1st Trimester

Stories :)) how'd you tell your spouse?

Re: Stories :)) how'd you tell your spouse?

• Since we thought that we may end up having fertility issues (due to a hereditary issue) I took 2 digital tests when I woke up one morning (I had had a dream that I took one so I did it to get my mind off if it.) it came back positive twice and I walked calmly back into our bedroom and said "hey.. Can you read this?!" He barely opened his eyes and said "WHAT?! My boys can swim!!!"
  • Over the weekend we were at a motorcycle show and I could tell something was off. I was supposed to start my period Sunday but nothing. My neighbor was pushing me to take a test but I would get scares all the time and waste money on them so I was reluctant.  This time it felt different. On Monday morning and we were rushing around getting ready for a sales meeting. We work from home and had a salesperson coming over. I went upstairs to clean up and get stuff together. I decided to just POAS anyways. I put it on the back of the toilet and walked away. Kind of forgetting about it.  Half hour later I was rushing to take a shower. I remember I had it POAS so I checked it out. Two lines. PREGNANT! I started crying right away. I grabbed it and ran down the hall screaming my husbands name. He met me at the bottom of the stairs with a look of terror on his face.  He thought I broke a leg, lost a finger or hurt myself something fierce by the way I was screaming. We hugged and went back to getting ready. 

I think he was in shock the first few days we knew.  I think it is slowly starting to sink in because I caught him looking up baby girl name. 
    :-j
  • Loading the player...
  • I told my husband this past saturday morning. He was still asleep so when i saw the positives i ran to he office and grabbed some construction paper and scribbled "roses are red, violets are blue. What we're been praying for finally came true." On the back i wrote "hi daddy! Love, baby" i was shaking uncontrollably and my heart was racing so hard it felt like it was gonna jump out of my chest.

I woke him up and said i had a late valentine's gift for him. It took him a while to get since he was still half asleep. When it finally clicked i pulled out the 3 pos tests and showed him.

We are so excited and hoping this goes well!
    Anniversary
  • I had went to the doctor because i had missed my period. I was a month behind. So i told him and he got excited. We made a doctors appointment for the next week and went and got our news. Due date October 1 !!!!!!!! 
  • Well my DD just turned 6 months on aug 7. I told H my back has really been hurting and my belly has gotten fluffy. I said I really feel like I should take a test. He kept insisting my belly was due to not working out. Lol! He's so sweet, right?! Anyways, we got two tests and I took one and sure enough there were two lines. I pull out the old one from my first (yes I kept it) and compared the two. Yeaaaaa, they look the same to me so I walk out and say what does this look like to you? He just stared and I said here's the old test . His jaw dropped and said "oh shit!" Then screamed yaaaayyyyyy!!! He's so excited that our babies will be so close in age. I'am too, he's just like a kid in the candy store.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• I had a miscarriage in dec and found out I was pregnant again in feb! I was on the phone with my friend when I took the test and I was in denial about it being positive so I sent her a picture! She called me back and was like your definitely pregnant! My H was still at work so I waited on him to get home and I put a tag on our dogs collar that said MOMMAS PREGNANT!!
  • There was no surprising my boo.  I peed. He watched. The end.
    September '14 June Siggy Challenege: Dad Eye Candy
    imageimage

IAmPregnant Ticker
    Whoa! Look at you grow!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate taking pregnancy tests because when we were trying for our first I swear I took 100 tests all came back negative (I have PCOS). After 2 years of trying, finally got pregnant. With DS #1 I finally made my DH look before me and it was positive. The 2nd DS, I peed on the stick waited for DH to get home from work and made him look first again, came back positive. To follow tradition with this baby #3, he looked first again and it came back positive. I guess he has the magic touch.
  • really crappy picture hahaha but its a shadow box and it says "Guess who's going to be a daddy!"with my first pee stick taped in it haha
  • I took a test the day before my period was due (we weren't trying to get pregnant but I knew there was a chance that I could be because we had had drunken, unprotected sex a few weeks beforehand) and got an extremely faint second line. I kept said to my husband "I think there are two lines" and he said "Nope. I only see one line. Definitely not pregnant." I thought I must just be imagining it. That night and the next day I experienced cramps like my period was about to begin so naturally I assumed that's exactly what was going to happen. Only thing was, it never arrived and my period ALWAYS arrives exactly on time. I can determine when it's coming almost down to the hour. Still I didn't put much thought into it. That evening we were doing our weekly grocery shop and I mentioned to my husband that I hadn't gotten my period today which was weird. He said "Why don't we get one of those supersonic digital pregnant things? That'll tell you once and for all" So we added a digital HPT to our shop. When we got home I went to the bathroom to take it and while it was doing it's little loading thing I walked out of the bathroom and said it my husband "It's going to be negative, I don't know why I'm doing this" and he said "Yeah definitely negative, no one gets pregnant from one time." I went back into the bathroom and looked at the test which said "pregnant" and burst into tears. My husband came rushing in, I handed him the test and he just grabbed me and held me while I cried and cried! 

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • My husband is deployed over seas so I wanted a special way to surprise him. I got a little onesie that read "Daddy's Little Caddy" and took a picture of it with the pregnancy test. It was hard to coordinate the right moment to send the email. I wanted to be on the phone with him to hear the reaction. It turned out better than I expected.
  • I found out over the weekend when my husband was away. We'd been waiting six months for this! I was estatic! When he came home I wrote in lipstick on the bathroom mirror, "Welcome home, Daddy!" We were both so excited we cried.
  • I tested while DH was at work and I couldn't believe it when it turned positive since we had just miscarried the month before. I put a big bow on our future nursery door with a tag that said "Under Construction - Coming October 2014".
    That's the cutest thing ever!
  • My DF and I realized I was a week late, so I told him I would go to the store during my lunch break (I was at work) and buy a test. I didn't really think anything of it because I've had a few scares and they all came out negative before, it was getting to the point where I didn't even think I could get pregnant. After I bought the test I came back to work and took the test and it immediately turned positive, I couldn't even comprehend what was happening, I was in such shock! Lol I called him and just said "oh my god." He knew instantly. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I took the test 8am Christmas Eve morning. My husband had to work that day, and then we had family get togethers as soon as he got off work. I wrapped up 2 positive tests, and gave them to him once we finally had privacy that night, telling him it was an early Christmas present. The worst was having the secret by myself for 14 hours and having to act normal at family gatherings.
    Kudos to you! I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut for 14 hours! I POAS while DH was on his way from home. I had to wait 35 minutes for him to get home so I could show him the BFP. That was plenty long enough for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • I told him by writing on a blank onsie with fabric markers saying "your going to be a Daddy" and on the butt I put "again".  I wrapped it up in a pretty box with the positive preg tests and gave it to him as an early valenitnes day gift!
  • The boyfriend and I had split up three days before I found out. I knocked on his door and when he answered, I told him that I was pregnant and handed him the positive home test.
  • So many cute stories..I wish I'd had the patience to think of something cute. 
    We had been trying for 8 months since our last miscarriage, and I on my way home from work (at a custard shop)  while covered in sticky frozen custard, fruits, and candies, I decided that since I was on cycle day 67 and still no period with one bfn after another...that I needed to stop at Walmart to get some lady products. On the way to the pads and tampons, I saw pregnancy tests, and even though I'd taken one not even a week before hand, and cried, and cried, and cried, I obviously needed to take one more just to make sure, right? So I bought 3. 

I got home at 1am, and my husband was already asleep. Our dog had been bad, and had peed on our bed, so he was in the guest bedroom on the twin bed, because he had to be up at 4am. I peed on a stick, and told myself that if it was negative, I'd try once more in the morning, and then I'd be done. It wasn't negative. I was so shocked, considering I'd been to the emergency room the day before for being really sick (wonder why) and they did a test and it was negative. So I ran into the bedroom, and flipped on the light, yelling at him to wake up. "Do you see the line?!" He was not happy..he yelled at me "I'm trying to sleep. It's so bright that I can't even see you, how am I supposed to see a line? A line on what?" 

So with hurt feelings I turned off the light and resorted to posting the pictures and my excitement on my blog, where all my other angel moms were awake and excited for my news. 

He didn't even remember me waking him up come morning, but I got up at 3:55, and peed on the other test, and left it on the bathroom counter. He woke me up really excited. :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just found out this week. I went to the store and picked up a Daddy's little sweetheart and daddy's MVp player outfits. Wrapped them up along with the two positive pregnancy test in a box. Told my husband when he came home that night that a came across a Xmas gift under our bed that I must have forgot to give him. He started to tear off the xmas wrapping paper opened the box and must have said "no way" a dozen times while grinning ear to ear. He loved it and we bought that it was very creative
  • With our first, I told my husband that I thought I was pregnant when he got home from work. After a short pause he proceeded to talk about what he had done at work that day, completely ignoring that fact that we were going to have a baby. For this next one I wrapped the positive pregnancy test with a box of Sugar Babies and Junior Mints and left it on the bathroom counter for him. After he opened it he walked back in the room and said, "baby #2, huh?" not quite the enthusiastic reaction I was hoping for, but it was leaps and bounds ahead of the first time. October can't get here soon enough!
    amandastentzel
  • I took the test two days after Christmas. I was very much expecting a negative since they had all been negative in the months before. My H was at work and would be for the next 8 hours. I took a Dollar Tree test, and just didn't feel 100% confident that it was correct (it said negative, but something inside me just thought, try a REAL test). I took a digital test, and it said PREGNANT! I really couldn't believe it. I ran to the store to get one more test of a different brand, and sure enough, that one said Positive too :) So I went and ran some errands and on my way home, I picked up a card, and a cheesecake. I asked the bakery to put some pink and blue question marks on the cake. I went home, wrapped it all up (sticks included). I told him that I had a Christmas present I forgot to give him. He opened it up and he said "Is this yours?" ha ha I started crying and said "Yup"! Through my tears he grabbed me and hugged me with tears in his eyes and said "Congrats baby"...I said "well congrats to both of us" ha ha...he's funny! We get to hear the heartbeat on Monday, and I couldn't be more excited!
  • I was on vacation from work this January and I was feeling like crap with a migraine, but it didn't feel like a normal migraine, it felt off. Well, I'm chronically irregular, and usually the best way to get my period to show up is to take a pregnancy test... (Seriously, there have been 4 times I have peed on a stick in the morning then started bleeding by afternoon..) So DH goes to the store and picks one up, and it's mid morning and I go pee on the stick. I put it down, and I glance and see the indicator line is showing. "Oh good it's working," I think to myself. Then I finish wiping and glance down again "That's weird, I've never seen that line before.." then I realize what I am seeing and stare at it in horror for 5 minutes. I eventually walk out of the bathroom hands shaking in horror. DH see's this and walks in and looks down at the test and starts screaming and jumping for joy.. and all I can say for the next 20 minutes is "Oh sh*t.. Oh sh*t..." over and over again. Needless to say, this baby wasn't planned, and it's daddy is currently FAR more excited than it's mommy, but I'm sure I'll get with the program once I can eat food and keep it down again.
  • I had been feeling really thirsty and really sick to my stomach for a few days and when I told my coworker he said I was pregnant. I laughed it off but on my way home that night it was bugging me. So my bf and I stopped at the store and picked up two tests. When we got home I took one and nothing showed up, not even the line that is supposed to. Since the test was blank I figured it was broken or I took it wrong. Someone told me that morning pee is better so when I woke up the next morning I took the test and about 30 seconds in it was definitely positive. I just walked into our room with the test and started crying. He looked shocked at me and we just laid in bed for an hour in silence.
  • I filled a gift box with candies and put a note on top "if I have to get fat... so do you". It took my darling a few seconds to get it but when he did he was pleased.
  • Just got my BFP on Friday. My husband was fixing something and I just walked in the room and said, "Hey, do you want to see what a positive pregnancy test looks like?" He just stared at me for a minute and then said, "Really? Of course, I do!"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I took the test in the morning after he left for work (and proceeded to squeal and cry happy tears in the bathroom) and then ran by the store on my home from work to grab a onesie. I wrapped it up and told him that it's a present for someone in our house. He listed both of our dogs, himself, and myself and I told him he was wrong each time. Then I told him to open up the gift. His reaction was priceless. :-)
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I texted him a picture of my positive test and said, "How am I supposed to teach violin with this on my mind??" (I had a day full of lessons and thought I wouldn't make it with all my excitement.) lol
  • After a long night of partying, I swore I was suffering from a severe hangover the entire day after our night out. Right before we went inside the movie theatre my SO told me he thought I should take a test. I was completely mortified and refused until the next day. So before he dropped me off at class we made a stop at walmart, and we took the test inside the womens' restroom of my university (so romantic right lol) I paced anxiously around the bathroom as he stood in the stall by the pee stick and happily presented it to me, saying "look babe you have my babe inside you" it was the sweetest thing ever. <3
  • K8D8K8D8 member
    I took my DH a Starbucks when he was busy at work and had them write "daddy" in it for the name. His response was less cute because he'd been telling me for two weeks that I was pregnant. Lol. He was pretty surprised despite that.
  • In November, I fainted at work. I was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance where I was hooked up to all kinds of monitors and had countless tests run. My boyfriend met me at the hospital. When the doctor returned with the results, he told us I was pregnant. He went on to say that the results showed that I was either just barely pregnant, or I was losing the baby. Unfortunately, the latter turned out to be true.

The second time around was much less dramatic. As it came close to the end of January, my boyfriend asked if I was late. I told him no, because I wasn't at the time. But after a week or two passed, we decided to go to Walmart for a pregnancy test. We got home, and I had to be to work in 10 minutes. But we were too impatient to wait until I got home from my shift. The box said it could take 2-10 minutes for the results to show up. But within 10 seconds, the test clearly showed I was pregnant. I took the second test the next day, just to be sure, and the same thing happened. After both tests, my boyfriend came in and looked at the test to be sure I read it right, although there was no mistaking the dark blue line.
  • First time around I was home alone so I made a cute t-shirt that said "I cant wait to meet my dad in 9 months" I put it on while DH was in the shower. When he came out and saw that he freaked :) This time, he was just downstairs & knew I was up taking the test. I did not expect it to be positive but it was so I had few options. I came down stairs and said "Do you think our little one is ready to be a big brother?" :)
  • Id been craving green cocktail olives so when I brought some home by husband said, "uh-oh, you don't like olives" I told him he was full of it and a few days later we found out together after 2 tests that apparently it was I who was "full of it" lol.  Both happy to hear the news after "sorta trying/ sorta not trying" for 2 years. yay!
  • The first time I gift wrapped my test and gave it to him.  I was our anniversary. Unfortunately I miscarried. Then 2nd time it was 5 days before AF was due to come. I felt strange and had a leftover HPT and peed on it....I texted him a picture cuz I got a squinter.  He texted back with "holy cow, are we pregnant again?"  Guess it wasn't that much of a squinter!!!
  • Hubs had no idea I was poas. I had felt like I was about to start my period any second for at least a week - cramps, backache, tired/ trouble sleeping, swollen boobs - just no period. It had been getting a little lighter & shorter every month since my iud was removed (for medical reasons, not necessarily ttc) but I had still been at least spotting like clockwork. One night while doing laundry I poas that came with opk for peace of mind... but that second line was dark before the control line & before I could even set the test down on the back of the toilet to finish the paper work!
    I walked into the living room where hubs was sitting & had started telling me a story about a cabelas order that was being delivered in-store for pick up... He stopped mid-sentence when he saw my deer-in-the-headlights-wtf-is-happening look on my face and asked what's wrong. I said (somehow without a quiver), you go ahead, finish your story. He did, then said okay your turn, what is going on? I held up the test and said it was positive. Response: WHAT? And you let me ramble on like that about a silly order amidst our destiny??
    Although a bit of a surprise, we are giddy beyond belief!
  • I called him from my job and told him... all I said was we r having a baby.. I was so happy I cried n told him I wanted to come home.. he said we'll celebrate when u get home. then when I made it home, he said "baby u told me that and I almost smoked a whole pack of cigarettes.
  • I took 2 tests last night that both came up positive.  I put those in a card.  My husband and I celebrate our 1 year anniversary on Monday (2 days from now).  I made him open up his early anniversary gift this morning.  =)
  • I was at my grandmother's, taking care of her at the time. We had been trying for several Yeats with no success. He had been hounding me for a couple of weeks to take a test, but I didn't want to put myself through the disappointment of yet another nrgative., so I stalled. I told him that I was finally going to take one because one of my favorite foods grossed me out so much that I had gotten sick.
    The next morning I texted him a picture of the test :)
  • I just found out this past Saturday. My husband is in the military and was out doing over night training though. It took EVERYTHING in my power to not send him a text, but I knew I wouldn't be happy telling him then not get to talk well into the night about it :) So I waited, went to the store that night and bought a foam baseball bat and ball then wrote him a note that said "Well, looks like we'll be filling that 4th seat at the table after all. Here's to hoping its a boy!" UNFORTUNATELY, due to an incriminating HPT wrapper I SWORE I put in the trash, he saw it laying by the toilet when he came home and said "Are we pregnant?" UGH!!! He was only joking, not even thinking I would say yes because we weren't trying for another baby. But I didn't know that and screeched at him "You just ruined my surprise!" LOL. He looked at me and was like "WE'RE PREGANNT!?" Not exactly how I had planned the scene but it was still a good memory. I made sure to give him a few wallops with the foam bat for good measure though ;) 
  • I POS and told him. It was so romantic.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Funny story.. My boyfriend kept saying babe your pregnant your 6 to 8weeks one day I woke up really sick he said morning sickness took me to the doctor they said congrats your 7weeks3days pregnant and he looked at me and said told ya so :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"