2nd Trimester

Pregnancy likes / dislikes...

Yes, I know it's a miracle and I am blessed. But honestly there are certain things about pregnancy I am not too fond of.

My amazing hair
My skin is flawless

Dislikes:
It's gross- but the discharge I could live without
My body temperature- sweating like a pig constantly
Round ligament pain

How about you?

Re: Pregnancy likes / dislikes...

• Funnily enough I would list exactly the same things as you have. Happy with my lovely hair, but I'm sick of feeling tropical all the time. I was out shopping on Saturday and everyone around me was wearing winter coats, scarves and gloves. I was wearing a thin shirt over a tank and I was still warm.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Likes - I get to be a mommy soonish, my hair, dont have to change the cat litter lol

Dislikes - constipation, heartburn, nausea, acne (I have pcos so this is probably a contributing factor), amplified allergies

27 y/o - Dx with PCOS 7/10/13 - Started on Metformin 8/26/13.

BFP - 11/19/13      EDD - 7/18/14

Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • awc1986 said:

Funnily enough I would list exactly the same things as you have. Happy with my lovely hair, but I'm sick of feeling tropical all the time. I was out shopping on Saturday and everyone around me was wearing winter coats, scarves and gloves. I was wearing a thin shirt over a tank and I was still warm.

I am an absolute furnace

• Even though this pregnancy did not come easy, there's a big difference between discomfort and wishing a pregnancy away. Even though some symptoms make me miserable, I wouldn't ever wish to not be pregnant, so I try to allow myself time to whine about feeling bad :)

knowing what a miracle we will be experiencing in a few short months
    thicker hair and nails
    getting special treatment (ie doors held open) because I'm pregnant

Dislikes:
    peeing every 20 minutes
    the heartburn!! (it's been so bad this time)
    horrendous, never-ending nausea at the beginning

DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't really have any likes yet, lol.  

I haven't noticed any better hair, nails, or skin.  
    Haven't felt baby move yet.
    Not getting special treatment yet.

But I'm only 18 weeks!  I'm sure I'll start at least getting baby movement shortly.

The dislikes... ugh.  Lol.  The sweating, the discomfort of sleeping, the increased acne, the round ligament pain, the nausea, the changing food tastes, the emotional bouts, the anxiety, heart palpitations, constipation, and back ache.

When does pregnancy become a magical time?  LOL
  • khaalid00khaalid00 member
    edited January 2014
    Likes: Not been sick at all during pregnancy, awesome! Craving for anything food. Comfort that my baby is kicking and strong. I smile all the time. Having my first baby with my husband. Summer baby! Dislike: Can be emotional for things that are not a big deal. Sleeping on my side and peeing a lot which disrupts my sleep. Annoying cramping and round ligament pain. Feeling tired at odd times. Mild Acne.
  • This is my second baby.... and the pregnancy is completely different. I felt awesome the first time. This time I will say I feel much more exhausted and run down.... maybe that has to do with the 3 yr old!
    The movement
    No m/s for me
    DH seems to want to take care of me more
    Seeing my DH fall in love with this baby
    Planning for the little one

Dislikes:

Huge lack of sleep
    the awkward "is she just fat" thing
    Headaches and aches in general
    Anxiety
    Having to buy new clothes (and none of the "pregnancy modifications" working on any of my old stuff)
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
    Planning for the baby
    Seeing my husband's excitement
    Growing baby bump

Dislikes:
    Morning sickness
    Waking up to pee
    Acne
  • I like:

Feeling the baby move
    Seeing how protective my DH is of me and the baby
    Planning for the baby
    Great hair
    And being blessed with a miracle (was told it'd be virtually impossible to get pregnant naturally)

Dislike:

Had very bad m/s first trimester and into 2nd trimester
    Worrying (just overall worry making sure baby's ok, etc)
    Vaginal Discharge
    My Boobs!!!!!  They've gotten extremely large and I hate it!!  My baby bump would look so much cuter if my boobs weren't so huge. :/

• mrsgerman said:

I love everything and dislike nothing because it all just reminds me that I am still pregnant and carrying this baby 

Well good for you. Guess you're a better pregnant lady than I am.

• Likes: the non-stop movement; the way DS will wave to or pat my belly; thicker hair and great skin; feeling energized; still being able to run; how much more thoughtful DH has been;

Dislikes: my boobs. I am a small girl with small boobs (32a on a good day) and they're already filling a 34b, sigh. I wish I was one of the lucky ones who's boobs didn't get bigger until their milk came in. :/. I don't have a bump yet, ad these girls look ridiculous on me.

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

Looking up possible names
    Justification for my chocolate cravings lol

Dislikes:
    Acne(it's awful!)
    Morning sickness
    Constipation
    Not being able to drink wine
    Worrying if everything I eat, drink, or take will harm the baby  

• Likes: thicker hair, eating without guilt, knowing I will know a whole new type of love Dislikes: heartburn, zits all over my back, constant fatigue
    Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15
  • Likes: thick hair and nails. My nails have never been able to grow. They are so long now. Knowing I have a little miracle growing inside of me. Not having to stress about dieting. (Which does not mean I am pigging out; just not dieting) husband stepping up with the chores. Speaking of husband... I think pregnancy has given him a special glow too. :\"> oh... And why hasn't anyone mentioned the boobs. They are HUGE!!! I love them.

Dislikes: ugh. Nausea. Can barely brush my teeth because I gag. Strong sense of smell. I smell everyone's breath... I know who has raw meat breath and who has shit breath from 3 ft away. I smell things no one smells. And it's driving me mad. Gas. Too much info but I am farting like a machine. Headaches since ringing in the long anticipated 2nd trimester. Worst thing yet. And... Acne. I had beautiful skin and was looking forward to the pregnancy glow but got stick with zits. Yay.

All the dislikes are worth it of course
  • veetveet said:
    I love everything and dislike nothing because it all just reminds me that I am still pregnant and carrying this baby 

Says the one who got holier-than-thou over pregnant women have an occasional glass of wine.  Pot, meet kettle.

• Likes: hair and nail growth, bigger boobs, and feeling the kicks

Dislikes: MS, headaches, weight gain, insomnia, hormonal

• Some babies are harder to feel than others, but at 18 weeks you should be able to feel some movement/ push back if you press against the lower abdomen. (about an inch below your belly button) I'm 18 and a half weeks and finally figured out my little one doesn't want to move much or if he is he just is doing so quietly. If I press against him he'll press back ever so slightly. 
    Special treatment
    The fact that I basically made a couple new friends because we just happen to be pregnant at the same time
    The baby moving
    The awesome re-shaping my body has done since getting prego... thinner arms and legs, firmer backside, gigantic boobs.

Dislikes:
    Terrible all day sickness in the first tri
    A continuing, violent aversion for bananas (one of my favorite fruits)
    Movement when I'm attempting to sleep
    the back pain from the gigantic boobs.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Prepping for the arrival
    The thoughts of having my own baby!

Dislikes: frequent urinating all hours of the night
    Not being able to do anything real exciting since it's unsafe for pregnancy.
    Morning sickness
    Lack of energy
    Depression

It's a BOY

• argonne said:

veetveet said:

Says the one who got holier-than-thou over pregnant women have an occasional glass of wine.  Pot, meet kettle.

Yes... because having some dislikes about pregnancy...like nausea and consuming alcohol are the same thing.

I can have an opinion- just like everyone else on this site. Funny- you look at the loss board and you see women that struggle and would give anything.....ANYTHING for a healthy pregnancy and baby; including myself. I did everyhing right and I get to terminate my pregnancy at 27 weeks tomorrow- so go ahead and enjoy your glass of wine.
  • veetveet said:
    veetveet said:

Yes... because having some dislikes about pregnancy...like nausea and consuming alcohol are the same thing. I can have an opinion- just like everyone else on this site. Funny- you look at the loss board and you see women that struggle and would give anything.....ANYTHING for a healthy pregnancy and baby; including myself. I did everyhing right and I get to terminate my pregnancy at 27 weeks tomorrow- so go ahead and enjoy your glass of wine.
    You need to stop.  No one here would want to be in  your shoes.  What you are going through is terrible and anyone with a heart is hurting for you.  

You are coming back to these posts after the fact and throwing it in everyone's face and lashing out.  When you make statements that people who have an occasional glass of wine (in my case with my doctor's okay and blessing) and say that they all "have issues" you are going to get called out for it.  You can choose for yourself what you are comfortable with, but you have no business judging others and behaving in a holier than thou manner.  It's not going to go over well. 

Please take care of yourself.

This.  We are sad for your loss.  Truly we are. 

However, your loss is not connected, in any way, to your judgemental, holier-than-thou words on the other thread.  Your loss has happened after you judged women who dared have a glass of wine (with their doctors' blessings, no less).  To come back here and try to make us feel guilty for calling you out is a pretty shitty thing to do.

• Um, back on topic:

Like:
    Feeling the babies move
    Getting ready for them
    The ultrasounds (carrying twins so they do an ultrasound every month... it's amazing seeing how much they grow each time!)
    Chuckling at our 3yo's confusion about what's going on and her occasional insistence that I'm carrying a variety of animals as well. Yesterday, we were expecting triplets because one was a "little baby yap yap doggie"

Dislikes:
    Tired. Lots of tired.
    Waking up all the time to go to the bathroom
    DD chose this as the perfect timing to break her arm... which keeps life interesting
  • So happy you have been able to get your little one to respobd to you. I do want to say that not everyone will be able to feel movement at this point or any point in their pregnancy. Where the placenta attached, the size of the mother and how the baby is positioned can all be reasons you will or will not feel movement. This type of forum is a great reasource but telling people they should be doing or feeling something can cause anxiety to those not experiencing the same thing, especially FTM.
  • I thoroughly enjoy being pregnant, although I suppose there are some things that are not so fun.

First, A few LOVES...
    -Feeling the baby's movement
    -My 5 year old DD being very affectionate with my bump and making baby comments in general (3 yr old DS isn't there..yet!)
    -splurging on sweets
    -feeling very deserving and not so guilty of naps

Dislike...
    -waking up to pee
    -not staying hydrated enough
    -sciatic nerve pain
    -getting weighed in at doc appts
  • chevronsevenchevronseven member
    edited February 2014
    I haven't had any of the nice glowy stuff like the perfect hair/nails/skin, but I also didn't have any morning sickness, so I guess that's the trade-off.  I am kind of on the same page as a PP in that I honestly don't really dislike anything because even the negative aspects are just little reminders that I'm carrying a healthy baby!  But if I had to pick things....

Ultrasound pics
    My bump, which is bigger than I expected at this point as a FTM
    Baby clothes
    I adjust easier at the chiropractor for some reason

Dislikes:
    Tired, especially in first trimester
    Leg cramps
    Couldn't take cold medicine when I was sick
    Restless nights (actually more for DH since apparently I now moan and groan in my sleep all night)
    No alcohol at an all inclusive resort was almost painful!
    image          image

• My nails rock. Salon status 27/4...no salon needed.
    • I'm just starting to feel movement, and when I can tell that it is for sure movement, it's great.
    • Seeing ultrasounds
    • People wanting to touch my stomach. Everyone complains about this, but I love it. I'm just like "What? You want to touch my bump? Sure, I worked hard on it!" 
    • Getting to choose what's for dinner all the time, and my husband not complaining, even if I choose PB&J. 
    Dislikes:
    • My hair is so oily. 
    • Insomnia
    • Back pain
    • Definitely the discharge..ew. 
    • Sex drive being slim to none. 

Not having to lift things (and people always offering to help ... not a bad perk :))
    Being able to not feel horrible that yes, I did eat the last cookie.
    Having an excuse to go to bed early or leave somewhere early

Dislikes:
    My hairy belly! Yikes!
    Bodily functions (that I just can't seem to help)
    being uncomfortable when sitting
    leg cramps
    ..... wine. not being able to have a glass of wine (however totally worth it)
    anxiety
    depression
    fear that i'm going to do something wrong and harm the baby

definitely have some more pregnancy rants and thoughts on my blog that I started, man the things NO ONE prepares you for!!! 

-getting special treatment (no kitty litter & husband brings me snacks/rubs me)
    -gorgeous hair
    -people are generally nicer to me
    -my little girl finally wants to spend time with me instead of anyone but me!
    -feeling warm. I'm the only one in the house NOT shivering
    -getting all the tiny-human things ready
    -being able to take naps without being judged

Dislikes:
    -hip pain
    -sleep deprivation
    -heartburn
    -people taking stuff off me, stating "you shouldn't be lifting things!" - especially when it's a bag with bread and bananas in
    -strangers touching me. It is never ok for strangers to touch me.
    -finding bras that fit is like trying to find unicorn poop.
    -I'm automatically the designated driver. It'd be nice to be asked first.
    --feeling the baby moving
    --planning for baby
    --maternity jeans, so comfy!

Dislikes:
    --nausea (still)
    --vomiting (still)
    --headaches for 8 weeks now
    --food aversions
    --finding bras
    --baby not appreciating Mexican like I do
    --not being able to enjoy a cold glass of beer
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • spinsemeyerspinsemeyer member
    edited March 2014
    Dislikes:
    -all day nausea and vomiting
    -food adversions
    -super sense of smell
    -inability to function on less than 8 hours of sleep
    -crazy emotional lability
    -gas pains
    -restrictions on caffeine
    -my skin is the worst it's ever been
    -heartburn so bad it takes my breath away
    -constipation
    -way too hot/sweaty all the time 

Likes;
    -umm, supposedly I get a cute little baby out of the deal?
    -Feeling good about the roundness of my belly (I've always carried weight in my tummy but now I don't have to suck it in)
    -Maternity pants

I thought I would love being pregnant but so far i  really hate it
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Likes: knowing this is my last pregnancy & that valadating every single craving or emotional outburst (LOL), the movement, the BOOBS (took me 4 babies but I finally got boobs!), the anticipation of birth & seeing this little person God has given us, the miracle of life in general

Dislikes: knowing this is my last pregnancy. It's bittersweet.

Things i'll never miss: pretty much every other side effect of pregnancy. The gas has been AWFUL this time around, vaginal discharge is always such a treat, sex SUCKS, heartburn, m/s, craving something all day & then finally getting it & it taste like crap, the back pain, the lacking energy....whine whine whine!!

All you 1st time mommies, it REALLY is worth it, & every pregnancy really is different, so don't assume that just bc this one sucks/is awesome that your next one will be too. & either way, totally worth it when you look in that baby's eyes for the 1st time & know you created this LIFE, & this perfect little person is all yours :o)
  • Likes: the fact that DS will be a big brother and is so very excited. Completing our family. The kicks and thumps that let me know he's a moving and a shaking in there.

Dislikes: my body not being able to cooperate and sending me into PTL at 25 weeks. Thus resulting in bedrest most likely until 36 weeks. All of the shots, Meds and just worry associated with being on bedrest and also dealing with a 4 year old. Gas pains, heartburn, constipation, so tired at random times, peeing in a too small cup every week.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

Just starting to feel the baby move (definitely my favorite)!!!
    My husband insists on doing most of the cleaning.
    Baby bump
    Guilt free naps
    Ultrasound pictures 
    Hearing the heartbeat

Dislikes:
    Not being able to have as much caffeine.  
    Not sleeping through the night.
    Anxiety
    Stupid comments (example: was it an accident or were you trying...seriously!!!!)
  • BPaws said:
    Likes; The Baby Dislike; Absolutely everything else about pregnancy. I suppose I make a pretty shitty pregnant lady.
    This. I hate being pregnant. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"