Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

getting naked-make it stop!

DD is turning two this month.  

She has been keeping herself busy at nap time the last two weeks practicing taking off her clothes, and this last week, her diaper.  Now, the has pooped and/or peed in her bed at almost every nap time since.  I think we handled it wrong the first time, we cleaned it up and didn't make her go back to bed, so now I am certain she is doing it as way out of her nap.  The other day I tried putting a swim suit on over her clothes in hopes that she wouldn't be able to wriggle out, but no luck.  Now I have put her in overalls and she doesn't seem to be able to get out....yet.   But they don't seem terribly comfy, and I have to keep them a little tight so she can't slip out.  

Anybody have experience with this?  Are there any products (sleepers, straight jackets, etc...) that are made to keep a child's clothes on?  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Re: getting naked-make it stop!

• Options
    Its annoying, but she's doing it because she wants to learn about her body. Discouraging that is probably not the best idea. She will get tired of it once she newness of taking off her own clothes wears off. Let her have nekkie time about a half hour each day, maybe after a bath, so being naked is part of her daily ritual and that way she won't care as much about taking matters into her own hands. Also, sometimes being able to take clothing off and on is a sign of readiness for potty training. Does she also say when she's peed or pooped? Does she have any other signs of being ready for a potty? It might be time to think about it.

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    "Nekkie butted time" as my daughter calls it worked wonders for her. Any time it's just us (her, myself and my husband) at home if she feels the needs to be naked we let her. We explained to her though that she has to wear clothes any time anyone else is coming over because "no one wants to see a nekkie butted piper". The fun of being naked all the time eventually wore off and it rarely happens at all anymore.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD did this once but she only knows how to take pull-ups off not actual diapers so I told her if she did it again she couldn't wear "big girl diapers" (aka pull-ups which she is obsessed with) anymore and could only wear icky baby diapers. She hasn't done it again. I know some people put diapers on backwards since it makes it harder for them to take off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DD was doing this too, so we use duck tape. We get fun colors and call it her belt, it's amazing!! No more poop art for us to clean up. I got the idea from my neighbors mother.
  • Options
    Is she starting to potty train yet? Can you put her on the potty before nap time?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"