Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby bath question

When did you stop using the sling? Our tub has one and I am not sure if ds is to big for it. He seema like he is. He almost tips himself over. I of course threw the box away, so I can't look there.

Re: Baby bath question

• After the first use. ?It was easier without it.
  • Ditto J+O. I used it once and she hated it because she wasn't in the water. So sits in the tub now and loves it! splashes around. And it keeps her warmer so she seems to enjoy it a lot more [getting her out is a whole other story though]. Just make sure you hold on to them! Josie moves around so much that she comes over the hump of the tub and just about goes under. We have to keep a hand on her throughtout the whole bath.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Loading the player...
  • I got one of those teddy body sponges at BRUS and it works out really well. Its safe because you only have to put an inch or two of water in the tub, and they lay snugly in the warm sponge. Plus, its cheap,$5. I wouldn't buy another tub, etc. Too bulky to store and its a hazard if they are strong enough to move around.
  • They definitely need to be in warm water. They just get so cold in that sling. I think you should wait until the umbilical is healed though.
  • Thanks! I am taking it out. He seems cold and he hates baths. I want him to enjoy them. Plus after 2+ months of use it stinks, and I can't seem to make the stink go away. I have a teddy bear sponge from my shower so I will use that if I need the grip.
  • I agree, much easier without the sling. I put the bear sponge in the baby tub for extra support and fill the tub way up. DS loves it.

• We stopped using the sling after the first couple of weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"