3rd Trimester

Flying at 35 Weeks

Has anyone taken a flight at 35 weeks? My OB gave me the ok to fly but it still makes me nervous.  What was your experience like? Thanks!

Re: Flying at 35 Weeks

• I'll be 32 weeks flying out to NY.  Its a 2 hour flight, so not too concerned.  I just plan on taking an aisle seat, walking and stretching as much as I can.  Are you flying across seas?
  • tanyaspidtanyaspid member
    edited December 2013
    No I'm flying to Florida which is about 2.5 hours.  I was just worried about possibly going into pre-mature labor due to the change in elevation and things like that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Make sure to take a copy of all of your OB records relating to the pregnancy just in case you go into labor in Florida.
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Will you be flying back before 36 weeks? Most airlines restrict air travel after 36 weeks, but I'd check for your specific air line just in case they have a different cut off. 
    You should bring your file with you just in case you have any issues while in Florida, and as proof of how far along you are in your pregnancy in case the air line asks. 

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am flying at  30 weeks and was told to stay hydrated and to walk around as much as you can..I am getting a aisle seat. Hope this helps.
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• I will be flying at 36-37 weeks... It concerned. It is a shorter flight and a short trip though. The bigges thing is get up and move around a. It if it is a longer flight and to be sure your doc is okay with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will be flying at 36-37 weeks... It concerned. It is a shorter flight and a short trip though. The bigges thing is get up and move around a. It if it is a longer flight and to be sure your doc is okay with it.
    Sorry... Meant to say NOT concerned
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Grandma B passed away when I was pregnant with my last.  I was 34 and a half weeks.  I was cleared to fly home.  I live in Florida, but am from Canada.  I made the trip and flew back just prior to 36 weeks.  The worst part was, there is no direct flights to where I needed to go.  I had to connect in one of the world`s biggest airports.  I had a fairly long lay over so it was not a rush between gates.  I actually landed in one terminal and had to go through the terminal and catch a bus to a departure terminal. 
  • I flew both this pregnancy and last pregnancy at 35 weeks on a 2 hour flight and was completely fine.
    DD1 9/13/08; DD2 9/25/11 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Was cleared to fly at 36 but ended up not going because of weather. You should be fine
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • For a shorter trip you should be fine... I'd be more concerned about a long trip.... But check the weather to where you're going and for your return flight. I can't remember if I read or not so forgive me but is it a straight through flight?

The only concern I'd have if it wasn't was that I'd be stuck at some airport because of weather.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"