Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Any ideas? Please...running out of time!

I have been attempting to make "handprint ornaments" for the last few days. I have tried different types of clay, kits, and homemade salt dough. It isn't working for one reason or another. We are set on making ornaments for family this year. Does anyone have any ideas that I could steal from you for making ornaments? I am giving up on the handprint idea...

TIA

Re: Any ideas? Please...running out of time!

• Options

I feel your pain.....I tried everything too! 

I finally gave up on the idea and went to Color Me Mine and made coffee mugs for everyone with her footprint and the date.  I figured it is the same theme and they can use it all year round.

I did also see some cute kits at Michael's that had a picture frame on one side and a handprint kit on the other.

I know these arent ornament ideas but maybe they will help!

• Options
    Why don't you use painted handprints on a stone or paper.
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "The sound of your heart - It's the most significant sound in my world." Edward Cullen - Eclipse
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Pipe cleaners and tri-bead ornaments - very retro - I remember making these 25yrs ago

https://www.makingfriends.com/winter/ornament_tribead.htm

https://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/christmas-crafts-for-kids-bead-ornaments.htm

I might actually go get some stuff and make some myself now that you got me thinking about these again! :)

• Options

what is the problem you are having? Is the impression in the clay not deep enough?

i am making keychains for the grandparents w/ shrinky dinks. I stamped dd's hand and foot onto shrinky paper, cut it out and throw it in the oven and you get tiny little hands and feet just the right size for a keychain or necklace charm.

when i get home i will PIP if you are interested. i know its not an xmas ornament but maybe you can expand on it to get what you want.

• Options
    imageMommaBrown:

what is the problem you are having? Is the impression in the clay not deep enough?

The salt dough bubbled when we baked it. The crayola air dry clay is hard to work with and it's really hard to stamp DS's hand into it. I have to push down really hard and am afraid I am hurting him. Any tricks?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"