1st Trimester

Clearblue advanced and HCG levels

kiwi625kiwi625 member
edited December 2013 in 1st Trimester
I'm not sure if anyone will have any info but I thought I would give it a shot.

I am not yet 4wks based on LMP. Used the Clearblue advanced with weeks estimator this morning and it said I'm between 4-5wks. I guess my question is if anyone knows the HCG ranges for the weeks estimator? I'm dying of curiosity to guess my betas because my last pregnancy was with twins.

I had lab work done today but, like I said, just curious and playing home detective.

TIA. :)

*ETA: yes, I know, betas are not a predictor of multiples, only an u/s can tell. ;)
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Married 6/25/10**TTC #1 July 2011**BFP 11/1/11**EDD 7/11/12**U/S shows TWINS!!! 11/30/11
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
Fraternal girls born at 35+4. Slow down baby girls!!

Best Answer

• brooklynesquebrooklynesque member
    Answer ✓
    The ones I used said 1-2, 2-3 (corresponding to 4-5 weeks from LMP), and 3+.  Tenacious researcher that I am I actually found the HCG levels online.  (This was a few weeks ago; going from memory now.)  1-2 was under ~120, 2-3 was between 120 and 2600, 3+ was 2600+.

Re: Clearblue advanced and HCG levels

• I'm not sure what the range is other than it's based on averages, but HCG doesn't necessarily go higher when there are multiples so even if your numbers are out of the range you can't really know if twins are in there or not based on the betas. Congrats though!
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Pregnancy tests don't measure actual hcg concentrations. They are qualitative only (yes/no). As long as your levels are above some baseline, the test will indicate positive. If you want to know actual levels, you need to go to the doctor for a quantitative beta.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ParadisemoonParadisemoon member
    edited December 2013
    Pregnancy tests don't measure actual hcg concentrations. They are qualitative only (yes/no). As long as your levels are above some baseline, the test will indicate positive. If you want to know actual levels, you need to go to the doctor for a quantitative beta.
    Actually this isn't true. Taken from the Clear Blue website. In addition to detecting hCG, the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator also measures the level of hCG to estimate time since ovulation.
  • Pregnancy tests don't measure actual hcg concentrations. They are qualitative only (yes/no). As long as your levels are above some baseline, the test will indicate positive. If you want to know actual levels, you need to go to the doctor for a quantitative beta.
    Actually this isn't true. Taken from the Clear Blue website. In addition to detecting hCG, the Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator also measures the level of hCG to estimate time since ovulation.
    Sorry, I wasn't thinking about the fact that she was using this particular type of test. Reading comprehension fail on my part!
  • Ok, maybe I'm out of the loop here but I had no idea that the Clearblue Advanced could give you an estimate on how far along you are!  I might have to splurge and buy one of those just to fill in my curiosity.  My last 2 cycles were a bit off than the norm so I've just been naturally curious as to how far along I actually am.  Does anyone know the 'max' the Clearblue Advanced can detect?
    Me- 23; DH- 29
    Started dating Oct. 2008; Married Sept. 2013
    TTC since Sept. 2013
    BFP 11/25/13 EDD 08/04/14
    MC 12/13/13 @ 5 wks 2 days
    BFP 02/11/14 EDD 10/24/14

“When everything seems to be going against you,
    remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
  • Ok, maybe I'm out of the loop here but I had no idea that the Clearblue Advanced could give you an estimate on how far along you are!  I might have to splurge and buy one of those just to fill in my curiosity.  My last 2 cycles were a bit off than the norm so I've just been naturally curious as to how far along I actually am.  Does anyone know the 'max' the Clearblue Advanced can detect?
    The Canadian ones will say 1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks, and 3+ weeks. That's time since conception. I don't know if the US ones are exactly the same or not.

The Canadian ones will say 1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks, and 3+ weeks. That's time since conception. I don't know if the US ones are exactly the same or not.

In the US they are the same. The max says 3+
  • Thanks, Brooklyn! That was exactly what I was wondering. Tenacious, indeed! :D I only got so far as the graph in the website's literature but it wasn't detailed enough to really discern the ranges.

Once I get over the 2,000 mark we will do an u/s. I'm going to be excitedly on edge until then. :)
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 6/25/10**TTC #1 July 2011**BFP 11/1/11**EDD 7/11/12**U/S shows TWINS!!! 11/30/11
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Fraternal girls born at 35+4. Slow down baby girls!!
    Is that estimated weeks from conception?
    Me- 23; DH- 29
    Started dating Oct. 2008; Married Sept. 2013
    TTC since Sept. 2013
    BFP 11/25/13 EDD 08/04/14
    MC 12/13/13 @ 5 wks 2 days
    BFP 02/11/14 EDD 10/24/14

“When everything seems to be going against you,
    remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
    Is that estimated weeks from conception?
    Yes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"