Birth Stories

Anyone break their tailbone and have reoccuring pain?

I broke my tailbone about 25 years ago from a hard fall on a concrete floor.  I still have reoccuring pain on occasion.  I have 3 kids and had a vaginal birth with each one.  My tailbone was in severe pain after each birth for several weeks after.  I'm assuming this had something to do with the injury I had with my tailbone years ago when I was a child.  The pain after childbirth was as bad as when I first broke it years ago.  Anyone else experience this?  I'm about to have my 4th baby and I'm scared that the pain will come back.  I had to have an epidural because the tailbone pain combined with normal labor pain was just unbearable!

Re: Anyone break their tailbone and have reoccuring pain?

• I broke my tailbone about 8 years ago. Pudding labor, it was bothering me much more than the actually labor. I got an epi, which didn't work. It turns out breaking my tailbone gave me scoliosis. In retrospect, this is why my spinal didn't work for my csection before. After child birth though, I didn't know have any pain. Pedi you push a lot?
  • I broke mine 20 years ago, and then re-broke it delivering dd1. I haven't had any trouble since it healed though. I had an elective c-section with dd2 to avoid breaking it again!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I've broken mine three times total, once skiing when I was 8 and twice from slipping on wet steps as a teenager. I had a lot of tenderness and soreness when I was pregnant with my now 4 year old daughter, but didn't have any real issues out of it during her delivery (no epidural). Im about 9 weeks pregnant with #2 now and already having a lot of pain in my tail bone again. Doctor says it's just from my uterus growing and putting pressure on it.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• I fractured my tailbone when I was 9 but didn't completely break it and now this post is freaking me out. I never had reoccurring pain though
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • I have not given birth yet, but I did have a horrible tailbone break as a kid. Since then, I have a lot of pain in my tailbone, depending on how I sit. I didn't think before to bring this up with my doctor before I have the baby, but now I definitely will. Thanks for raising this topic.  
  • I was never diagnosed with a broken tailbone, but I did take a hard fall onto a concrete basketball court as a teenager, and I had terrible tailbone pain following giving birth last time. I'm also having a lot of discomfort already this time, so I may mention it to my doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"