the Daddy diaper bag he had been eyeing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image

• he got me a large coach purse that i will use as a diaper bag, and a gold and diamond bracelet.  he did really well and i didn't even pick any of it out myself.

i got him a flip mino, a bunch of clothes, and a daddy and son book.  he did better than i did!!!

• We weren't going to exchange gifts with each other this year because we spent too much on DS and decided that the new baby will be our gift to each other.  But he surprised me with a gift certificate to the day spa here so I can get a massage.  It was a great surprise.  Normally I pick my own gifts out, haha!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • He got me a Clarisonic and I got him a Creative Zen V Plus and some nice earbuds. We also are getting a digital camcorder as our family gift. We can't decide which one we want though. We both did a good job on the gift front this year.
  • We decided to spend our gift money on the baby...so I didnt really expect anything from him...but I did get a "gift" from my mommy - she bought me my glider and low and behold it was delivered on Christmas day!!!  Pretty cool.

• Turbo Jam (for after baby workouts), comfy clothes, throw blanket for when I'm BFing, new purse, and a few odds and ends. 
  • I think I would be disappointed too if Ijust got a picture frame. (well unless that a special thing you have asked for).

I must say though my DH did a splendid job this year.  I got two of my books that jsut came out (by my fav author), and new gel headphones for my Mp3 Player, and a GC to Best Buy for a CD in my stocking.

For my gifts I got a new Guess Purse with Matching Wallet and a new phone.

image image

So my Christmas was awesome. I got him Madden 09 Edition of the PSP and some Texans Items.

• A video camera!
  • A big ass bottle of strivectin which I asked for and a diamond ring and a Le Creuset dutch oven.... <3!  Plus some stocking stuffers, gift cards, etc. 
  • He gave me a beautiful diamond, pearl, and platinum necklace (to match my engagement ring and pearl earrings I usually wear).  This also counts as an anniversary gift (next week is our third) and a baby gift.  :)  He also bought me a cd player/mp3 docking station for the nursery, a diaper genie, some CDs, and a cute bib that says "My Mom Rocks".  He's a great gift giver!  :)
  • I had mentioned wanting an iPod Shuffle and hubs bought me a Nano instead (and an iTunes gift card!) - I think he's having as much fun playing with it as I am though :) he has a 1st generation Shuffle already that I bought him several years ago when he graduated from the police academy - but the Nano is super cool :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"