Breastfeeding

Hygeia Q or Medela Personal Double Pump

I hope this topic hasn't been beaten to death over here but I have tried googling reviews for the Hygeia vs. Medela and pretty much everyone just says what they are ordering and doesn't provide a review of the pump after they have actually used it.  My insurance won't pay for the Medela Advanced Personal Double pump so the one I am eligible for doesn't have the letdown button.

I already have a PISA that was worked to death from DS1 and I regularly used to use the letdown button but I'm open to the Hygeia Q if it really is better.

Has anyone here used the Hygeia Q and do you like it?  If you have the Medela personal double pump from your insurance, do you have a problem without the letdown button?  I would like to have a pump for at work and at home because if it's the same as with DS, I will potentially have low supply and have to add in extra sessions.
Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

Re: Hygeia Q or Medela Personal Double Pump

• I love my Hygeia. I recently stopped pumping, but it was not too loud at work, powerful, easy to use in the car, portable and something I recommend to everyone. I would get the internal battery version if you can.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • caladpi02 said:
    I love my Hygeia. I recently stopped pumping, but it was not too loud at work, powerful, easy to use in the car, portable and something I recommend to everyone. I would get the internal battery version if you can.
    So did you have the insurance Q version or the more expensive Enjoye?  I don't care about the extras or the internal battery on the Enjoye but I'm wondering if the actual pump more on the Q is is good as the Enjoye.
    Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

• Loading the player...
  • I have a medela PISA and hygeia enjoye. I like the hygeia better because it is more adjustable (speed and suction). But I think they are both good pumps. I wanted two because I wanted one for home and bone for work. Also if anything happened to one, I wanted a backup.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017

• caladpi02 said:

I love my Hygeia. I recently stopped pumping, but it was not too loud at work, powerful, easy to use in the car, portable and something I recommend to everyone. I would get the internal battery version if you can.

So did you have the insurance Q version or the more expensive Enjoye?  I don't care about the extras or the internal battery on the Enjoye but I'm wondering if the actual pump more on the Q is is good as the Enjoye.

My insurance got me the Enriche, which I think is the Q. I posted on the Facebook page and emailed with them about pump stuff. They were super responsive with me. I would suggest emailing and they can tell you about differences. My understanding is that there are none.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have the Q - and as I'm sure you know, you don't need a letdown button since the pump allows you to control both suction and speed.  I keep it on low suction fast speed for a minute or two to get things started, and then turn the speed down and suction up for the rest of my pumping.

I love being able to control the speed and suction, since I can alter it based on how my nipples are feeling on any one day.

I really love my pump.  It's super strong - I never need to turn it up all the way, and it's doing really well for me 6 months into the pumping game (only 4 months of heavy use though).  I've also had pretty good experiences with getting responses from customer service, but I haven't had to get a pump replaced, so I can't speak to that.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I also like my Hygeia Q. It's very powerful and easy to adjust both speed and suction. I used an old Medela PISA with DS and like this just as much. I have an Anemda PY at home that seems much lower quality than the Q.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"