Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I'm a bad mom

I'm letting my DS sleep in his swing...going on 30 minutes here.  I can't help it!  He won't sleep anywhere during the daytime with the exception of the swing.  At night, he'll sleep in his crib or the bassinet.

Re: I'm a bad mom

• How does that make you a bad mom?
  • My first DS napped in the swing until he was 7 months old. I thought I would never break him of it.......but he moved to the crib in his own time and is now 2.5 and a great sleeper to this day.

DS#2 (11 weeks old) naps wherever he wants to - and 99% of the time it's the swing.  I have not even tried to put him in the crib yet.

Guess I'm a bad mom too.

• Loading the player...
  • Well I guess I'm a bad mom too... DS naps in his swing everyday!
  • huh....Ella sleeps in her bouncer, swing or my arms.  she hates her bassinet and rarely sleeps in the pnp.  does that make me a bad mom?  i hope not.
  • Wow then I would be an exceptionally bad mom.  My DS sleeps in his swing every single night all night. It's the only way he can sleep and I figure that is much better then an overtired baby.
  • Okay, thanks ladies for not making me feel like a bad mom.  Whew!  What a relief.
  • If that makes you a bad mom, then I must be terrible. DS usually sleeps in swing for hours a day at each sitting. Last night, he slept in his swing for 4-1/2 hours.....while I watched Christmas movies. Don't worry, as long as DS is sleeping, he's growing and resting. Doesn't matter where, as long as he's safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"