Birth Stories

WHAT CAME FIRST?

What came for you first?? Did your water break first or did your contractions start first?? If you have no children yet please don't answer.

Re: WHAT CAME FIRST?

• DS: Water broke first (statistically this only happens in 1 out of 10 deliveries)
    DD: Labor started and water broke after I hit 7 cm
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Contractions started, water broke about an hour later (about 3 hours before DS was born)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With both of mine, my MW broke the bag right before crowning.  So both times I pushed and it stayed intact.  I've heard things feel more intense once your water breaks, so it makes me wonder if my births would have been a lot harder had my water broken earlier.  It will be interesting to see what happens next time.
  • Contractions, water broke when pushing
  • Water broke. Conteactions started and were reg 10 min after.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My contractions started way before my water broke.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Contractions....water never broke on its own.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Contractions.  Doctor broke my water when I was dilated to around an 8, I believe.
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • My water broke first. Didnt even see it coming.
  • I seriously thought this was a question of....
    "The chicken or the egg" lol!!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Contractions!  My midwife broke my water when I was on the table.
  • DD1: Contractions, active labor, waters broke a little over 48 house later
    DD2: Induction, contractions, Dr. broke my bag of waters
  • Small rupture and slow leak, then contractions, then pushing caused the complete break.
  • Contractions, then 2.5 hrs later water broke on its own.
  • contractions for 4 hours then Dr. broke water.
    Me 35, DH 36
    TTC summer 2008
    Diagnose me. DOR, DH perfect
    IUI # 1 6/2010, BFN
    IUI # 2 8/2010, BFN
    IVF # 1 10/2010 Canceled poor response
    IVF 1.2 12/2010 BFP! mc 6 weeks 2 days
    Mental health break for 10 months
    IVF # 2 10/2011 BFN
    IVF # 3 5/2012 BFP! 10 eggs retrieved (best ever)
    7 fertilized transferred 3
    Beta #1 14dpo - 72, Beta #2 17dpo 145 Beta 3 20dpo 521
    First u/s June 15 saw HB 126 bpm missed m/c 7/5/12 10 weeks D&C 7/6/12
    IVF#4 ER 9/30 ET 10/3 Beta 10/16 BFFN. IVF #5 final with o/e. ER 1/21 only 1 retrieved, hoping my lonestar is the one. Beta #1 2/6/13 = 209.... please let this be it! Keep growing lonestar! Beta #2 2/8/13 - 586! , Beta #3 2/10/13 = 1898. First u/s perfect little heart beat at 116 bpm. Measure 6 weeks 1 day. EDD 10/14/13
    3/4/13 measuring right on track beautiful heartbeat 171 bpm, graduated from RE to OB... bittersweet.
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome! Its a girl! 

Maggie Grace is here!  10/5/13... 8lbs 6 ounces of pure joy!

TTC#2  No birth control since DD was born.  Getting ready to jump back in the saddle.  Weaning this month. RE
    appt scheduled 5/8.   Here we go again!

IFV# 6.  10/27  6 retrieved 4 mature 3 fertilized.  2 made it to 3dt 10/30. 1"very pretty 8 cell" and 1 6 cell.  Beta
    11/13.   Please stick embies!!!!  We love you so much already! 11/12/14  POAS, BFP... beta tomorrow!
    11/13 beta #1  924!!!  2nd bet 11/15 1906, one more on 11/17 3rd & final beta 3430.  First u/s 12/5, 7w4d, 2 heartbeats,
    both measuring right on track....2nd u/s... all is well... both beans measuring right on track... released from RE... first
    appointment with MFM 1/5.  Looks like this is really happening!

• Water broke first, and in the middle of the night..  I had only felt two contractions, not at regular intervals, the previous evening.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

imageimage
  • With my son mild, contractions for about an hour then my water broke, then my contractions got waaaayyyy worse! With our daughter (2 weeks ago) contractions came, got really strong, I dialated to 7 cm, and the dr had to break my water.
  • Water broke while at work (big gush, pretty embarrassing). I never started having contractions on my own, had to start pitocin after 12 hours of water breaking.
  • Water broke when pushing, so contractions came first
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Water broken then contractions after walking a few hours.
  • wow! thanks everyone. I had a friend this weekend whose water broke at 2am and didn't have the baby until 18 hours later. poor girl! I cant wait to see what happens with me. it would be a neat experience to have my water break on its own though! as long as im not in the grocery store.. or at church haha!
  • Yes, it's true most of the time contractions begin first.  They did for me the first two times, but the last time was a small rupture with a slow leak at 5am.  Then midwife broke water when I was ready to push around 3:30 :)

Gracie Davis
    www.graciedoula.com
  • I had contractions for two days straight before I went to the hospital! They were not getting closer together, so the nurses insisted it was "false" labor. By the time I finally went to the hospital I was 5 cm dilated and delivered a baby four hours later. My water never broke on it's own- doctor broke it after epidural. 
  • AllieOliverAllieOliver member
    edited October 2013
    My water broke first! The day before they had told me I was only 1 cm dilated! It was completely unexpected.
  • Water broke, no contractions
  • My water broke first. It was morning and I was laying in bed. I felt a pop and got up and ran to the toilet. It gushed out, lots of it! Contractions started about an hour later.
  • Contractions came first. Woke up with them and had a baby 7 1/2 hours later
  • My contractions came first.  They had to break my water in the hospital.  They started on a Monday night and I had him that Wednesday morning.
  • My water broke in the middle if the night. Contractions started a few hours later. DD was born 25 hours after water breaking.
  • I was induced so my contractions came first then a couple hours later the doctor broke my water.
  • Non-painful contractions started first (similar to BH but a little stronger). And then my water broke 2 hours later with stronger contractions immediately following.
    Anniversary
  • contractions came first, but they were 10 minutes apart for more than 12 hours. things seemed to speed up once my water broke and i made it to the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• For both kids my water broke first and contractions started about an hour later.
  • Contractions. Dr broke my water 12 hrs later
  • With my DS #1, I had BH contractions very frequent the day before my water broke. The next day, I had none, but at the end of the evening my water broke......

btw.... your title "What came first" Made me think it was going to follow with....the chicken or the egg? LOL
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Contractions first.
  • Contractions first. Went into labor and water popped while pushing, one min before DS was born. This prevented me from tearing!
  • Water broke at 5am. 1st contraction was around 7am.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• DS1 contractions first and they broke my water
    DS2 water broke no contractions had to have pit
  • Contractions, the Dr broke my water right before I started pushing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"