3rd Trimester

Who has a super active baby?

This awake for 10% of the day nonsense is completely off for me.  I feel like she's moving more then she's quiet/still.  AND it's starting to get really uncomfortable...sometimes even painful.  I've been talking to a couple of pregnant co-workers and they say they're feeling movement a couple of times a day and night for 10 or 20 minutes which is WAY less then I get. 

She makes my belly sore, like I've been doing situps for hours. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

Re: Who has a super active baby?

• Mine is only super active when I'm trying to sleep.  It's so convenient.
  • As he's getting bigger, he seems to be more active. I have an anterior placenta so it felt like it took forever to start feeling him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • my ds doesn't stop moving at all.  He's up 85% of the day haha.  According to "the books" he should be moving around less, due to less room.  However, he's making more room for himself haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine is also pretty active but she rolls now instead of the sharp kicks and nudges - no more room.  Has she dropped yet?  She should soon & that helps.
  • Lillian has slowed down a ton!  It was worrying me this week but I figured I was just sittin on my booty all day so she got lazy too.  But a couple weeks ago she was nutzo most of the day.
  • My baby is SUPER active....I'm with you...she moves WAY more than she is quiet/still.
  • Mine has been super active ever since I could start feeling him/her move around. And yes, it can get uncomfortable. But I do feel more reassured having a very active baby than a sleepy baby. It does make me wonder what it will be like when it arrives though. I'm fine with it being active, as long as it still sleeps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She's pretty active.  Way more than a couple times a day.  She is starting to make me uncomfortable too.  And we have 7 more weeks!!!
  • Me too!  This child is killing my insides.  But even though having a foot in my ribs isn't a walk in the park, I'm happy my baby is really active.  Better than not felling it at all, right?

Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

• My little one is super active all night long and during the morning.  During the day it is hit and miss.  I'm sure nights are going to be really fun when he gets here if this is any indication.
  • I do. She moves way more than 10% of the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • He moves all the time except when someone wants to feel him move of course. Then he won't budge
  • He always gets active after I eat. ?Then when I sit down to rest I get lil feet in my ribs. ?Hey as long as he stays head down I can handle it :)
  • It seems like every time I sit down she starts going crazy. Last night was the first night she actually hurt me though...felt like she was pinching my belly button!
  • Harry's pretty active, butt the activity will taper off as they have less and less room to move....so don't get nervous when that happens!
  • oh yes, the super active baby HERE! he keeps me on my toes alot lately. FI was very touchy feely this week/weekend and got a glimpse of how active and how hard he kicks and moves around. lol.

• yes, the books don't tell truth to what I've been feeling!  My baby is active ALL OF THE TIME!  It's comforting at times...but then I'm like ok kid....get some rest!  And I completely agree with the whole sore belly...feels like you've been doing sit-ups! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine definitely has it's moments. She will be super active when I lay down, almost to the point where I wish she would stop. Then I feel bad because I would be worried if she didn't move. Then, when I am sitting down at work she will be kicking me like crazy and the only way I can get any relief is by sitting in one particular position.
  • Mine is 90% still during the day and every evening at 8:30pm she wakes up and starts going wild. She moves for the rest of the night. As she is getting bigger I am not feeling as many strong flips and flops, but just more strong kung-fu kicks to the ribs.

BabyFruit Ticker, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • this girl! For a while he/she calmed down but in the past few weeks, he/she goes crazy for periods of time, all day. It doesn't hurt but it is a little weird. My students think it's hilarious when they can see my belly move :)
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • My little girl has a morning, noon, and night routine.  Most of the time it does not hurt...its only when I am feeling her little elbows or knees that it gets on my nerves.  It's actually kinda funny to watch my belly move on its own. 

My FI says it looks like an alien is trying to pop out of my stomach.  I have to agree with him on that one.  LOL... Smile

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My little guy is active too...much more then my DD was.  He also has been getting hiccups EVERY night at around 11pm... right when I am trying to fall asleep!
  • this little one is WAY active - seems to be moving all day long, and often throughout the night as well... and is quite the acrobat too! my cousins could SEE it moving my belly through my shirt from across the room on Christmas morning - and they'd never seen anything like it (and they are all recent parents even!!) it's crazy - and sometimes uncomfortable (nothing like a quick sharp pain in the crotch-area eh?) but it's awesome at the same time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"