Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How long before the reflux meds worked?

DD has been on Prevacid since Monday (twice a day) and they seem to be making things worse.  Just curious as to how long it took the medication to help if your DC has reflux.

Re: How long before the reflux meds worked?

• it took about a week.  i also give her gas drops in every bottle - I find that when she is burping really well, she spits up less. 
  • That's one of the new problems is that she's stopped burping.  And stopped STTN and her spit up is mucusy now.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was never on anything other than Zantac so I don't know anything about Prevacid. It did take about a week and a half to two weeks and the correct dosage before we saw a major difference.

There are going to be days that are worse than others with reflux. However, if your DD is having mucousy spit-up and seems to not be reacting well to the Prevacid I would take her off of it until you talk to the Pedi. Have they tried any other medications or thickened feeds? I'm sorry you are going through this.

• Our daughter takes Axid, and it took at least 2 weeks to work.
  • She was on Axid for about a week & I think it made it worse. She slept much better the FIRST night she took Prevacid. We started with 1/2 of a 15 pill but now she gets the whole thing. Her sleep has improved a ton. She was getting up every 2-3 hrs. Now she will sleep from 10-5 at least.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"