May 2014 Moms
Options

UO

Re: UO

• Options
    kramja01 said:
    I don't know if this is a UO here or not, but I HATE onesies and little girl clothes with stuff like "spoiled" or "queen bee" or "princess" written on them. I also get kind of annoyed when DH's relatives say stuff like "awww, she's going to be beautiful" or "what a pretty princess." I know they are coming from a loving place, but the qualities I would like to instill in my daughter are love, loyalty, self-sufficiency, intelligence, curiosity, a sense of humor, etc, etc. I don't think I can bear to put LO in a glittery hot pink onesie that says "spoiled brat." Yuck.
    I absolutely agree!

I feel the same way about obnoxious boy onsies that say things like "Ladies Man" or "I'm a Boob guy". Like, how is that cute? To me, it's gross. It's a baby. Girl or Boy, putting all that social, judgmental, peer-ranking stuff on their t-shirts just starts everyone off on the wrong track.

I also think it's creepy when new moms (and their friends) refer to new babies as "their boy friends". Like ew, it's a baby. I guess I just feel like kids already grow up so fast, why do we need to start applying genderized labels to their personalities and relations relationships to them at birth. By the time they are 12 these kids will be so overly self-aware of what relationships and social status mean, it's almost sad.

/end rant
    I am guilty of this with my BFF who is having a girl in March.  Our moms were pregnant with the two of us at the same time and we are still friends and I would love for our kids to have a lasting friendship like that because I treasure it so much.  Mostly we just joke that they will be prom dates, but I am in no way serious about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kageer said:

SNOakes said:

I hate to open this can of worms, but a friend posted a video on Facebook today of her two sons running around her house shooting guns at each other (toy guns). One son is first or second grade, the other is about 2 years old.

My UO, guns are not toys! In my house we don't buy DS toy guns and we don't pretend we are shooting. To me, guns are meant to be taken seriously and it's not ok to teach your kid that guns are a source of fun. Heaven forbid a child who plays with guns finds a real one and "pretends" to shoot someone, I just can't imagine. DH is a marine and is trained extensively on guns and gun safety. We own guns and they are in a locked safe and when the time comes we will teach him proper use and how serious they are. But for the time being, he is not being taught that guns are fun toys.

How old are your kids? We don't own guns, watch violent games or movies in our house yet our 4.5 son plays pretend fight and shoot and will make a gun out of anything-he doesn't need a toy gun. His fingers works just fine. I guess what I am saying is don't be surprised when your kid turns his hands into a pretend weapon some day.
    He's almost three. And I know he will do it on his own eventually, but I will do my best to stop him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hcorcoran said:
    kramja01 said:
    I don't know if this is a UO here or not, but I HATE onesies and little girl clothes with stuff like "spoiled" or "queen bee" or "princess" written on them. I also get kind of annoyed when DH's relatives say stuff like "awww, she's going to be beautiful" or "what a pretty princess." I know they are coming from a loving place, but the qualities I would like to instill in my daughter are love, loyalty, self-sufficiency, intelligence, curiosity, a sense of humor, etc, etc. I don't think I can bear to put LO in a glittery hot pink onesie that says "spoiled brat." Yuck.
    I absolutely agree!

I feel the same way about obnoxious boy onsies that say things like "Ladies Man" or "I'm a Boob guy". Like, how is that cute? To me, it's gross. It's a baby. Girl or Boy, putting all that social, judgmental, peer-ranking stuff on their t-shirts just starts everyone off on the wrong track.

I also think it's creepy when new moms (and their friends) refer to new babies as "their boy friends". Like ew, it's a baby. I guess I just feel like kids already grow up so fast, why do we need to start applying genderized labels to their personalities and relations relationships to them at birth. By the time they are 12 these kids will be so overly self-aware of what relationships and social status mean, it's almost sad.

/end rant
    I am guilty of this with my BFF who is having a girl in March.  Our moms were pregnant with the two of us at the same time and we are still friends and I would love for our kids to have a lasting friendship like that because I treasure it so much.  Mostly we just joke that they will be prom dates, but I am in no way serious about it.
    Oh, it's totally different when you joke kids the same age will "date" or whatever. But I'm talking about grown women referring to babies as their boyfriends. My husbands co-worker had a baby last June and when she sent an email with a picture to the office to let everyone know baby Ryder had arrived and all was well, the admin person that distributed the announcement email titled it, "my new boyfriend has arrived". To me, that's gross.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    TaylorHam86TaylorHam86 member
    edited February 2014
    kramja01 said:
    I absolutely agree!

/end rant
    I completely agree with the onesies. I don't really like words on shirts (or walls, for that matter) to begin with, but I know that will change with my baby. We already have words for his nursery walls.

And I don't think this is what you meant, but S/O: I hate it when kids/teenagers call babies or younger kids their boyfriend or girlfriend. It's usually girls who do it. If a babysitter refers to one of my stepsons as her boyfriend, you better believe she doesn't get called back to babysit again.

ETA disclaimer: IDK if that's a UO or not.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    IBackBevoIBackBevo member
    edited February 2014
    hcorcoran said:

Bliz1712 said:

I think it's completely rude to come back immediately after maternity leave and quit.  You should have had the balls to quit before you left and then taken leave unpaid.  Why should a company pay you to be gone only to have you quit less than a month after you return.

Hcorcoran wrote:
    After seeing some of the other posts about benefits, I am not sure where I stand on this one.  I am a teacher so my perspective is a little different than someone who works for a business.  We had a teacher who went on maternity leave in August and stayed out until December and then resigned.  As someone who has done a lot of hiring, it sucks having to hire mid year.  It's not good for the kids and you typically aren't getting the best candidates because those people all were hired back in August.

That being said, our schedule is WAY different than most other jobs, so I think it is different in this situation.

Bevo wrote:
    This is the other reason I think it is shitty. Very few people have jobs that affect no one else if you quit with little notice. At a minimum, it affects your coworkers. Especially in the case of smaller businesses. My dh had this done to him by what was at the time his ONLY employee. He had to hire a temp while she was out ( which is very expensive), train the temp, etc. And she kept saying she was coming back even after she was on leave over and over again. But she never did. She would say, "I'm going to start back next week." Then the next week would come and go. He finally had to tell her you start back by this date or I have to replace you. We ended up having to replace her.

Yes, I get that there are special snowflake situations where someone ends up with a very premature baby or a special needs child and this changes things. Or a woman just ends up feeling completely different than she thought she would....although even in that circumstance I think the right thing to do is return long enough for them to hire a replacement. However, I think more women than not have at least some inkling ahead of time. You know ahead of time whether being a SAHM is financially feasible. You know ahead of time if daycare/childcare costs are going to leave you basically making peanuts. And I think if you know yourself well, you have some general idea of whether you are the sort of person who likes their job and takes satisfaction from it or, alternatively, will be a basket case leaving a baby to go to work. Maybe not always, but a lot of the time. I would elaborate more but ds is demanding my attention now.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    hcorcoran said:
    kramja01 said:
    I absolutely agree!

/end rant
    Oh, it's totally different when you joke kids the same age will "date" or whatever. But I'm talking about grown women referring to babies as their boyfriends. My husbands co-worker had a baby last June and when she sent an email with a picture to the office to let everyone know baby Ryder had arrived and all was well, the admin person that distributed the announcement email titled it, "my new boyfriend has arrived". To me, that's gross.
    Ok, that is super creepy!!
  • Options
    meli1025 said:
    IBackBevo said:
    People taking maternity benefits and then quitting is one reason why so many small and midsized companies don't offer paid maternity leave. (I am not talking about accrued pto or disability benefits, but true paid maternity.) So, yeah, when you do that you just screw women down the line.
    I think this is the important distinction. I feel like I earned my PTO. Likewise, I pay to have short-term disability, so I wouldn't feel like I was abusing it if I returned and quit. But yah, taking true maternity leave where a company is paying you as a courtesy and then quitting upon your return is not going to help other women down the line. 
    This I agree with.

Off to create a clicky poll about who actually gets MATERNITY benefits...

I agree with this as well. Full, company paid maternity leave....that's not right. Disability or earned PTO, not a big deal. FTR, my company does not offer paid maternity leave. It's all STD and PTO.
    I'm going to jump on this bandwagon as well. I honestly don't know what I'm planning to do after the baby is born. I love my job, but I also want to be home with my baby. DH and I have done all the calculations, and we could make it just fine if I became a SAHM, but I honestly don't know if 3 weeks into it I'm going to go stir crazy and feel the need to go back to work. All my leave pay is accrued sick time, vacation time, and short-term disability. Basically my plan is to exhaust my sick time and hopefully by then I'll have a decision made. I'm going to tell my employer that I plan to be out for 12 weeks, so that should still give them 6-8 weeks to replace me if I decide not to come back.

image     image    
  • Options
    AllibobAllibob member
    edited February 2014
    megmegs said:

This may be less of a UO and more of a "things that bug me that no one else cares about," but I hate this trend on TV toward giving medical issues cutesy nicknames. So far today, I've seen commercials for drugs for AFib and Low-T. I think I'm going to start referring to my constipation as lo-flo to make it cuter.

It's not actually a made up cutesy nickname, it's what doctors really call it. I think they include it in case people recognize that term better than atrial fibrillation. There are lots of common medical abbreviations out there.
  • Options
    Allibob said:
    This may be less of a UO and more of a "things that bug me that no one else cares about," but I hate this trend on TV toward giving medical issues cutesy nicknames. So far today, I've seen commercials for drugs for AFib and Low-T. I think I'm going to start referring to my constipation as lo-flo to make it cuter.
    It's not actually a made up cutesy nickname, it's what doctors really call it. I think they include it in case people recognize that term better than atrial fibrillation. There are lots of common medical abbreviations out there.
    Interesting! I didn't know that (obviously).
    Tobin Chase, born April 20, 2014
  • Options
    Allibob said:

megmegs said:

Yeah when my uncle was having heart problems the dr used a-fib. Granted we have enough medical people in our family that I know the full term but I don't know that most lay people would. To me it's the same as calling all Ibuprofen Tylenol.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options

kramja01 said:

I'm a pretty big anti-gender stereotype person-as much as possible at least. This was the only "princess" shirt DD had. 

This picture of her is adorable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Kageer said:

SNOakes said:

I hate to open this can of worms, but a friend posted a video on Facebook today of her two sons running around her house shooting guns at each other (toy guns). One son is first or second grade, the other is about 2 years old.

My UO, guns are not toys! In my house we don't buy DS toy guns and we don't pretend we are shooting. To me, guns are meant to be taken seriously and it's not ok to teach your kid that guns are a source of fun. Heaven forbid a child who plays with guns finds a real one and "pretends" to shoot someone, I just can't imagine. DH is a marine and is trained extensively on guns and gun safety. We own guns and they are in a locked safe and when the time comes we will teach him proper use and how serious they are. But for the time being, he is not being taught that guns are fun toys.

How old are your kids? We don't own guns, watch violent games or movies in our house yet our 4.5 son plays pretend fight and shoot and will make a gun out of anything-he doesn't need a toy gun. His fingers works just fine. I guess what I am saying is don't be surprised when your kid turns his hands into a pretend weapon some day.

Yeah my daughter did that. I told her no, we don't have pretend guns of ANY kind, including fingers. Simple solution to that. 

Well I guess this is my UO-when my son plays pretend gun and is shooting monsters or aliens I don't mind. He knows it is not okay to shoot people or animals. But for him it is a type of fantasy play and I am okay with that.
  • Options

I like McDonald's. I only eat 4 things from there though: Big Macs, french fries, McFlurries and McChickens. I looooooooove McChickens. So. much. mayo.

I eat the fries. Not a fan of the sandwiches though.
  • Options
    kitchencolors said: kimberlykl2009 said:

Yah, it doesn't remind me of a child's in any way. In fact I think hair sort of reminds me of a pre-pubescent 'haven't figured this out yet' kind of stage I might've gone through around 12. Bottom line: what everyone wants to do with their hair is totes fine by me.... unless you give it one of those green and red dye jobs that is meant to look like a strawberry (I'd insert a gif here but I'm using my work computer during lunch, very NSFW) ;)  
    This is exactly the kind of comment that grinds my gears.  We run into problems when we start talking about how hair makes us more or less womanly - either way.  The implication that mine makes me look pre-pubescent and awkward annoys me just as much as other people are annoyed at the implication that theirs makes them look like a child. 
    Sorry! Poor word choice on my part, not being judgey. What I mean to say is that the hair
    on me reminds me of that stage of my life, not that I think other women who maintain differently are pre-pubescent and awkward. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options

I like McDonald's. I only eat 4 things from there though: Big Macs, french fries, McFlurries and McChickens. I looooooooove McChickens. So. much. mayo.
    I eat the fries. Not a fan of the sandwiches though.
    I will only eat the fries-so salty! and the occasional grilled chicken sandwhich. and the SHAMROCK SHAKES!! I will gladly admit I have been stalking the McD's down the street from me..
  • Options
    I think ALL baby shower related posts should be posted on the baby shower board.

I would agree with this, except the Baby Shower Board is more like the "Etiquette Board" and those bitches scare me sometimes. I feel like the only posts over there that get any attention are the ones where someone is (a) too involved in their own shower, or (b) doing a diaper raffle, books instead of cards, having guest address their own thank yous, or something else they can flame them for. I don't think there's many people there who just want to discuss how to throw a great shower. 
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    1- I hate boy clothing! I don't find them cute, and trying to find stuff to put on a registry or giving ideas to my Mom is hard. I hate going to Target and seeing all the cute girl clothes, then see the boys and feel completely uninspired. My MIL sent me my DH's old baby clothes from the 80's. That I loved, but of course it's hard to find vintage or vintage looking clothing that don't cost an arm and a leg. 

2- Besides trains, legos, and play doh, I have no idea what I'm doing or how to play with a boy. I know that will change as time goes on, but it's how I feel right now. My wretched nephews don't help though....
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think ALL baby shower related posts should be posted on the baby shower board.

I would agree with this, except the Baby Shower Board is more like the "Etiquette Board" and those bitches scare me sometimes. I feel like the only posts over there that get any attention are the ones where someone is (a) too involved in their own shower, or (b) doing a diaper raffle, books instead of cards, having guest address their own thank yous, or something else they can flame them for. I don't think there's many people there who just want to discuss how to throw a great shower. 
    Agreed - and I'd love to see how many of the "etiquette queens" had something "tacky" at their shower since, you know, they had absolutely NOTHING to do with the planning of their own showers.  
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:
    My UO is inspired by the ladyscaping poll- I don't understand going completely bare down there. I agree with not having a 1970s bush(except when we are pregnant and can't maintain everything so well). That being said, I could be convinced otherwise.
    I have a weird issue with body hair - I don't think you should have hair anywhere other than your head (eyebrows included).  I've tried the whole "landing strip" thing but it just creeps me out.  Maybe that's my UO.
    ETA: I said "you" - poor word choice.  Obviously I don't care what anyone else does with their own body hair.  I'm only talking about myself.  I don't think I should have hair anywhere other than my head :)
    Any?  How hairy are you if you left it alone?  How much time and effort do you put into that decision? 

I only ask because, basically, I'm a hairy beast who mostly doesn't do any "grooming."  I shave my pits and try to keep myself goatee-free, but otherwise I mostly don't bother.  I have no idea what kind of time commitment a bald body would require for you, but for me it might take a part-time employee to keep that up.
  • Options
    My UO is that I hate polyester clothing. It is not a forgiving fabric and it doesn't wick well if you are sweating (I live in FL, so there is a lot of sweat around these parts ;)
  • Options
    My other UO (that I just remembered) is that I didn't like the Dr. Sears pregnancy book AT ALL. Mostly because of his tone, which I found to be very holier-than-thou, and his attitude toward women seemed stereotyped at best. Also, his gem-of-a-line about women's physical PP concerns: "Don't worry if your breasts are lopsided from feeding on one side. Your body will never be the same anyways." Really dude? 
  • Options
    kramja01 said:
    I grew up "Daddy's princess".  Was I spoiled?  Yes.  Overly girly?  Sometimes.  But I am incredibly self-sufficient, independent, and relatively smart among other things.  I've never had to rely on a man, never allowed any guy to treat me like garbage, and never pretended to be an idiot (I'm a HS teacher and it kills me when really smart girls try so hard to pretend they're ditzy - I guess they think it's cute?).    

So my UO would be that I can't stand the holier than thou "omg I'm SO anti gender-stereotyping" and "the baby will decide its own gender when its older" attitude (not that you're coming off this way but I feel like this post can lead to that).  Here is an example of what I'm talking about - it irritates me. In my [probably very unpopular] opinion, that attitude comes off as preachy and trying too hard.  But then again, I can't stand PC crap in general.  

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Mimaloo said:

Agreed - and I'd love to see how many of the "etiquette queens" had something "tacky" at their shower since, you know, they had absolutely NOTHING to do with the planning of their own showers.  
    Meh.  Most of the posts that blow up over there are started by people asking if something that they're planning is rude and then flippping out when they're told that, yes it is rude.

My shower wasn't tacky. I had nothing to do with planning it aside from picking the date.  There were no gifting rules.  All food and drinks were organized and paid for by the host.  I wrote my own thank you notes and had them out in a week. It's really not that hard to be a good host and not make your guests feel put upon.
    I lurk over there a lot and yes, there are enough posts where the OP feeds into the drama. However, I don't know if I'd say MOST are like that. 

There's a difference between telling someone that yes, something is tacky and every other diva on that board (a few special snowflakes come to mind) chiming in with a snide remark, a redundant reprimand, or a gif. 

They like to beat the dead horses over there.      
  • Options
    ALE515 said:
    1- I hate boy clothing! I don't find them cute, and trying to find stuff to put on a registry or giving ideas to my Mom is hard. I hate going to Target and seeing all the cute girl clothes, then see the boys and feel completely uninspired. My MIL sent me my DH's old baby clothes from the 80's. That I loved, but of course it's hard to find vintage or vintage looking clothing that don't cost an arm and a leg. 

2- Besides trains, legos, and play doh, I have no idea what I'm doing or how to play with a boy. I know that will change as time goes on, but it's how I feel right now. My wretched nephews don't help though....
    1- I'm getting negative feedback for having a full set of boys clothing on my registry. But it's all dragon themed! If they made girls dragon themed onesies, I'd buy them. But I don't mind putting my girl in blue if there are tiny dragons all over it. I put some girl stuff on, but I loathe cupcakes and all the "spoiled/princess/brat" word shirts and that feels Ike the only kind of onesies I can find apart from ducks (not a fave either) and elephants/owls (which are cute)

2- Just starting out, all babies play the same. They only really split out when baby starts to express an interest in something else or the parents decide to buy trucks/dolls. My niece, super girly, and my nephews all loved playdoh and Legos. Those feel pretty universal.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options

ALE515 said:
    On one hand, I totally understand your feeling of being at sea.  I took my cues from the toys my sister and in-laws got him because they know more about kids than I do, and from the milestone thing because there are hints as to what sort of activities babies might be ready for at various ages.  My son is 18 months old.  He likes stuffed animals and books, and is starting to enjoy giant legos and those wood puzzles where the pieces have handles.  Also our leftover food containers, and pots and pans, and measuring cups and spoons.  He's also starting to get coordinated enough to enjoy songs with actions, although he usually doesn't get the actions totally right.  Pretty sure if he were a daughter he would be fine with that all of that too, incidentally.  When they're small, they play with whatever you have.  Try not to worry.

On the other hand, making such a big deal out of "boy playing" bugs the crap out of me.  I had a dump truck, play dough, and lego sets when I was little, and I have always found dolls to be rather creepy.  Were you a fluffy pink princess surrounded by baby dolls when you were little?  That's the only reason I can come up with for expressing your uncertainties as not knowing how to play with boys except for a few stereotypes.  Playing with a kid when you've never played with a kid before is a daunting proposition, but you can just follow his lead.  He might want to be a fluffy pink princess surrounded by baby dolls for all you know. 

Good luck with motherhood.  (not sarcasm.)  Now I need to go simmer down.  *grumbly grumbles*
  • Options
    I'm sure these have all been covered several times, but I'm supposed to be working and don't have time to read all the recent UO threads.

I have zero interest in the Olympics, and I don't feel unpatriotic at all for not watching. I'm no less loyal to my homeland just because I don't care about sports.

I also couldn't care less about award shows.

I used to love Girl Scout cookies, but I think they're overrated and increasingly overpriced. I'll buy a box or two from a local kid just to show support, but I could easily go without. The Keebler knockoffs taste just as good to me.

I think big look-at-me parties (engagement parties, gender reveal parties, etc.) are selfish and silly. A small get-together with the closest friends and family members who are genuinely interested, sure, but a giant event just for attention and gifts is tacky.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options

I don't know if this will be UO or not, but it's all I have.  I hate viewings before funerals.  I think they are creepy and I really have no desire to see my loved ones like that.  That is not how I want to remember them.

I agree. We declined when people asked to view my mum's body. She died of cancer and liver failure so she was bald, bloated and yellow. She didn't want anyone to see her like that. It's only a person's remains.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options

ALE515 said:
    On one hand, I totally understand your feeling of being at sea.  I took my cues from the toys my sister and in-laws got him because they know more about kids than I do, and from the milestone thing because there are hints as to what sort of activities babies might be ready for at various ages.  My son is 18 months old.  He likes stuffed animals and books, and is starting to enjoy giant legos and those wood puzzles where the pieces have handles.  Also our leftover food containers, and pots and pans, and measuring cups and spoons.  He's also starting to get coordinated enough to enjoy songs with actions, although he usually doesn't get the actions totally right.  Pretty sure if he were a daughter he would be fine with that all of that too, incidentally.  When they're small, they play with whatever you have.  Try not to worry.

On the other hand, making such a big deal out of "boy playing" bugs the crap out of me.  I had a dump truck, play dough, and lego sets when I was little, and I have always found dolls to be rather creepy.  Were you a fluffy pink princess surrounded by baby dolls when you were little?  That's the only reason I can come up with for expressing your uncertainties as not knowing how to play with boys except for a few stereotypes.  Playing with a kid when you've never played with a kid before is a daunting proposition, but you can just follow his lead.  He might want to be a fluffy pink princess surrounded by baby dolls for all you know. 

Good luck with motherhood.  (not sarcasm.)  Now I need to go simmer down.  *grumbly grumbles*
    Yes and no! Every year for Christmas my grandpa would get me a Hess truck. But the wrestling, and making fart noises like my nephews do, are so not me. Every tells me that he'll be mine so I can stop him from making those noises and playing rough, but I feel like once they come into their own, they'll continue. Again, my only examples are my nephews and they are hell raisers.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    XathXath member
    edited February 2014
    ALE515  EDIT: Don't know what is going on with Bump formatting right now.  
    I wouldn't worry about it.  Every kid is different, and they pick up a lot from their environment.  DS1 likes all sorts of things right now.  He plays with his Batman cars, builds legos and blocks, enjoys his stacking tower, makes food in his play kitchen, throws balls, spins in circles, reading letters, naming colors, pretending he's any of the characters from Super Why, putting his baby doll to bed, etc.  Your son will get a lot of his likes/dislikes from you and your H, and model after your behavior.  There's something to be said for "boys will be boys" in terms of behavior, but that doesn't mean that they'll
    only do things that have been stereotyped as boyish.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Mimaloo said:
    My UO is inspired by the ladyscaping poll- I don't understand going completely bare down there. I agree with not having a 1970s bush(except when we are pregnant and can't maintain everything so well). That being said, I could be convinced otherwise.
    I have a weird issue with body hair - I don't think you should have hair anywhere other than your head (eyebrows included).  I've tried the whole "landing strip" thing but it just creeps me out.  Maybe that's my UO.
    ETA: I said "you" - poor word choice.  Obviously I don't care what anyone else does with their own body hair.  I'm only talking about myself.  I don't think I should have hair anywhere other than my head :)
    Any?  How hairy are you if you left it alone?  How much time and effort do you put into that decision? 

I only ask because, basically, I'm a hairy beast who mostly doesn't do any "grooming."  I shave my pits and try to keep myself goatee-free, but otherwise I mostly don't bother.  I have no idea what kind of time commitment a bald body would require for you, but for me it might take a part-time employee to keep that up.
    Lol.  I'm a waxer and I have it all taken off every 4-6 weeks (except my pits - I shave those).  Luckily, I'm not a "hairy beast" (my brother got the hairy gene!) If I shave my legs in the morning though, I have stubble by bedtime.  
    However, pregnancy has made me a freak of nature.  A lot of my pregnant friends say their hair growth is out of control - mine has all but stopped!  Seriously, it's crazy (in an amazingly good way) but I can go a week without shaving my legs and you can barely tell.  I don't know what it is about hair - just one of my quirks.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"