1st Trimester

Stories :)) how'd you tell your spouse?

I am curious and want to see how other did this. How did you all tell your spouse once you found out you were pregnant? Did you take the test together?? :)

Re: Stories :)) how'd you tell your spouse?

• 'Hey, do you see a line'. Followed up with 'oh my God, I am pregnant'.
    That was for both DD and this LO. both in the kitchen

That's exactly what I did. I went to the kitchen and asked if he saw the line and then we both were like "oh my god we're pregnant"
  • Loading the player...
  • I shook him awake in the middle of the night, shoved a digital in his face and asked him to read it to be sure I hadn't misread. He rolled his eyes, told me "Duh, of course it worked" (all of our FETs with good quality embryos have worked) and went back to sleep while I had a panic attack because in my mind pregnancy always ended in miscarriage and I didn't want to go through another loss.

I might have bothered with cute if we had gotten pregnant in the first year. After 4 years, 6 IVF transfers, and two traumatic losses- there was no cute left.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • First time I thought I saw a line and so I took a digi. I was waiting for it when my husband knocked and said he had to use the bathroom. I put the test in a spot I would never look on the shelf above the toliet. Of course that is exactly where my dh was looking. He came out and said, "That thing says we're pregnant!" So really he got to tell me.

The second time I thought I was pg but we were away at a cousin's wedding. We bought the tests together but then he went to see his brother. I took the test and just left it on the sink. He came back to the room and I told him to go get ready in the bathroom.

The third time I took a test thought it was negative and threw it away. I was upset so I fished it out of the garbage later to look again and I saw a faint line. Of course it was outside the time limit so I waited until that afternoon, took another and it was positive. I wrote on the mirror: Are you sure you want to do this again?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had bought a onsie from the university we both went too when we first started TTC (Oct 2012). I had hidden it away in my drawer and he didn't know. I took one in the morning before work, it was positive so I went in to our bedroom with the positive test, held up the onsie and said "It doesn't fit now, but it should in September" and proceed to burst into tears. We were so happy to have success after our 2nd IUI. 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • I had DD pick out any card she wanted to give to DH. She picked out a happy birthday 2 year old card because it had a picture of ice cream, ha ha. Anyway, we met up with him for dinner after we got off work and she gave him the card. Inside I wrote (from her) that she wanted to give him and card just because she loved him and then had and arrow to read the back and it said something like, I also wanted to tell you I'm going to be a big sister in May.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Well, with both pregnancies, we found out while seeing the dr for other reasons. So we found out both times together. We had no idea we were expecting either time!
  • I went to the kitchen and handed H a beer and said 'you're going to need this'.  It was about 10am on Thanksgiving.  

With DD I sent him a pic of the test while he was on the golf course.  He knew I was taking the test.  

We're super romantic.  
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • I was planilha to wait to say online after the US, but this morning (the morning after i figure out) we hugged me and said "you are so warm, are you with fever?" And i answered "no, and i bope i stay that warm for the following 9 months" and he gave the most incredible smile in the World (i will Never forget)
  • *planning to say only after. (Sorry typo errors)
  • I POAS and saw the faint line (dollar store test) - immediately ran out of the bathroom to my DH and said asked if he saw what I did.  His comment - "are you sure - it's really faint".
    He was skeptical until 3 or 4 days later when I took a FRER and got a bright pink line almost instantly.  I got back in bed and told him we were having a baby and he was SO thrilled.  And (TMI) proceeded to do the very thing that got us into this situation in the first place, LOL.
  • No cute story here! We were together. He was laying in bed and I was brushing my teeth after I peed. He was suppose to tell me when three minutes was up but I stood there staring at it. I watched both lines come up, and I ask him if it's time. He says yes and I walk out of the bathroom and he goes, "so?" And I go, "guess." He says, " not pregnant." And I said "no, I am." We were then awake all night long haha. We were a little shell shocked!

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had bought a onsie that said 'official jelly bean' and a mug that said 'jelly bean's daddy' (which has to do with our last name, so it's even cuter) and had that for when I found out. Of course I ruined that by walking out of the bathroom and asking him to come in the kitchen and look at something. He didn't see the line at first because it was faint, and jokingly said he'd go pack his bags and started to walk away. I told him to get back here, and look again. He did - but still didn't believe it because the line wasn't as dark as the control. It took a while to convince him that a line is a line. Then I gave him the present and a card, at which time he cried. It wasn't what I had planned, but it was still sweet :)
  • I texted him from work when I got the call from the fertility doctor's office verifying that my extreme hungover feeling meant we were expecting.
  • I took the test 8am Christmas Eve morning. My husband had to work that day, and then we had family get togethers as soon as he got off work. I wrapped up 2 positive tests, and gave them to him once we finally had privacy that night, telling him it was an early Christmas present. The worst was having the secret by myself for 14 hours and having to act normal at family gatherings.
  • I found out during the day and when he got home from work I handed him a glass of beer and said "I won't be joining you" hehe
  • I set out two onesies, one for each of our favorite football teams and put the positive test on top. His jaw dropped when he saw it lol.

Anniversary 

• I had three dreams about boys in a row and told them about them each time. The first time because I dreamed about triplets and was like OH GOD. NO. NOOOO. The second time because the baby was the cutest mixture of my brother and husband. The third time because it was like, "Okay, this is weird. I dreamed about a kid again.."

After work, I came home with groceries and made a really random dish that we never eat because he doesn't like asian food. I had the weirdest craving for sweet potatos. He walked out after dinner/dishes to get "cigarettes" and came home with a pregnancy test. Woke up and took it. O_O "Babe... it came out positive." He scooped me up, kissed me, and was like, "We're going to have a babyyyyy!" Then we made some pretty awesome love.

Admittedily, I'm more terrified than excited, but his excitement is pushing me in the right direction.  :\">

imageSoon to be San Diego Mommy! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I was away on an archeo excavation in Europe and during my first week away, missed my period and took a test one night after work. My fiancé was still at work when I got my bfp so I sent him a pic saying "we miss you." He didn't quite get it for a few minutes. Lol.
  • momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited February 2014
    I got an etremely faint questionable "could it be the lighting" line on a wondfo on both 9 and 10dpo. On 10dpo I went in to the bedroom super early and asked if he could see a line. He said yes "does that mean yours pregnant?" I told him, yes. but the lack of excitement waS there. We went to the gym.. picked up the first response-took it when I got home. he took the dog outside to go to the bathroom by the time he came back in I ran out of the bathroom screaming "I'm pregnant!"

It's a BOY

• I wanted to do something so sweet! It was a different story when I found out though! lol I just spilled the beans right away!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker    
  • Both times were via text - very special, I know. But I get home at 5pm and he doesn't get home until 8pm so there was no way I could wait three hours to tell him. I sent him photos of the tests. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ran out of the bathroom and screamed, "I'M EFFING PREGNANT!"

Not the sweet intimate moment all dream of, but there it is.

• I loved reading these!

We had been suspicious already but I wasn't sure if I skipped in Jan or just forgot although he was pretty sure. So, I wated until he got home Saturday night to take it together. I poas and left it a couple of minutes. We both went to look and I thought the line was faint, he thought it was very clear. We just hugged, kissed, and teared up a bit. Still hard to believe.

Married since 09/21/2008, TTC now!
      TTGP May Siggy Fave Meme                                

• Put a tshirt over DS's PJs that said, "best big brother" when MH went downstairs to get him breakfast. He came upstairs and kept saying Really? Really?

• at lunch i went to CVS.. bought tampons and a test (thinking i would need ONE of the two-- i am sure the older lady in the middle of the aisle was laughing at me).  Then I made myself wait til after work (and of course ended up having to stay an extra hour and half at work).. did the test (PREGNANT!!) I was sooo excited and was "patiently" waiting for bf to get home.. and waited..and waited... then he came home and was on the phone with his mom!  arrgghhhh!!  After 20 minutes finally asked him to call her back and then just showed him (yup big build up for that) the stick.  And then spent the next hour and half trying to help him map out "when" it happened (i showed him the date) and what we did that day (he is silly but sweet). 
  • I went in the bathroom and took the test. My husband was on the couch watching tv and had no clue I was taking one. I came out and said "do you know how to read these thermometers?" He looked at me like I was an idiot with the " what are you talking about?" face. Took the test out of my hand and then stood there in shock for a min.
  • I bought books on amazon after he did, Dude your going to be a Dad and My boys can swim. Since he is in the military an away, we skyped (I videotaped) asking him when the book delivery was getting there. His face was priceless, he said whattttttttt are you serious?!?!

• I snuck and took a bunch of tests while DH was running errands. I sent him a text with the results that said "uuuuummmmmmm........"
    He called back and I was all giddy but he didn't get the text yet. He was calling about dog food. I kept dropping hints but he kept talking about the damn dog food. I just blurted out DAMNIT I'M PREGNANT.
    Dead silence. Followed by giggles that made me think that a 10 year old girl had picked up the phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"