Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Sperm meets egg plan (SMEP) - bfp mentioned

emslade982emslade982 member
edited February 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I just thought I would throw in my success story in hopes that it helps somebody out who's just started TTC. After two months of no success, I gave the SMEP a try and we lucked out with a BFP. We are expecting a boy this June! Basically we switched things up in terms of our sexy time timing AND in addition we stopped doing missionary and did only doggy style. Turns out my ultrasounds showed i have a tipped uterus which explains why missionary didnt work for two months. Go figure! Anyway just thought I'd throw it out there.  Another tip: PreSeed lubricant. Just a bit as needed really helps prevent rawness from all the sexy time! Best of luck to all!!

Edit by mod: removed link.
Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15

Re: Sperm meets egg plan (SMEP) - bfp mentioned

• Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited February 2014
    I just thought I would throw in my success story in hopes that it helps somebody out who's just started TTC. After two months of no success, I gave the SMEP a try and we lucked out with a BFP. We are expecting a boy this June! Basically we switched things up in terms of our sexy time timing AND in addition we stopped doing missionary and did only doggy style. Turns out my ultrasounds showed i have a tipped uterus which explains why missionary didnt work for two months. Go figure! Anyway just thought I'd throw it out there. https://spermmeetseggplan.com/ Another tip: PreSeed lubricant. Just a bit as needed really helps prevent rawness from all the sexy time! Best of luck to all!!

ETA: QFP

Go away OP.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Shoo fly.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seriously!? Sperm meets egg plan? Um yeah I don't think anyone needs to be told how to have sex and oooooh a whole 2 months... Congrats??

Hmmm although maybe that's all of our problems we aren't doing it doggy style that's gotta be why we all get BFN's lol
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• Options
    MrsP924 said:

Seriously!? Sperm meets egg plan? Um yeah I don't think anyone needs to be told how to have sex and oooooh a whole 2 months... Congrats??

Hmmm although maybe that's all of our problems we aren't doing it doggy style that's gotta be why we all get BFN's lol

Oh, no worries, got that part covered :p.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I'm sorry I thought this was for people who were new to TTC, didn't mean to piss everyone off. I read about the plan on here a while ago and thought i would offer friendly advice. No need to get nasty.
    Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15
  • Options
    EllyD14 said:

janda426 said:

::looks around:: where does it say "new to TTC"?

Maybe she was trying the PSEP (Parallel Sperm Egg Plan) before, where the sperm and egg just walk by eachother without making any contact. I can see how she'd be confused. I know it's weird OP, but yeah the sperm actually has to touch the egg to implant. Science right? Ugh. I'm sorry you had to wait 2 months to figure that out :(

But cooties.

I know!! Yuck.
  • Options
    Wow I'm sorry I thought this was for people who were new to TTC, didn't mean to piss everyone off. I read about the plan on here a while ago and thought i would offer friendly advice. No need to get nasty.
    If you had lurked at all, you would see that many of the women on this board have been trying for far longer than two months.

You grunting about the whole two months it took does not go over well.

We haven't started yet but if it only takes us two months I will feel beyond surprised and blessed.
  • Options

EllyD14 said:

I just thought I would throw in my success story in hopes that it helps somebody out who's just started TTC. After two months of no success, I gave the SMEP a try and we lucked out with a BFP. We are expecting a boy this June! Basically we switched things up in terms of our sexy time timing AND in addition we stopped doing missionary and did only doggy style. Turns out my ultrasounds showed i have a tipped uterus which explains why missionary didnt work for two months. Go figure! Anyway just thought I'd throw it out there.

https://spermmeetseggplan.com/

Another tip: PreSeed lubricant. Just a bit as needed really helps prevent rawness from all the sexy time! Best of luck to all!!

I literally LOL'd at this.  I can't stop watching it.

Efq----

Haha me too!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EllyD14 said:
    But cooties.
    You said but cooties
    I definitely did.  I was so tempted to add the extra t, but thought it would be too obvious.  lol  So glad you're here!
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    /scratches head......I wonder if this is what my gyno was trying to tell me !  8-}

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @CLECyclist  wellllll, when you put it to the tune of Safety Dance....

..nope.  nope.  Still can't stand it ;)

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• Options
    janda426 said:
    janda426 said:
    ::looks around:: where does it say "new to TTC"? Maybe she was trying the PSEP (Parallel Sperm Egg Plan) before, where the sperm and egg just walk by eachother without making any contact. I can see how she'd be confused. I know it's weird OP, but yeah the sperm actually has to touch the egg to implant. Science right? Ugh. I'm sorry you had to wait 2 months to figure that out :(
    But cooties.
    I know!! Yuck.
    I'm protected by my cootie shot. Did you get your cootie shots?
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    rlyttle said:

Thanks for the tip!!  :-/

TWSS!

ZING!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DovahFel said:
    This may sound like a stupid question but Sperm meet egg? What's the other way? How else are you suppose to get pregnant if the sperm doesn't meet the egg? Am I totally missing something?
    Kind of reminds me of a 6 year old that walked right up to a friend of mine when it got out that he and his wife were expecting:

"Did you get pregnant the normal way, or did you have sex?!"

Yeah.....
    I almost spit my Sprite onto my iPad. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I totally did not know this! I thought the sperm just had to touch you and you would get pregnant! I've been doing it wrong this whole time! Thank you for opening my eyes. I would have been wandering in the darkness for so long!

Mind = BLOWN
    **May 2015 Siggy **imageFav Holiday Movie
    "Meet me in St. Louis"
    imageimageimage
    photo 8d082fa1-60bf-4c58-9505-dc8820557700.jpg
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Seriously... I have a tilted uterus too but at this point I think the neighborhood dogs would be jealous of my form and technique. Grats on only needing 3 months. Fml. GTFO

~*~ TTC Baby #2 ~*~
    Me: 30 
    DF: 29 DS: 10
    Angel Babies: July, September, and December 2013

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"