Infertility

If you've changed your diet for fertility come tell me about it!

edited January 2014 in Infertility
I am overwhelmed by the information on Google. I'm seriously thinking about trying gluten free or paleo but just don't know where to start. What changes have you made? Have you noticed any health differences as a result? Has your RE suggested any diet changes to you?
Me: 30 DH: 30 ~ TTC #1 Since August 2011 
BFP #1 2/28/13, Ectopic, Tubal surgery 3/25 
Began RE testing 8/8, Dx Unexplained, 
IUI #1 11/1=BFN Moving on to IVF 
IVF #1 12/2 ER 8R 7M 4 fertilized
12/7 Transferred 2 "perfect" little blasts 12/17 BFN
New DX= DOR, I fu*kng hate IF
1/14 Hysteroscopy, new clean uterus!
IVF #2: bcp, Lupron, follistim 300, menopur 225. 2/21 8R 4M 3F. 3dt of 2 perfect embryos. 1 little penguin 
 3/10 BFFN
Regrouping. Seeing reproductive immunologist Dr. Kwak Kim 6/10 
Kwak Kim protocol: Metformin 1000mg, vitamin D 4000iu, vitamin E 400iu, baby aspirin, Metanx, levothyroxine 75mcgs 
 Surprise BFP 9/21!!! Beta #1 247, Beta #2 630. Miscarried 10/13

Re: If you've changed your diet for fertility come tell me about it!

• My RE suggested a low carb South Beach type diet.  Apparently, there is some research that foods that are high on the glycemic index can be linked to poor egg quality.

In mid November, I started trying to stick to a South Beach Diet as best I can and I've lost about 11 lbs (I don't consider myself to be very heavy in the first place).  Today is day 9 of stims and I've put back on about 2lbs while doing stims.

This is my first IVF so we will see if it helps.

BFP #1: 1/4/13, EDD 9/8/13, Missed M/C confirmed 2/8/13, Misoprostol

2013: Three CPs w/ EDDs: EDD 2/10/14, EDD 3/24/14, EDD 6/24/14

IVF/ICSI #1 (Antagonist) - Jan 2014- 19R, 14M, 11F, 3 penguins (6BB, 4BB, 6BC)  PGD tested- All Normal!

IVF/ICSI #2 (Antagonist) - Feb 2014 - 23R, 11M, 10F, 1 penguin (3BB) - Another Normal!

FET #1 - March 26, BFN

FET #2- Beta #1 (9dp5dt) -332, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) -1027, EDD 1/30/2015, Missed M/C, D&C 6/19/14

IVF/ICSI #3 (Lupron Down Reg) - Oct 2014 - 38R, 28M, 27F, 20 frozen on day 5, 16 normal penguins!!

FET#3 - February 1, 2015, Prep begins 1/13

All Welcome!

• BRaven985BRaven985 member
    edited January 2014
    I definitely made changes to both diet and exercise. I do not follow anything strict cause I don't really believe in cutting anything out altogether unless you do have something like Celiac's.  But I have greatly reduced my consumption of gluten, dairy, and sugar.  I have upped my veggies and fruit.  I also added in workouts that range from an hour 5-6 days a week at best to just walking during many parts of cycling or nothing at all for weeks after OHSS.  (I just mention all the exercise since I am sure it played a factor).  I did lose 10 lbs (I am small so that was good for me) and have felt great since starting it.  My period was also better...less PMS and just more normal and tolerable....which I imagine is from these changes combined with weekly acupuncture.  Not sure how much impact it will have on the IVF process...but I figure it can't hurt and it is something I actually can control.  And it is also something I would like to incorporate into my life more no matter what the outcome of all this is.

ETA: Also meant to mention that I used to have high cholesterol and it is now awesome since I have changed my habits.
    Me: 36, unexplained 
    Him: 36, slightly low count 
    TTC since May 2011 
    IUI #1 w/Clomid - 10/2012 BFN 
    Break for cysts 
    IUI #2 w/Clomid - 12/2012 BFN 
    Break for cysts 
    IUI #3 w/Clomid - 2/2013 BFN 
    Break for sanity and to work on health with diet, exercise, and acupuncture 
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BCP, 150 Follistim, 150 Menopur, and Ganirelix
    Retrieval 9/11/2013 - 31 eggs, 17 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen 
    Transfer cancelled - Moderate OHSS 
    FET #1 - 10/22/2013 Transferred 2 (1 did not survive thaw) BFP resulted in CP 
    IVF/ICSI #2 - EPP - Starting stims 1/5/2014 (100 Follistim, 150 Menopur)
    All welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I have PCOS, plus my doc said lower carbs would be better for egg quality.  I'm on my elliptical 45 minutes every day.  No pasta, bread, rice, or potatoes.  My carbs only come from fruits, veggies, salad dressing, polenta, etc.  I only started a few weeks ago, so I sure hope it's going to help cause I could really go for some toast right now!

All welcome
    Me (35), DH (32) married in May 2013
    Dx PCOS 2006 DX hypothyroid 2013
    11/2013-Hysteroscopy to remove mystery scar tissue
    11/2013 IUI #1 using Femara and Repronex- switched to IVF for too many follies and then cancelled due to lack of growth after more than three weeks of playing with the meds
    1/2/14 New doc, new office: Add Metformin 1500mg, Synthroid increased to 75mcg, bunch of OTC supplements
    1/28/14 ER # 1 and 2 (yes, that's two ERs in one cycle...long story) 14R, 14M, 12F, 5 made it to blast for CCS biopsy
    2/25/14 CCS results in: three healthy frosties!!
    4/10/14 FET cancelled due to mucus and lining.  Different med protocol for FET 1.2
    5/2/14 Transfer of one CCS'd and completely hatched 6 day blast
    5/11/14 BFP!!!   First Beta 99  5/13/14 Second Beta 170

• My RE wanted me on a low glycemic diet with high protein for egg quality... I have been really concentrating on whole foods.  No caffeine, no processed foods etc...   Like @ SuperPsi  my carbs come from fruits and some veggies and some occasional oatbread etc...   It isn't too bad and I feel MUCH better.  THe hardest thing for me to kick was the caffeine really...
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I have been gluten-free and dairy-free for 8 days. I was just diagnosed with PCOS at the end of December. I am trying this for a month or so, to see how I feel and if I notice any changes. So far I've just had intense cravings...nothing exciting yet!
  • Sunny BSunny B member
    edited January 2014

During our IVF cycle, and a few months prior- I didn't eat a lot of white carbs or sugar. I was mostly gluten free. I don't know if the result would have been different if I didn't, but I felt good about.

My acupuncturist suggested I go gluten free and suck on the bones of animals (but that wasn't happening) I just added more eggs and cheese.

TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • ttc23ttc23 member
    edited January 2014
    I just wrote about this topic for my latest blog post. I am a Google-aholic and made myself crazy researching the best diets to follow for fertility. The alkaline diet is a popular one and suggests mostly green foods and little to no meat, however another very popular diet recommends a high protein diet (meat obviously being high in protein). An acupuncturist I saw also suggested certain foods to help my Qi as it is reportedly quite stagnant in my body. I aleady have no gluten or dairy in my diet (haven't for over 5 years) as this has reduced my gastrointestinal issues and headaches as well as improved my skin, energy and moods. Needless to say I was overwhelmed by what I should or shouldn't be eating and basically made the decision a few weeks ago to just focus on eating more fresh food (e.g. vegetables, fruit, lean meat, nuts) and less processed foods and added sugar. I usually love chocolate but have all but eliminated that because of caffeine and sugar. I drink a lot of room temperature water during the day and will occasionally have a 1/4 teaspoon of bi-carb mixed with 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar in a glass of water to help the alkalinity of my body (still a but skeptical but hey). I drink red raspberry leaf tea at night to build my endometrial lining. Writing it all down makes me sound a bit crazy but I basically eat coconut yoghurt and fruit or toast for breakfast, salad for lunch, fruit and nuts for snack and lean meat and lots of vegetables for tea.Treats are banana pancakes with coconut yoghurt and a squirt of pure maple syrup or a tomato based pasta. Oh, and I also try and use coconut oil where possible as I've heard it's good for fertility :)

TTC since mid-2011---Husband and I both late 20's---
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye test in Sep 2012- moderate endometriosis removed---
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility---
    Clomid cycle 1 in Feb 2013- BFN---
    Clomid cycle 2 in Mar 2013- BFN---
    IVF #1 in May 2013- BFN---
    IVF #2 in August 2013-BFN---
    Endometrial biopsy identified high natural killer cells---
    FET #1 in Oct 2013-delayed---
    FET #1 in Nov 2013 with Intralipids-BFN---
    FET #2 in January 2014- BFN---

IVF #3 in March 2014 (new doctor new plan)-BFFN
    IVF #4 in June 2014 (last cycle with own eggs)- BFN
    IVF #5 in September 2014 (with donor eggs)- BFP plus 6 frozen blasts :)

http://tryingtoconceiveafamily.blogspot.com.au/

May Emerald / August Shooting Star / October Precious Pumpkin / November Harvest Hopeful / January Snowdrops / March Shimmering Shamrocks / June Bugs

• I should add that like @ttc23, I didn't have any caffeine and drank red raspberry leaf tea!
    TTC since May 2012
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • I so rarely drink caffeine and was generally a healthy & balanced eater before but I did cut down on sugar and fruits per my acupuncturist beginning in February 2012. I'm not really sure if it helped or not but I continue it today. I just feel better without eating so many sweets and an overabundance of fruit.

• *****TICKERS AND CHILDREN MENTIONED***** I hope it's ok I post here. Nutrition became a huge interest of mine during our IVF cycle (yielded b/g twins). I was diagnosed with lean PCOS and MH has morphology issues. While I was breastfeeding I started following a Primal-style diet where I focus on eating a high fat, moderate protein, low carb diet. Basically, if it comes in a package with a barcode and isn't meat, produce, or dairy I won't eat it. I did have a surprise BFP and don't know if I got lucky (what DH thinks) or if the change in our diet helped both DH and I (what I think). Good luck and I'd be happy to PM links to my favorite Primal sites that site research articles if you want them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Goodreads shelf
    Snjoslin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
  • My sister is a dietician and helped me with an elimination diet to see if i have any food intolerance. She suggested cutting out one or two foods (i.e.: dairy and gluten) for six weeks and then adding back, one at a time, to see if you have a reaction. Not sure if that's what you were looking for. 
    ***Siggy****
    imageimage
    Me: 32 - PCOS, Hypothyroid 
    Hubs: 31 - low everything

TTC since Jan 2013
    May 2013 - HSG, all clear
    Aug 2013 - Hubs varicocele procedure, both sides 

Dec 2013 IVF #1: 24 retrieved, 20 fertilized, 7 made it to D5; OHSS
    1.27.14: FET; 2 D5
    Betas: 2.6.14 - 689; 2.8.14 - 2400; 2.15.14 - 37,7000
    Ultrasound: 2.15.14 - Twins! 

PAIF/SAIF welcome

• *siggy warning* 

After two failed attempts at IVF my RE recommended a high protein, low carb diet. Not sure if that is what helped but as you see in my siggy I had a dramatically different response to IVF 3. GL!
    Me:30 low AMH; DH:30 MFI (count, motility, morphology)
    2 rounds clomid 100 mg -BFN
    IUI#1- 25 mg clomid- July 2012= BFN!
    IUI #2 August = BFN!
    IUI #3 September = BFN!

IVF #1 November - converted to IUI #4 due to poor response = BFN
    IVF #1.2 February- converted to IUI #5 due to poor response = BFN
    IVF #1.3 April- micro dose Lupron flare with HGH; 14R, 13M, 11F! Transfer of 1 day 5 blast on 4/30, 4 frosties. BFP! Beta #1 9dp5dt= 179; Beta #2 11dp5dt= 442; Beta #3 4106 Stick baby stick!!

*trying to keep hope*

• With my FET in December I went Gluten free and did acupuncture.  Going Gluten Free wasn't so bad.  It was another chemical pregnancy though so I'm not sure if it made any difference.  
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • a month before i started IVF#3, i started to cut down on caffeine. i eliminated sodas (wasn't a huge soda drinker to begin with) and started to drink decaf. i love my morning coffee and occasional evening coffee if its rly cold outside, so that was a bit hard to let go. And i hate the taste of decaf so i ended up stopping that too and just drank more water, green juice recipes, smoothies and green and herbal teas. for food, i just stuck to eating in moderation, and cutting down on sweets. like BRaven said, i would love to continue this habit and make it a lifestyle change cuz i felt so light and had so much more energy when i ate better. 
    **SIGGY TICKER WARNING**
    Me: 27 High FSH (POF?) DH: 33 Slightly Low Morphology / Married Aug '08 TTC since 7/2009
    6 rounds of clomid = no luck
    IVF w/ ICSI & AZH #1 - Jan/2011 = ET cancelled OHSS
    FET #1 & #2 - March/2011 & June/2011 = Chemical Preg.
    IVF w/ Half ICSI #2 New RE - May/2012 = BFN!
    May '12 - Sep '13 - Took A Break
    Dec '13 IVF w/ Half ICSI #3!!!!! Switched RE
    Protocol - Lupron trigger/Follistim/Ganirelix/Estrace/Vivelle/Crinone
    12/27 - BFP! TWINS! EDD 9/3/14 ...Team PURPLE!
    6/27/14 - Emergency C/S @ 30w2d - Baby A 2lb 14oz, Baby B 2lb 11 oz
    ALL WELCOME :)
  • I have also been doing a high protein, low carb food plan where I get the majority of my carbs from fruits and vegetables and, sometimes, beans. Since I've read about the multiple benefits of coconut oil, I've been trying to use that more, too. And avocados and nuts and other super healthy fats.

My acupuncturist wants me to cut or significantly reduce dairy and if I am going to have dairy to have only full fat dairy. I'm pretty good with the dairy except I often have cheese once a day and I do put cream in my coffee.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Love all these suggestions! Can't wait to start making some changes
    Me: 30 DH: 30 ~ TTC #1 Since August 2011 
    BFP #1 2/28/13, Ectopic, Tubal surgery 3/25 
    Began RE testing 8/8, Dx Unexplained, 
    IUI #1 11/1=BFN Moving on to IVF 
    IVF #1 12/2 ER 8R 7M 4 fertilized
    12/7 Transferred 2 "perfect" little blasts 12/17 BFN
    New DX= DOR, I fu*kng hate IF
    1/14 Hysteroscopy, new clean uterus!
    IVF #2: bcp, Lupron, follistim 300, menopur 225. 2/21 8R 4M 3F. 3dt of 2 perfect embryos. 1 little penguin 
     3/10 BFFN
    Regrouping. Seeing reproductive immunologist Dr. Kwak Kim 6/10 
    Kwak Kim protocol: Metformin 1000mg, vitamin D 4000iu, vitamin E 400iu, baby aspirin, Metanx, levothyroxine 75mcgs 
     Surprise BFP 9/21!!! Beta #1 247, Beta #2 630. Miscarried 10/13

• I have done Whole 30 to help regulate hormones and currently I'm doing a sugar free (fruit is ok) diet because apparently ovarian cysts love sugar and hopefully it will help my Endo. 
    Me (27), DH (27) 1 fur baby
    TTC Sept '11
    Found ovarian cyst Sept '12
    surgery to remove cyst and diagnose endometriosis Jan '13
    Lupron injections Feb '13-July ' 13
    TTC on own July-November '13
    IUI #1 January '14-BFN
    IUI#2 February'14 cancelled due to not responding to Clomid
    IVF #1 cancelled 4/28/14 due to not responding to meds and not enough follicles
    IVF #2- BFP due May'15

• **pregnancy/loss mentioned**

For those with endo, there is a specific endometriosis diet that is the opposite of the paleo diet in some ways--minimal meat, no dairy, and lots of plant proteins. It's actually pretty close to how I eat normally (mostly vegan diet), although I have tried--especially during IVF--to cut out all alcohol and most caffeine, which are also endo diet things (I love my wine and coffee, so this is difficult for me!).

Like some PPs, I saw an acupunturist, who told me I needed to "build my blood" (probably accurate, since the women in my family tend towards anemia). She wanted me eating lots of cheese, red meat, and eggs, which are all verboten for the endo diet, along with lots of iron-rich veggies like greens and kale. I tried doing that and kept it up as long as I was pregnant. She mentioned that studies have shown Latina women have some of the highest fertility rates, possibly because of the quantity of high-quality fat they eat (sorry, no source for that).

All my RE said was that eliminating alcohol and caffeine may help increase IVF success.

It is my humble opinion that these things are very personal, and what is good for one person could be bad for someone else. Seeing a health professional who can view you holistically (instead of typical MDs who just treat disorders and may not know much about foods), and hopefully knows something about infertility, can be really helpful, although sometimes they give you contradictory advice!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • After reading this post I'm feeling super overwhelmed!  I've added more veggies and fruits (using my shiny new nutribullet) but I haven't really cut carbs and my sugar cravings have been through the roof.  I'm going to do better, but my ER is next week 
    Am I doomed?  I feel like I'm doomed. Surely someone has been successful who still ate sugar?
    :((
    First natural BFP June 2013
    Ectopic July 2012 with fallopian tube and ovary removal :(

First IVF (after 1 cancelled cycle) Jan 2014, 
    ER 1/16
    ET 1/21
    Beta 1/31 BFP!
    Beta 2: 400
    Beta 3: 700
    Beta 4: 11,000  
    Beta 5: 45,000
    1st US 2/18:  TWINS!!!  :)
    EDD: 10/10/14
    Delivered via c section 9/17/14, B/G twins

• @jkayb123
    jkayb123 said:
    After reading this post I'm feeling super overwhelmed!  I've added more veggies and fruits (using my shiny new nutribullet) but I haven't really cut carbs and my sugar cravings have been through the roof.  I'm going to do better, but my ER is next week 
    Am I doomed?  I feel like I'm doomed. Surely someone has been successful who still ate sugar?

People get pregnant every day on a high sugar diet. If I were you I would probably just try and decrease sugar as much as you can from now on. There is so much contradicting information anyway but my belief is that more water, exercise and fresh food and less sugar and processed food is best. Good luck :)

TTC since mid-2011---Husband and I both late 20's---
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and dye test in Sep 2012- moderate endometriosis removed---
    Diagnosed with unexplained infertility---
    Clomid cycle 1 in Feb 2013- BFN---
    Clomid cycle 2 in Mar 2013- BFN---
    IVF #1 in May 2013- BFN---
    IVF #2 in August 2013-BFN---
    Endometrial biopsy identified high natural killer cells---
    FET #1 in Oct 2013-delayed---
    FET #1 in Nov 2013 with Intralipids-BFN---
    FET #2 in January 2014- BFN---

IVF #3 in March 2014 (new doctor new plan)-BFFN
    IVF #4 in June 2014 (last cycle with own eggs)- BFN
    IVF #5 in September 2014 (with donor eggs)- BFP plus 6 frozen blasts :)

http://tryingtoconceiveafamily.blogspot.com.au/

May Emerald / August Shooting Star / October Precious Pumpkin / November Harvest Hopeful / January Snowdrops / March Shimmering Shamrocks / June Bugs

• ttc23 said:
    @jkayb123
    jkayb123 said:
    After reading this post I'm feeling super overwhelmed!  I've added more veggies and fruits (using my shiny new nutribullet) but I haven't really cut carbs and my sugar cravings have been through the roof.  I'm going to do better, but my ER is next week 

People get pregnant every day on a high sugar diet. If I were you I would probably just try and decrease sugar as much as you can from now on. There is so much contradicting information anyway but my belief is that more water, exercise and fresh food and less sugar and processed food is best. Good luck :)

Such great advice, and aside from that, fruits and veggies have tons of vitamins and minerals! That can't be a bad thing :)

TTC since May 2012
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • I've been on low carb, no sugar diet since Sept. I joined a gym initially, but stopped going because I found a new job in November. I was weight at my gyn's on Jan. 6th and I've lost over 50 pounds so far which shocked me. I allow myself one cheat day a week (Saturday) where I eat what I want and don't care. I stay away from fast foods, soda, candy and at this point all it does anyways is hurt my stomach if I try and eat any of it. I cook at home during the week and snack on fruits like bananas and oranges.

Sadly I'm still anovulatory, but I feel so much better physically and emotionally.
    TTC my #1 with PCOS since June 2010.
    Countless Clomid&Femara Cycles.
    Feb. 2014-April 2015=AF arrived on time. 
    EDD: January 14, 2016. Finally.image
    Expecting One Healthy Baby Girl!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"